• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Concessions

Wake has a highly ranked business school. Turn over the concessions management to the school as part of an intern program. Let the future business leaders show what they can do to increase productivity, increase profits while maintaining a high level of customer service and satisfaction. It is apparent that today's business leaders have failed. Operating a successful business 101.

Wake has a highly ranked business school. Turn over the concessions management to the school as part of an intern program. Let the future business leaders show what they can do to increase productivity, increase profits while maintaining a high level of customer service and satisfaction. It is apparent that today's business leaders have failed. Operating a successful business 101.

This is a fantastic idea.
Kind of like how VT has a hotel on campus run by Hospitality Management majors.

I love this

I like this idea.

Outstanding idea! Someone should formally suggest this, just in case any of the Athletic Depart staff that pose as fans on this Board don't run with it.

Why hire a good service company at all? We could adopt a food truck model and rent space to some of the area's finest vendors. It would add diversity to the offerings and the vendors would be motivated to put together a good product due to the competition.

Ph is on FIRE! Excellent idea on the food trucks. I'm still chuckling at the last straw comment.

I also love the idea of turning it over to an intern program. Win-Win

Of course the fact that the intern idea is an awesome one is exactly why it won't happen under Wellman. The chances of that fucktard turning over power to a bunch of college kids is the same as Wake Football going to a bowl this season.

Food trucks would be logistically easy for football. Just pull the damn truck through the gates and get cooking. Hard for basketball, but ph may have just been talking about football.

Why hire a good service company at all? We could adopt a food truck model and rent space to some of the area's finest vendors. It would add diversity to the offerings and the vendors would be motivated to put together a good product due to the competition.

Great free market thinking by Ph. Of course, each food truck would be licensed by the government, inspected with a grade of at least 50% by the local health department, comply with all OSHA requirements, run on solar power, be driven by someone with at least a fake driver's license, and staffed by workers earning a living wage.

It'd be one thing to have MBA's assist a company willing to work with student representation. In no way could they successfully run the entire concessions food support for Wake Football. Food trucks would be more of an addition than a replacement - and they don't answer to anyone. If you don't like lines food trucks aren't the answer to that.

Ovations sucks but that doesn't mean there's some better answer than having a professional food service handle something as big as stadium concessions. And I get that there were warm feelings for the previous company for being local or whatever, but let's not pretend that was a great product either. Probably been to over 20 games prior to Ovations and Wake concessions have always been bad. I was pretty shocked by how poor the Deacon Tower options were.

Replacing - good idea. Ovations - horrible idea. Just hire someone competent and don't go cheap.

#noMBA

Great free market thinking by Ph. Of course, each food truck would be licensed by the government, inspected with a grade of at least 50% by the local health department, comply with all OSHA requirements, run on solar power, be driven by someone with at least a fake driver's license, and staffed by workers earning a living wage.

#obsessedwitheconomiclibertarianism

Another outstanding idea!

It'd be one thing to have MBA's assist a company willing to work with student representation. In no way could they successfully run the entire concessions food support for Wake Football. Food trucks would be more of an addition than a replacement - and they don't answer to anyone. If you don't like lines food trucks aren't the answer to that.

Ovations sucks but that doesn't mean there's some better answer than having a professional food service handle something as big as stadium concessions. And I get that there were warm feelings for the previous company for being local or whatever, but let's not pretend that was a great product either. Probably been to over 20 games prior to Ovations and Wake concessions have always been bad. I was pretty shocked by how poor the Deacon Tower options were.

Replacing - good idea. Ovations - horrible idea. Just hire someone competent and don't go cheap.

Good post.

Of course the fact that the intern idea is an awesome one is exactly why it won't happen under Wellman. The chances of that fucktard turning over power to a bunch of college kids is the same as Wake Football going to a bowl this season.

Food trucks would be logistically easy for football. Just pull the damn truck through the gates and get cooking. Hard for basketball, but ph may have just been talking about football.

I actually wasn't talking about actual trucks, just the basic model with the vendors themselves. The stadiums already have places to prepare and serve the food.

Of course using the trucks for football wouldn't be a problem either. Use the trucks for food and concession stands for beer and a variety of non-alcohol beverages like an old school lemonade stand run by kids and a juice bar.

I went to almost every game over 10 years and I probably went to a concession stand once or twice. I was more likely to get food at Duke games because they had different church groups doing fish fries and serving up philly steaks.

I actually wasn't talking about actual trucks, just the basic model with the vendors themselves. The stadiums already have places to prepare and serve the food.

Of course using the trucks for football wouldn't be a problem either. Use the trucks for food and concession stands for beer and a variety of non-alcohol beverages like an old school lemonade stand run by kids and a juice bar.

I went to almost every game over 10 years and I probably went to a concession stand once or twice. I was more likely to get food at Duke games because they had different church groups doing fish fries and serving up philly steaks.

#obsessedwitheconomiclibertarianism

Back