• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

A friend of mine at Miami said USF to the ACC is being mentioned behind closed doors.
Wouldn’t be a bad choice. Selfishly I’d love it. Mike Kelly has been dreaming about that for a couple years.

Need some new facilities. Weather though is undefeated.

ACCN carriage rates in CA and TX plus getting a 10:30 or 11:00 EST game some weeks should be a nice boon. I hope the ACC gets a good chunk of that increase.

I pitched a Pac-10/ACC network many years ago about when the Big Ten Network started. Crazy this is how it will happen.
I wonder if they regret doing a channel for each team, or area. Rather than just 1 channel like the rest of us. Also will it be called ACC after dark?

Also, has anyone checked in on ole Bill Walton to see if he is ok? Losing the "Conference of Champions" must be rough on him.

A friend of mine at Miami said USF to the ACC is being mentioned behind closed doors.
Are USF and UCF that different when it comes to actual eyeballs? I know UCF is gigantic and has had a few good years, but if they help the Big 12 then I have to imagine USF is a decent investment.

UCF and USF were pretty similar until about 15 years ago. Some consultants recommended UCF increase undergraduate enrollment and USF keep enrollment stable and focus on research. Now UCF has the 2nd largest enrollment in the country (among universities) and USF has become more selective with AAU status.

Neither has eyeballs comparable to UF, FSU, or Miami or as proud and loyal of alumni as FAMU. But USF (1956) and UCF (1963) with football programs that have only been 1-A/FBS for 20 or so years, so they're steadily growing fan support and alumni. Both schools have a strong local brand in growing cities.

Last edited:
Big 12 has GOR modeled after the ACC . It’s just not as long as the ACC’s. No teams are leaving the Big 12 until it expires

Napa wine tours sure are a long way from Omaha jello shots. I guess the thing about Wake fans is that they can fit in well in either environment.
Wake Forest: #2 in jello shots, #1 in wine* tours and hearts!

(*unranked among cheese crowd)

Grab Rice to be SMU's partner and ACC is practically on par with Ivy League in academics. Rice football is woof though.

Back