• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Concessions

The pic was posted by the Twitter handle DeacsRecruiting. It was retweeted by numerous people in the sports world and embarassed the program.

Just think what would happen if the media got wind of the food poisoning and precooked prepackaged crap that they are serving over there. You guys want to know why the bbq is so bad?? They get it PREPACKAGED in a plastic bag! They don't do anything but heat it up! I know several people that quit working over there because they were disgusted at the quality of food served at the Tower by the new company. So much for their motto "Everything's Fresh."

The pic was posted by the Twitter handle DeacsRecruiting. It was retweeted by numerous people in the sports world and embarassed the program.
only because someone took the time to draw attention to it and make assumptions that would be embarrassed-worthy

Just think what would happen if the media got wind of the food poisoning and precooked prepackaged crap that they are serving over there. You guys want to know why the bbq is so bad?? They get it PREPACKAGED in a plastic bag! They don't do anything but heat it up! I know several people that quit working over there because they were disgusted at the quality of food served at the Tower by the new company. So much for their motto "Everything's Fresh."
I defer to your expertise here. I've never made a point to defend what's going on over there.
--

there is a difference in a typo and just plain wrong.

Have a great evening. I have made my points.

Enjoy the grub folks!

I like how this is a casstevens vendetta. Like he is solely response for all of this and that his past dealings have anything to do with present dealings. Is he probably a scummy piece of shit sure, but to pretend that our concessions are a shit show solely because of him is hilarious. It's like oh no concessions sucked balls before the switch and now they such balls and ass. Should of been the lower bidder if you weren't then there's the answer.

You made assumptions right there in the past without evidence. You posted they were recruit meals. You assumed we served overcooked steaks to visitors. You may have gotten a false interpretation from your friend on twitter. Don't worry about it though, I've forgiven you.

I respect your opinion. I feel the same about your witch hunt.

We??? Sounds like StrickDeac just outed him/herself as an Athletic Dept employee or possibly an Ovations employee. Those would be the only two who would give a sh!t enough about what happened over there to defend it.

Regardless, the facts are that: 1) the Tower food and game day food suck now. That has been well-documented by posters on this Board, recent Grille patrons, and current and former Tower suite owners.; 2) Ovations was brought in as a cheaper food alternative and was clearly a horrible choice. You get what you pay for.; and 3) Two people, and two people alone, are responsible for #1 and #2 - Randy Casstevens and Ron Wellman. Period. The buck stops there. And, unless you're an Athletic Dept or Ovations shill who believes that if you keep blowing sunshine up everyone's butt they'll finally believe it, you can't dispute those facts.

You almost answered my question before I asked it. Do the ultra-rich whom I presume occupy a different level of this tower get good food?
If so, does that mean that the semi-rich occupy the lower levels and get crap, like the plebeians in the stands?

I have not attended a home football game in a long time, and have no plans to do so. However, I have always wondered why Wellman built this "Tower" in the first place. Does it serve some purpose, or is it just a monument to his ego?

ETA: I think I would just sneak in my own sub or something. Do they have food police in the stands?

Last edited:
Back