• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Collins to test NBA, update: he has signed an agent, per Jeff Goodman

We have an awesome Deacon starting five NBA players right now

Not to derail, but yeah we do (Paul, Teague, Johnson, Aminu, Collins). Ish as 6th man.

We were even better back in 2007-2008 when Josh Howard and Tim Duncan (apparently/rumored/maybe) both turned down the Dream Team.

Paul
Howard
Duncan

3/12 members of Olympic gold medal team.

Now THAT woulda coulda helped us with recruiting.

Right move for John as he continually was moving up the draft board last season. Best of luck to him in his career in the league and thanks for giving Wake your best. On to a post grad big now!

Never hurts to have more first round picks! (assuming Bzz isn't the coach)
I assume the Hornets will get dicked by the ping pong balls, let's take him at the end of the lottery.

Best of luck JC! I also appreciate his statement at bleeding black and gold. His announcing this now helps Manning plan for any grad student transfer moves he would like to make.

Last edited:
Keep working hard John. The rest will fall into place!

Thanks!

C9QbA6yUwAA9y4I.jpg:large

I ain't supprised to read this. A quality good guy. Will be successful in the NBA or wherever life leads him.

Looking forward to watching him. If he continues to improve his jump shot and positioning, he's got a really high ceiling. Worst case scenario, 6'10 guys who can score efficiently and rebound will stick around for a while.

We have an awesome Deacon starting five NBA players right now

Not to derail, but yeah we do (Paul, Teague, Johnson, Aminu, Collins). Ish as 6th man.

We were even better back in 2007-2008 when Josh Howard and Tim Duncan (apparently/rumored/maybe) both turned down the Dream Team.

Paul
Howard
Duncan

3/12 members of Olympic gold medal team.

Now THAT woulda coulda helped us with recruiting.

Are we sure Teague would start over Ish??? Paging PhDeac.

Who would leave $8 or whatever million on the table? Invest a small percentage smartly and you can have a financial cushion for the rest of your life.

That said, I fear JC is going to have a rough road doing anything meaningful in the NBA. He's a classic tweener by anyone's definition.

Who would leave $8 or whatever million on the table? Invest a small percentage smartly and you can have a financial cushion for the rest of your life.

That said, I fear JC is going to have a rough road doing anything meaningful in the NBA. He's a classic tweener by anyone's definition.

He's not a tweener. He's a PF who played out of position much of his time in college.

While we knew this was coming, it's still sad to see him go from a fan perspective. VERY proud of and happy for JC. He's been a wonderful representative for WFU and like everyone else, I wish the dude nothing but success and happiness in life.

We should always hold JC in high regards for playing a big part in turning our program around. Thanks for all you've done, John!

Back