• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Comparing Codi Miller-Mcintyre vs. Tyler Lewis

Considering we've already moved Codi to the 2 and started Madison a few times this year, a better question may be whether we'd be a better team starting Lewis, Codi, CJ, McKie, and Devin right now. Hard to imagine that we wouldn't be.

At the same time, if you've watched Tyler this year he has seen a lot of garbage minutes - and he's looked totally outmatched during a lot of his meaningful minutes. Teams basically clear out for whoever he plays on defense immediately if he's up against an ACC starter.

Or, players are overrated in general, and we ride the wave that benefits our arguement. We didn't make AT&T the top players in the country....someone else did, and we took it for it's value. Getting 4 star recruits is a good thing....if they don't live up to the hype, it's not our fault. We didn't make the 4 star recruits, we just got excited when they decided to come here.

Fans are fans. Next year is the year, the refs hosed us, and our recruiting class is sick/underrated/will bring us back. Not unique to any fan base.

Wait, what are you arguing with? I didn't say much about our kids other than Devin and Madison playing well in the context of their rankings/recruitment. You disagree?

Devin has played above his ranking, that's clear. CMM is playing below his ranking, the rest of the team is playing as the recruiting services projected them to, I believe. I think this board was unfair to our departed players in regards to how big of an "improvement" they deemed this class to be, before it ever stepped on the court.

I wouldn't say Madison is playing well even in context of his ranking. He's been pretty average to bad, at best, in conference play.

36.1 eFG% | 41.4 Turnover Ratio | -3.4 +/- per game | -7.6 +/- per 40 | .75 PPS | 79.4 ORAT | -1.1 Overall

If we had landed Terrell McIntyre we would have won the national championship. Nice job Odom. I ve been very bitter about it for years.

Back to thread topic...

Devin has played above his ranking, that's clear. CMM is playing below his ranking, the rest of the team is playing as the recruiting services projected them to, I believe. I think this board was unfair to our departed players in regards to how big of an "improvement" they deemed this class to be, before it ever stepped on the court.

So you agreed with my main point and the rest of the stuff you mention I didn't bring up at all.

Sloth, as far as Madison, his numbers aren't good but in comparison to Joe Dukes and Anthony Fields he is at least capable of getting bad numbers because he can find his way on the court. Those are his peers.

So you agreed with my main point and the rest of the stuff you mention I didn't bring up at all.

Sloth, as far as Madison, his numbers aren't good but in comparison to Joe Dukes and Anthony Fields he is at least capable of getting bad numbers because he can find his way on the court. Those are his peers.

I don't think Madison has played well, and I don't think all schools overrate all their recruiting classes all the time. Every scholarship player on our roster gets on the court, it's not an achievement. Throughout the whole offseason we had multiple posters saying that this player and that player were better than their ranking, and that so and so didn't play enough AAU ball, or that the recruiting services just didn't see enough of their games. I think some people are still holding on to that denial now, even while we lose game after game to other young, bad teams. You don't have to give up on a player or a class, to just admit that they aren't good right now. They'll all hopefully get better if Bzz doesn't kick them out first.

Last edited:

Suppose that's true. Really the problem in general (on top of recruits not playing up to their rankings) is the transfers depleting whatever depth we do have (whether it is good or bad depth) and forcing the team to take on unexpected late signees. Then we hope for the best rather than allowing starters and established veterans to take the bulk of the minutes and players to have their first year + to get up to college game speed. We're forcing players who should not be getting minutes this late in the year to play a major role, or in some cases (Cavanaugh) to take a lion's share of minutes. A big red flag is this may fly in year one, but year three of a tenure? Transfers, culture change or not, that's a severe lack of foresight and planning.

I don't think Madison has played well, and I don't think all schools overrate all their recruiting classes all the time. Every scholarship player on our roster gets on the court, it's not an achievement.

Okay, so we are the only biased fan base and Madison has not played better than our other NR PG end of recruiting cycle pick ups. Got it.

It's funny I say that Devin has played better than a 3 star and the Madison is not the complete shit show that Dukes and Fields were and people act like I said our recruiting class is the tits. Obviously our team is a mess. If anything it is damning with faint praise.

It's funny I say that Devin has played better than a 3 star and the Madison is not the complete shit show that Dukes and Field were and people act like I said our recruiting class is the tits. Obviously our team is a mess. If anything it is damning with faint praise.

It's not "people", it's just me (I think), and I never put those words in your mouth. If you did overrate this recruiting class, you certainly weren't the only one. According to the "predict the wins" thread, we all expected more.

It's not "people", it's just me (I think), and I never put those words in your mouth. If you did overrate this recruiting class, you certainly weren't the only one. According to the "predict the wins" thread, we all expected more.

I'm not being defensive, but you keep saying things I agree with or haven't commented on in a way like I don't agree with them or as if I took an opposite stance.

I'm not being defensive, but you keep saying things I agree with or haven't commented on in a way like I don't agree with them or as if I took an opposite stance.

To be clear, I was really responding to you saying that Wake was more reasonable than normal in evaluating this class because we hate Bzz. "Wake actually might have more voices of reason of late because of the animosity towards the HC and the AD"
I disagree with the idea that we were less optimistic about this class than most, I think the sunshiners and fence riders were really desperate for something positive, so they spun this class as a program changer. In turn, some of were convinced, and our hardcore bzz-out hearts grew three sizes that day.

In the context of their recruiting rankings, I thing our expectations were pretty illogical. There were numerous posts this summer about how this single class was going to save Bzz's job, and how it was proving that he was not a bad recruiter.

Last edited:
To be clear, I was really responding to you saying that Wake was more reasonable in evaluating this class because we hate Bzz. I disagree with the idea that we were less optimistic about this class than most. In the context of their recruiting rankings, I thing our optimism was pretty illogical. There were numerous posts this summer about how this single class was going to save Bzz's job, and how it was proving that he was not a bad recruiter.

Lulz.... plenty of people made fun of the sensational 7 name and talked about the lack of T100 recruits and star power. If you go to other school message boards you see the hyping of every recruit they've signed. Not that it matters, it's all subjective. At least now I know what the hell you were talking about.

mdmh didn't you start a thread on DS super upset about the signing of CMM because he was unranked at the time?

Considering we've already moved Codi to the 2 and started Madison a few times this year, a better question may be whether we'd be a better team starting Lewis, Codi, CJ, McKie, and Devin right now. Hard to imagine that we wouldn't be.

At the same time, if you've watched Tyler this year he has seen a lot of garbage minutes - and he's looked totally outmatched during a lot of his meaningful minutes. Teams basically clear out for whoever he plays on defense immediately if he's up against an ACC starter.

Have you watched him lately? Kid played toe-to-toe with Larkin, had 16 pts to 13 for Larkin (both had 5:1 A/T ratio) and played solid against Duke in Cameron. I agree his stature hinders him, but his defense isn't that bad. Logically, if you have a bigger PG you would be crazy not to back him down because of his size, but he has played well enough to get into State's rotation, and backs up Brown, which is a top 5 PG in the nation.

That's not really true. He's a liability on defense for sure but he's still posted a positive +/- in 4 of our last 5 games (really when he started playing minutes that mattered), and the one game he didn't post a positive +/- he had 13 points, 6 assist and 0 TO's in Cameron. He's far from a world beater and should only get PT when Lo Brown is needing a break but to say he has looked totally outmatched is taking it to far. He has also failed to post a negative +/- in any "clutch" situation this season. His FT shooting and decision making has helped NCSU close out quite a few games down the stretch.

This argument is ridiculous considering CMM is slated in at SG. I hope he improves going forward.

Back