• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

50% of players in the portal gave up a scholarship and got nothing. The current state of affairs is an abomination on young athletes.

50% of players in the portal gave up a scholarship and got nothing. The current state of affairs is an abomination on young athletes.

Wow. So sad for so many. Instead of being about getting a good education while playing FB and some going onto NFL it’s all about getting on field and trying to increase earning FB potential on field even though so many will never sniff any significant $s and sure most aren’t getting a scholly due to academics and lose education opportunity altogether. What a mess.

Is there a link to that 50% stat?

Could a large number of transfers without a landing spot be due to Covid and the larger than normal rosters that were allowed for a season or two?

I believe the actual stat is 50% go down a division and 10-15%(could be 5%) don't get another scholarship.

I also would not be surprised if a school can get some kind of financing for a buyout when you have a much higher guaranteed future revenue stream.

where do weeknight bball games go? guessing they're not going to be on NBC, Fox, or CBS main networks. Just FS1 and 2? CBS Sports Network? meh.

I also would not be surprised if a school can get some kind of financing for a buyout when you have a much higher guaranteed future revenue stream.

Oklahoma and Texa$$$$$$ could not find a way to leave the Big 12 early for the SEC. I don't think Clemson and Florida State are going to be successful where those two weren't.

Oklahoma and Texa$$$$$$ could not find a way to leave the Big 12 early for the SEC. I don't think Clemson and Florida State are going to be successful where those two weren't.

You're talking about leaving early and I am talking about just leaving.

where do weeknight bball games go? guessing they're not going to be on NBC, Fox, or CBS main networks. Just FS1 and 2? CBS Sports Network? meh.

FS1 and Big Ten Network, mostly. There's room for at least 6-7 Big Ten weeknight games on those platforms most weeks, and the article mentions there will be some exclusive streaming games on Peacock as well. Would not be surprised to see the Big Ten playing more Monday or Friday MBB conference games as well.

so what kind of hype will Ohio State and Michigan football get from ESPN going forward? Will they do Gameday there?

Back