• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Comparing Codi Miller-Mcintyre vs. Tyler Lewis

Tyler really blossomed under the coaching of our own Craig Dawson at FCDS. It is a shame we did not get him but we had no chance. He was a McDonald's AA and is a ball handling genius who sees the entire basketball court as well as anybody in the college game.

So much :laugh: in this post. We didn't have a chance? are you serious?

thats funny, actling like he is a top college player who is too good for Wake. As bad as we are, he would not stand out on our team.

Remember Reff knows more about our chances with Tyler than Craig, rusty, Tyler or Tyler's dad. I can't believe everyone doesn't realize this.

For the trillionth time, we absolutely had a chance with Tyler. I do not remember the exact details in speaking with somebody very, very close to Tyler, but we waited too long to pull the trigger on a scholarship offer after the changeover between coaching staffs and it hurt our chances because they thought an offer was coming sooner.

Tyler absolutely was interested in Wake Forest. To say otherwise is completely and absurdly untrue.

Since it was so much fun before they were even playing games, I thought it'd be good to break down the two players' stats with just a few conference games to play.

Overall:

Codi: 92.6 ORAT | 106.4 DRAT | -1.4 Overall | 45.1 eFG% | 19.7 A Ratio | 19.0 TO Ratio | 18.8% USG | 3.6 A/40 | 3.6 R/40 | -1.6 +/- per game | .99 PPS

Tyler: 121.1 ORAT | 107.9 DRAT | 1.0 Overall | 39.5 eFG% | 16.6 A Ratio | 23.5 TO Ratio | 15.2% USG | 4.3 A/40 | 3.7 R/40 | -.2 +/- per game | 1.48 PPS

Things of note, despite poor shooting numbers and a high overall TO ratio, Lewis's offensive rating is a lot higher than Codi's. Not sure exactly why. His +/-, PPS and overall rating are better as well.

The conference numbers are where things get a little more interesting.

Conference:

Codi: 83.3 ORAT | 107.5 DRAT | -2.7 Overall | 39.4 eFG% | 16.7 A Ratio | 17.6 TO Ratio | 20% USG | 3.0 A/40 | 3.7 R/40 | -3.8 +/- per game | .86 PPS

Tyler: 139.7 ORAT | 109.7 DRAT | 2.6 Overall | 43.2 eFG% | 16.6 A Ratio | 0.0 TO Ratio | 15% USG | 3.9 A/40 | 3.1 R/40 | -1.3 +/- per game | 1.55 PPS

Lewis is much more efficient offensively in conference play, enhanced by his unreal turnover numbers. His usage is also lower, coupled with the high PPS, which also boosts the efficiency numbers. Codi, on the other hand, has been downright dreadful in conference play. His offensive rating is atrocious, he's shooting poorly and he's taking up 1/5 of the team's possessions. +/- is a misleading stat in general, but the team is playing worse when he is on the floor, and his .79 PPS is eighth worst among qualifying players (above Tyler [second worst] and Madison [third worst]).

*Stats are from SCACCHoops.com*

Stats are for losers. If you went by stats, Wake would have won about a 1000 more football and basketball games over the past 20 years.

We thought enough of Tyler to offer and he verbaled as a sophomore. As many of your know, he played at FCDS for both Rusty LaRue and Craig Dawson. Buzz came in and backed off the offer. Tyler left FCDS to be the point guard at Oak Hill and become the Virginia high school player of the year. By the time [Redacted] decided to re-issue the offer, Tyler was turned off by the vascillation and switched his commitement to NCSU. I think Codi has a lot of potential and certainly has a great body for his position.
But Tyler was a local talent, with Division One ability who has improved every year and would have been a real fan favorite at Wake for four years. Personallly, I would like to have both on my team.

From what I know, Wake had a really slim chance to get him, especially after Bzz was hired. The whole situation about how and when Buzz re-offered him was really weird/random...

Last edited:
For the trillionth time, we absolutely had a chance with Tyler. I do not remember the exact details in speaking with somebody very, very close to Tyler, but we waited too long to pull the trigger on a scholarship offer after the changeover between coaching staffs and it hurt our chances because they thought an offer was coming sooner.

Tyler absolutely was interested in Wake Forest. To say otherwise is completely and absurdly untrue.

Why didn't Rusty tell [Redacted] to keep the offer on the table? He coached him, after all, and was close with his Dad.

We definitely had a chance and Tyler did want to come here. I know this for a fact, but the circumstances surrounding why that scholarship was lifted remain really murky, especially with Rusty on staff to vouch for him and Battle having been an assistant when the offer was originally extended.

You'd think that they'd stand by their man...

it was a very weird situation for sure. Buzz totally screwed up the recruitment of Tyler for sure

Why didn't Rusty tell [Redacted] to keep the offer on the table? He coached him, after all, and was close with his Dad.

We definitely had a chance and Tyler did want to come here. I know this for a fact, but the circumstances surrounding why that scholarship was lifted remain really murky, especially with Rusty on staff to vouch for him and Battle having been an assistant when the offer was originally extended.

You'd think that they'd stand by their man...

I have no idea. I think Coach [Redacted] wanted to evaluate Tyler for himself and I'm sure there was a lot going on surrounding the hiring/settling down/recruiting and everything else. I also think that Coach [Redacted] liked what he saw out of CMM. I'm a little hazy on the timeline of everything so I could be off on that last sentence though.

Not sure why Rusty didn't go to bat for Tyler, that is something that would be interesting to find out.

I have no idea. I think Coach [Redacted] wanted to evaluate Tyler for himself and I'm sure there was a lot going on surrounding the hiring/settling down/recruiting and everything else. I also think that Coach [Redacted] liked what he saw out of CMM. I'm a little hazy on the timeline of everything so I could be off on that last sentence though.

Not sure why Rusty didn't go to bat for Tyler, that is something that would be interesting to find out.

There is some speculation about that but its not worth putting on the boards/ and it could be just a rumor

Looks like he played pretty good to me as a frosh stepping into the starting PG slot for a few games during the crux of the ACC season.

Back