• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Collins to test NBA, update: he has signed an agent, per Jeff Goodman

giphy.gif

JC doesn't need to average 25 to improve his stock if he stays. He also doesn't need to shoot 60% to do so. If our team improves and he stays the same, the exposure alone will bump him up.

Exactly. He could put up the same numbers and be a much better player. Imagine if he could score from all over the court playing aside a C who could score in the post, a first round PG, and efficient wing shooters, and bench players who can get to the rim (Chill, maybe Melo).

I would love for him to come back, but ALWAYS TAKE THE MONEY. You never know what can happen. A first round guaranteed contract is a lot of money.

Why not talk about what is going on here rather than assigning me blame? Why don't you talk about the person who did as you posted?

My bad, it's easier to blame me for something an another did.

Sorry rj. Not an attack. Just an observation. Have a good day.

Nice to see the usual suspect has managed to fuck up yet another thread.

RJ has a lot of the Donald in him - a man who responds childishly to ever being proven wrong about something.

Hopefully, you or another MOD will edit the thread title if there is any news. Thanks.

NESN mock draft as of today:

#10 John Collins to the Dallas Mavericks

Giles is hiring an agent.

Collins is doing the obvious in testing the waters and the smart thing (for him) in doing so without an agent.

He is full of skill and potential but could improve his defense, size/strength, passing, outside game if he comes back. And potentially enjoy a much more significant legacy as a WFU player.

Would also think that Manning and Chill could help fill the agent role during the process with relative ease. I'm sure those two know a ton of guys in front offices.

Would also think that Manning and Chill could help fill the agent role during the process with relative ease. I'm sure those two know a ton of guys in front offices.

And if they need introductions, I'm sure a quick call to CP3 or Ish or Amina or... would help get calls answered.

I'd love to see a list of players who were projected as 15-20 picks and after coming back for an extra year, significantly improved their stock.

I really don't think there are that many. And far more that either stayed the same or actually moved down with the extra year of game film and older age.

How many players came back a year later and made more money cause the new CBA made the rookie scale go up 50%. None, but this is a once in a lifetime situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chad Ford ESPN Mock Draft 4.0 dropped this morning at 8am.

Collins has slipped all the way down to 29th (San Antonio Spurs).

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/19067767/chad-ford-nba-mock-draft-40-picks-lakers-celtics-sixers-more
It looks like there's going to be a pretty wide assessment of him going anywhere from low lottery to the bottom of the first round so that isn't surprising. IMO if he's not a guaranteed lottery pick....by that meaning that most people put him in the lottery.....I think he stays.

Thornwell not listed in that mock draft (only has first round).

Dennis Smith 5
Tatum 6
Isaac 10
Giles 13
Justin Jax 21
Tony Bradley (?!) 28
JC 29
Kennard 30

Do any of his fellow students know if Collins is still in school and attending class? I heard from a fairly reliable source that he is not.

Do any of his fellow students know if Collins is still in school and attending class? I heard from a fairly reliable source that he is not.

He's been using some class time to scout apartments at Crowne Oakes with BC.

Probably the best indicator of whether he has any intentions of staying or not

Back