• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Come Home, RJ

Not a doubt in my mind that when Ph finally fulfills his destiny as the neo-RJ and quits the boards for a while, he won't last as long as the man himself.

It's fucking weird that someone hacked RJ's account. Mods, what's the deal? No matter your feelings on the guy, his password shouldn't be given out nor should anyone be posing as him.

It's fucking weird that someone hacked RJ's account. Mods, what's the deal? No matter your feelings on the guy, his password shouldn't be given out nor should anyone be posing as him.

If it was a hack, then whoever is posting is well studied in the ways of RJ.

If it was a hack, then whoever is posting is well studied in the ways of RJ.

I got an email from RJ himself saying that it's not him posting. Being that he'd have absolutely zero reason to lie about that, I tend to believe him.

Not a doubt in my mind that when Ph finally fulfills his destiny as the neo-RJ and quits the boards for a while, he won't last as long as the man himself.

IrishSlim came to the Scout boards in 2004 before a two-year stretch writing a blog. That's a web log to you. Army caught him sneaking posts out the front line of the Iraq War. Young punk. Mr. Rock and Roll. Cocky as hell.

Mods don't know user passwords.

If someone is posting as RJ it's because he gave them the login.

RJ or fake RJ sent me a very RJ-esque PM earlier today that seemed well-versed in previous discussions between RJ and IrishSlim

I think clearly what these boards need are moderators that aren't making any sort of "top 50 worst poster" list. This Karma and Slim fellah just can't get along with our most important posters.

Therefore, as the people have spoken, I feel that me and numbers should take their places.

do only angry white people become mods, or does being a mod make one an angry white person?

I thought the mods could see the IP address an account is posting from?

We can. The ip address from which RJ's two most recent posts came matches that of another user who was posting at around the same time. I am trying to determine whether that correlation implies causation.

If said user was posting from RJ's account it is either because RJ gave them the password, or they guessed it.

Back