• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

and there was no way for them to make copies or take pics?

My understanding is that all copies in whatever format would be sent to the league office or destroyed as soon as a school signed. That would limit the possibility of confidential information being subject to FOIA. "Sorry. All copies are in the ACC office. We agreed to that when we signed it."

I'm of the position, stay and just focus on being the one team from the ACC to get in the playoff. If you dominate (Which I doubt), ESPN will get tired of it and start the agenda to get you out of the "Easy ACC". At any rate, I hope ACC wins and FSU has to stay.

I'm of the position, stay and just focus on being the one team from the ACC to get in the playoff. If you dominate (Which I doubt), ESPN will get tired of it and start the agenda to get you out of the "Easy ACC". At any rate, I hope ACC wins and FSU has to stay.

But we don't want those f$u asshats anymore.

Pay up and get lost.

They've overstayed their welcome.

Exactly!

But they don't see it that way. They see FSU as victims of the ACC leadership's behind closed door shenanigans. But they fail to see how stupid that makes them look.

Either they knowingly agreed to what they believed was a bad deal or they unknowingly agreed to a bad deal. Either way they look incompetent.
Wait, what would they be claiming is in it that they now disagree with?
I’m floored that they are arguing that they weren’t allowed to see the contract. That doesn’t seem reasonable.

Also seems like they would have argued about it at the time, instead of however many years later. Sure, maybe the current lawyers haven't seen it, if they have switched since the original drafting, but that is not relevant. Some one for FSU certainly did sign off on it.

Wait, what would they be claiming is in it that they now disagree with?
I’m floored that they are arguing that they weren’t allowed to see the contract. That doesn’t seem reasonable.
These specific people may not have seen it. Part of the deal was that all the schools agreed that all copies of the executed Grant of Rights and media contract were stored in the ACC office. This was done to protect confidential business information from possible FOIA request of any of the state universities. Authorized school staff could view at any time in the ACC office.

Yes. F$U lawyers did go to the ACC office to read the documents. And they publicly bitched about every second of time they spent doing that and the costs of traveling as well.
LOL!! Like they weren’t getting paid for every second of time, including travel time, and every cost of travel and otherwise doing so.

LOL!! Like they weren’t getting paid for every second of time, including travel time, and every cost of travel and otherwise doing so.
They were complaining about how much the ACC policy of keeping the documents in NC was costing poor F$U.

UNC system may prevent UNC, NC State from changing confetences

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
I'm not so sure that it's to prevent them from changing conferences as it is to try and ensure that if another conference wants UNC they also have to take NC State. Seems like a way of making certain that NC State doesn't get left behind if UNC wants to jump ship.

I'm not so sure that it's to prevent them from changing conferences as it is to try and ensure that if another conference wants UNC they also have to take NC State. Seems like a way of making certain that NC State doesn't get left behind if UNC wants to jump ship.
Sounds like preemptive move to do what California legislature trued and failed to do when UCLA went to the B1G and Cal was left behind.

Seems even more likely to find a way for more of the big dollars to be contributed to powers that be in the legislature.

Back