• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

This was never about schools leaving. They have no where to go. The SEC doesn’t want or need any ACC schools. The Big 10 may want a UNC or UVa but not at what it would cost to get them.
This has always been about trying to get a bigger share of revenue for the bigger schools/brands.
It may change in 7 or 13 years but for now the ACC will stay as it is.

Our alums put us in this position. We should have invested in men’s basketball for the last 6 decades. We didn’t.

We have lost with 7 straight Coaches. The fault was ours.

Your. Act. Is. So. Fucking. Tired.

You wanted to hire Wes Miller to be our head coach when he was an assistant at High Point. You lack credibility.

Heres’s the strategy for your Magnolia Lague circle jerk. Pay Vandy and SEC an share for 10 years to give the league legitimacy.

Why don’t we just increase our prestige with the SEC so that they will pick us up?

I don't really want to feed the troll, but Duke has obviously invested in basketball as much as anybody and they are in the same boat as us. Football drives everything with a side of how big your TV market is. We could have multiple national championships in hoops over the years and still be in the same spot. Ambulance chaser is talking out of his ass per usual.

Last edited:
oh, sure.
So, we decrease the number of people we admit and then hire more renown faculty with the decrease in tuition money.

It's a bold strategy, Cotton.
We won’t need tuition when we’re making $100,000,000+ per year on the SEC.

UCONN and Duke are in a lot better position than us. Just watch.

At least Currie is cussing and screaming at Boo and other ADs. He’s the opposite of almost every Wake alum I know. He fights hard. We need that right now. Wellman would have been angling for another job. Currie is burning bridges fighting for his alma mater.

So like everyone else. If Apple or Google or Elon Musk decided they wanted to start their own college football conference with exclusive TV rights and they wanted to outbid Disney/ESPN and FOX, Georgia, Ohio State, or whoever would leave in a heartbeat to follow the money.
The LIV golf of college football is coming. . . . smh

Or just look at UConn.
If you swapped UK for say WVU, they wouldn’t be particularly valuable out of the Big 12. Certainly not much more valuable than WVU is. Also no one is breaking down doors to get Kansas.

UCONN and Duke are in a lot better position than us. Just watch.

At least Currie is cussing and screaming at Boo and other ADs. He’s the opposite of almost every Wake alum I know. He fights hard. We need that right now. Wellman would have been angling for another job. Currie is burning bridges fighting for his alma mater.
lol

I think a lot of hopes were put into the idea of ND eventually joining the ACC, but they have used everyone that ever thought they had an inside shot at getting them to give up being an independent.

If this link was posted earlier, my apologies. With all the earlier discussion and also about the insane numbers broadcasters like ESPN will be paying you may be interested in reading the following article.

Back