• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

Jh totally misreading a situation? No way!
The Big 10 paid $58.8M per school.
The ACC is paying around $40M per school.

Your plan was to make that gap...permanent, but cut it by $3M for a handful of years and then quickly phase that out to zero. Incredible.

If this is going to hasten the demise of the conference why did the schools who want the conference to fail vote against it?
I'm with you; I can't wait to see the Deacs at Moody and Ford. And per Pete Thamel, the ACC wants to use Dallas as a neutral venue for non-revenue sport conference games to minimize cross country travel.
I have seen the Deacs play at Moody. They have renovated since then. We toured the campus before a Mavs game earlier this year. Moody is nice.

Also, Wake-Stanford baseball in Dallas? Please.

The Big 10 paid $58.8M per school.
The ACC is paying around $40M per school.

Your plan was to make that gap...permanent, but cut it by $3M for a handful of years and then quickly phase that out to zero. Incredible.

Our plan, you nitwit, is to sustain WF's inclusion in a viable ACC for as long as possible.

Your plan, as stated here, is for other schools to leave the ACC, crippling it and leaving WF to fend for itself, ultimately earning far less than $40 million per year. Somehow you seem surprised that WF fans don't like your plan. Now THAT is incredible.

Seriously No one expected the Acc to catch up to even the number 2 spot in money… we needed to solidify third and protect ourselves should the traitors in our conference act on it.
Seeing FSU , UNC, and Clemson for who they are is useful information for the future.

Our plan, you nitwit, is to sustain WF's inclusion in a viable ACC for as long as possible.

Your plan, as stated here, is for other schools to leave the ACC, crippling it and leaving WF to fend for itself, ultimately earning far less than $40 million per year. Somehow you seem surprised that WF fans don't like your plan. Now THAT is incredible.
Wake could agree to an unequal revenue share (beyond tweaks to the margins) in exchange for a long term future. Wake has a lot more options in a viable ACC than as a refugee in 2036.
FSU and Clemson want out badly. The sec doesn't want them. Restructuring the ACC is better for the teams that survive, especially if we booted Pitt, Syracuse, BC. That alone would add more to the per team payouts than adding these three. I wish Wake has said, "we want a good thirty year deal instead of a great 13 year deal."

Seriously No one expected the Acc to catch up to even the number 2 spot in money… we needed to solidify third and protect ourselves should the traitors in our conference act on it.
Seeing FSU , UNC, and Clemson for who they are is useful information for the future.
Well said. Now win some football games.

If the SEC doesn't want FSU and Clemson it seems to me like the ACC has way more leverage than you're giving them credit for.

Also if anybody starts getting the boot on contraction you'd better believe Wake, one of the lowest interest media teams in the P5, is one of the first to go. I'd imagine most ACC teams wouldn't feel very comfortable/safe if contraction talks came up since there are only a small handful of teams who would say "oh yeah I'm totally safe."

That's about all I'll say on the matter. "The ACC should have voluntarily contracted" is one of the dumbest things that's come up on the expansion thread and damn that's saying something

Wake could agree to an unequal revenue share (beyond tweaks to the margins) in exchange for a long term future. Wake has a lot more options in a viable ACC than as a refugee in 2036.
FSU and Clemson want out badly. The sec doesn't want them. Restructuring the ACC is better for the teams that survive, especially if we booted Pitt, Syracuse, BC. That alone would add more to the per team payouts than adding these three. I wish Wake has said, "we want a good thirty year deal instead of a great 13 year deal."

here in the real world, there is no scenario in which we can boot Pitt, Syracuse, BC and remain an 11-team ACC. It can't happen. And if teams leave the ACC to form a new league, WF in all likelihood would not be invited. No need to discuss furhter because you aren't dealing in reality.

Clemson is trying to strike while they’re hot. It’s all too easy to see them collapsing back into the irrelevant school they were for what, 40 years? I hope they all get Nebraska’d into oblivion.

There shouldn't be an unequal revenue share. That never works. Just give some de minimis performance based incentives for winning the ACC Championship, making the NCAA college football playoffs, bowl games, NCAA tournament, etc.
Besides the one that Wake just voted for 9 hours ago?

Sad heel should blame the abandonment of OK St, Wazzou, and Oregon St.

That had to inform NCSU's "switch in time that saved nine" times two.

If anything you know that this was the right move because it has that dumb fuck jhmd in such a tizzy.
Yep. Those upset with the adds to the ACC are the ones that wanted the ACC dissolve and hoped WF would get the Wazzu and Oregon State treatment. Too bad so sad for those folks.

BTW, maybe WF will finally beat Stanford in soccer now.

If this is going to hasten the demise of the conference why did the schools who want the conference to fail vote against it?

I have seen the Deacs play at Moody. They have renovated since then. We toured the campus before a Mavs game earlier this year. Moody is nice.

Also, Wake-Stanford baseball in Dallas? Please.
Me too. Moody is a gem. They did a great job on the renovations.

Back