• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Come Home, RJ

I have to admit that I didn't remember how this whole Townie vs. rjkarl beef started. I went back and checked the thread and it seems like it started when Townie posted this PM from rjkarl.

RJKarl said:
Dear Townie,

If you're reading this, you've gotten out. And if you've come this far, maybe you're willing to come a little further. You remember the name of the book, don't you?

TownieDeac said:
A Story Almost Told

RJKarl said:
I could use a good man to help me get my project on wheels. I'll keep an eye out for you and the WordPerfect 5.1 and AOL dial-up ready. Remember, Townie, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. I will be hoping that this letter finds you, and finds you well.

Your friend,

RJ

i haven't logged into this site in MONTHS but it's good to see that the same old people are stirrnig things up around here.

you know who you are that needs handicapping advice - I got your call a little while ago; bet Slappy Potswangle in the 3rd.

thanks all for the emails and IM's of support. Unfortnuately there is just too much HATE around here for me. some of you have really laid into me. I wish there was a way to show you HOW MANY pos reps I got after all of that, but i can't. 90% of you are great people that i'd like to hang with, but the other 10% are determined to run me off. I'm not staying, but it's MY choice, not the result of some immature child on the internet.

4501678-shots.gif

Are you suggesting some kind of VOTER ID? What is this Russia?

RJKarl- who crawled through a river of abuse and came out clean on the other side.

Plus I mean, you gotta compare like 20-30 years of RJ to like having to read a 50 worst posters (2075 edition) thread.

You've lurked the whole time you've been away

He hasn't logged in in months. But he's really pissed about what Townie said about him last month.

I have to admit that I didn't remember how this whole Townie vs. rjkarl beef started. I went back and checked the thread and it seems like it started when Townie posted this PM from rjkarl.

If you need a refresher on how the whole thing started and RJ left, just consult the good book:

PV2ek1O.jpg

Remember the time RJ said he drove from Santa Barbara to West Hollywood in less than ninety minutes even though it was pouring down rain? LOL. What a liar.

That aside, I think RJ had an overall positive impact on the boards. I lost a little respect for him on the old boards when he welched on his bet with ncsportsnut and Jaybone, and he had a bad tendency of following around other posters and antagonizing them, particularly Milhouse with some truly offensive racial/ethnic cartoons. That and the whole four-year [Redacted] love-fest, but RJ was never much of a basketball guy, anyway. More of a soccer--or, as he'd always call it, "football"--fan. Hope you enjoyed the match tonight, Ricky!

RJ: your file says you've served a few months of a life sentence. Do you feel you've been rehabilitated?

Back