• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Really don't think WV and UC change the ACC's position at this point. VT and Pitt aren't going anywhere.

Weird to me that anyone thinks that the Big 12 is in a better position than the ACC, when there is no school in that conference (after Texas and OU leave in May) that any other Power Conference wants ever. I guess the Big 12's strength is that they are like the MAC, they will stay together because no one else wants those schools.

Really don't think WV and UC change the ACC's position at this point. VT and Pitt aren't going anywhere.

Weird to me that anyone thinks that the Big 12 is in a better position than the ACC, when there is no school in that conference (after Texas and OU leave in May) that any other Power Conference wants ever. I guess the Big 12's strength is that they are like the MAC, they will stay together because no one else wants those schools.

Because the Big XII has been active. That’s what sports media cares about. That’s why they aren’t reporting on ACC stability over FSU trying to leave.

wonder if the B12 regrets their previous round of expansion now that they got much better schools in their latest round.

wonder if the B12 regrets their previous round of expansion now that they got much better schools in their latest round.

Better brands? Yes. Better football programs? Maybe not.

Man, so are you saying we have to root for the ACC as a conference? Fuck UNC always and now fuck FSU because of their recent bullshit. Gonna be hard to root for those motherfuckers.
It’s always smart to root for the ACC as a conference. It helps Wake. It helps for football rankings and prestige if we are beating better teams. It quite obviously helps us with regard to bball and base computer rankings.

I'm torn between hoping FSU gets crushed early and often to let them beat LSU and some other "big" supposed games but then lose to Wake, BC, Duke..

Good article. I had to go to Bing and then Firefox to be able to be able to read the whole article.

Not much about ACC.

Says WA decided to jump to B10 and that that flipped OR.

If it was that important to Condeleezza and GW3 perhaps they should’ve gotten involved before the PAC 12 collapsed. Lobbying the ACC to bailout Stanford and SMU at this point is a little tardy.

Back