• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Comparing Codi Miller-Mcintyre vs. Tyler Lewis

I think Codi will be fine for us next year.

It will be interesting to compare these two throughout their careers though.

I still believe that CMM was the right guy for us and was more of what we needed than Tyler Lewis. Lewis can be great with great players around him, but can be somewhat limited offensively in creating his own shot and scoring a lot at the ACC level. Codi can do those things, which is what we need him to do.
Both guys should prove to be pretty good fits in the systems that they are in.

He needs to start doing it more frequently, however.

I can't imagine a backcourt of Lewis and Chase. And I say that even though I like Chase. Give me CMM any day.

I don't think Madison has played well, and I don't think all schools overrate all their recruiting classes all the time. Every scholarship player on our roster gets on the court, it's not an achievement. Throughout the whole offseason we had multiple posters saying that this player and that player were better than their ranking, and that so and so didn't play enough AAU ball, or that the recruiting services just didn't see enough of their games. I think some people are still holding on to that denial now, even while we lose game after game to other young, bad teams. You don't have to give up on a player or a class, to just admit that they aren't good right now. They'll all hopefully get better if Bzz doesn't kick them out first.

First bold: No one said he has. FYC said he's played well, relative to his rating.

Second bold: I really don't remember that. People said that 3 frosh would start this year, simply by default. A lot of people thought that Codi would step in and be a quality player, but honestly we (the boards consensus) might have underrated Devin more than we overrated Codi. I don't remember anyone making any big proclamations about any of the other 5, for this year.

mdmh didn't you start a thread on DS super upset about the signing of CMM because he was unranked at the time?

Not on DS no, but I'm sure I started/participated in plenty of threads here criticizing Bzz's recruiting, and I know I argued a lot with people who thought highly of them. I've been a debbie downer about all of Bzz's recruits, though I was eventually sold on CMM, and I got excited about Devin.

We thought enough of Tyler to offer and he verbaled as a sophomore. As many of your know, he played at FCDS for both Rusty LaRue and Craig Dawson. Buzz came in and backed off the offer. Tyler left FCDS to be the point guard at Oak Hill and become the Virginia high school player of the year. By the time [Redacted] decided to re-issue the offer, Tyler was turned off by the vascillation and switched his commitement to NCSU. I think Codi has a lot of potential and certainly has a great body for his position.
But Tyler was a local talent, with Division One ability who has improved every year and would have been a real fan favorite at Wake for four years. Personallly, I would like to have both on my team.

Interesting theory on RJ heading up the basketball scouting industry.

I also don't really understand why people are trying to backstroke from the AT&T class. That class was stacked coming out of high school. Absolutely loaded with talent. It didn't totally pan out and it's unfortunate that it didn't, but it was one hell of a class. If those three same players were scouted again based on high school play (with no names or knowledge of them), I would garner that they would still be rated in the same area as they were

I believe Slothrop's bigger point is not to say one was necessarily better than the other, but simply to point out that Tyler Lewis is a legitimate ACC player and will be very good at State for 4 years. There have been users on this board who would poke fun at him earlier on in the season, but now that Tyler Lewis has been given an opportunity he's shown that he can really play.

Lewis is only an ACC player if he is playing with the best players. Put him on Wake's team and see how awful he is. And for the life of me, I can't understand why other pg's do not get all over him cause he can't go by any ACC guard if they are actually trying.

Lewis is only an ACC player if he is playing with the best players. Put him on Wake's team and see how awful he is. And for the life of me, I can't understand why other pg's do not get all over him cause he can't go by any ACC guard if they are actually trying.

from the games I have watched, they get on him at halfcourt, and its a ton of pressure. He has handled pretty heavy pressure by other guards pretty well actually. I highly doubt all of the ACC coaches don't realize they should pressure him on ball. Give the kid some credit, he has a nice game.

Interesting theory on RJ heading up the basketball scouting industry.
What kind of crazy shit is this? It's not like you
I also don't really understand why people are trying to backstroke from the AT&T class. That class was stacked coming out of high school. Absolutely loaded with talent. It didn't totally pan out and it's unfortunate that it didn't, but it was one hell of a class. If those three same players were scouted again based on high school play (with no names or knowledge of them), I would garner that they would still be rated in the same area as they were

Back to Tyler, he's a good back-up PG in the ACC. His defensive deficiencies are so great that it would be tough to start him on a team without a superstar big and really good defensive wings.

Eh, the +/- argument is overrated to me when you're talking about a kid that has 3 games where he's scored over 6 points OR had more than 2 assists - and 2 of them were losses.

He's the last offensive player anyone on the other team is worried about and he's outmatched no matter who he's defending. His team is packed with NBA talent. He hits his free throws, has a nice handle and doesn't turn it over much. He has a ton of development to go through if he's going to be effective when it counts. Still looks like a career backup.

This is no contest since he started getting actual playing time at Virginia when Brown went down and then responded against Miami in the next game. The one thing you can clearly point to as Gott's fault this season is sticking with a 6 man rotation instead of giving Lewis more than 3 minutes per game before Brown went down. Lewis can create his own shot, get to the rim, create for others, and pretty much everything better than CMM on the offensive end. Defense is a problem, however the team actually works harder on defense when he's out there and often make up for his deficiencies, weirdly enough. And that's without anyone else on State actually being good defensively

*ducks*

CMM is a 2 guard. Even if he was a pure one, the talk on this board that you're better off without Lewis and just CMM was ludicrous. Wake has a serious talent problem, you could always have used both. The idea that Wake was in a position to turn down a McDonald's All-American wreaks of sour grapes, and this thread and every other thread Lewis is mentioned in full of it

What position is Barber going to play next year? If he wants to play at the next level (NBA), he's going to have to have the ball in his hands.

We thought enough of Tyler to offer and he verbaled as a sophomore. As many of your know, he played at FCDS for both Rusty LaRue and Craig Dawson. Buzz came in and backed off the offer. Tyler left FCDS to be the point guard at Oak Hill and become the Virginia high school player of the year. By the time [Redacted] decided to re-issue the offer, Tyler was turned off by the vascillation and switched his commitement to NCSU. I think Codi has a lot of potential and certainly has a great body for his position.
But Tyler was a local talent, with Division One ability who has improved every year and would have been a real fan favorite at Wake for four years. Personallly, I would like to have both on my team.

Tyler really blossomed under the coaching of our own Craig Dawson at FCDS. It is a shame we did not get him but we had no chance. He was a McDonald's AA and is a ball handling genius who sees the entire basketball court as well as anybody in the college game.

Back