• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Agreed. We all sort of know where this is headed. Why not just get there first and claim whatever advantages can be had. I'm weary of this long slow death of everything. Just get to the new reality already. As noted, in certain ways Wake could feasibly come out just fine or even better.

I'm not counting on the same people who got suckered into the "alliance" to be pro-active on this.

Lazy-ass Big Ten stooge Jim Phillips won't pull a move like that. He's too busy cashing checks in his fancy new Charlotte office to get ND and Harvard on the phone to discuss the future of athletics in education without the SEC and Big Ten.

If the NFL was to adopt the current NCAA model:

1) Players would be free to go to/from any team on a yearly basis, subject to roster limits
2) There would only be a base salary comparable to the value of a college scholarship paid by the team/owners, but beyond that limitless dollars paid by a combination of owners, fans and marketing collectives.
3. Each divsion would make their own t.v. deals with the networks, i.e. the AFC West would have a multi-billion dollar deal with Fox, and the NFC South would be taking in a fraction of that from the CW.
4. And each division would be free to poach teams from other divisons, i.e. the AFC West could tell the Broncos "thanks for the memories" and bring in the Cowboys in their place.

This is something I haven’t thought about. The Big 10, SEC, and Big 12 are not putting their championship games/tourneys in Charlotte and Greensboro. Is that enough to move the needle?
When are our ACCT’s in basketball, baseball and others going to Cali or Dallas?

What the SEC and Big Ten are doing is against the laws of the USA. Too bad the ACC is so pussified right now. A dumb country lawyer could win a case against this.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Whatever self serving measures the SEC and B1G divise to further enrich themselves will ultimately require a majority vote of NCAA D1 schools. Vote against the measures and invite them to go it alone in their partnership. Then refuse to play against them in any sport.

Whatever self serving measures the SEC and B1G divise to further enrich themselves will ultimately require a majority vote of NCAA D1 schools. Vote against the measures and invite them to go it alone in their partnership. Then refuse to play against them in any sport.

Yep. Let them twist in the wind and play with themselves. ;)

Back