• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Expansion: Stanford, California and SMU Join the ACC

no way I would have guessed that the median 10-year salary was over $100k for every one of the top 228 universities

It is largely a bang for your buck analysis 10 years out. And that obviously does not account for where alums live 10 years out, much less their favored career paths.

Looks to be the cheaper the tuition cost, the better.

Wake stands no chance in this ranking.

for some reason seeing it written out/referred to as California is weird. it's just Cal or Berkeley.

Understanding all of this is fluid, what does this scheduling model look like for football? 9 game conference schedule? Do you still keep a primary opponent? Do you go back to divisions?

Understanding all of this is fluid, what does this scheduling model look like for football? 9 game conference schedule? Do you still keep a primary opponent? Do you go back to divisions?

Pods?? We should know soon.

But there's an uneven number of teams now at 17. I'm not sure how pods would work. Or divisions. Or Pacific teams in an Atlantic Conference. Or Bitcoin. Or Law School tiers. I'm getting old.

My best guess is 2-6-6-2:
Two rivals
Six teams home-away in four years
Six other teams home-away in four years
Don't play two teams

And then switch those up every four years. Stanford/Cal/SMU would be each others' rivals. I could go through and take a rival away from each current team. Most likely we'd see:

UNC: State and Duke
State: UNC and Clemson
Duke: State and UNC
Wake: VT and Duke

whatever screws Wake the most and has us play the other NC teams the least. that's the model.

we'll probably get Pitt as a rival so we finally get that game in Pittsburgh.

Two rivals
Don't play two teams

And then switch those up every four years. Stanford/Cal/SMU would be each others' rivals. I could go through and take a rival away from each current team. Most likely we'd see:

Can someone explain how Duke/State is a more traditional conference rivalry than WF/State?

IIRC, not only is WF v. State the longest running (played every year) football series in NC, and perhaps in the ACC; IIRC, it's one of the longest in the country. I get that Duke/UNC is a thing, but when was Duke/State ever a thing?

Can someone explain how Duke/State is a more traditional conference rivalry than WF/State?

IIRC, not only is WF v. State the longest running (played every year) football series in NC, and perhaps in the ACC; IIRC, it's one of the longest in the country. I get that Duke/UNC is a thing, but when was Duke/State ever a thing?

no one can explain that, other than to point out that the ACC has already prioritized Duke/State over Wake/State

I suspect State bought into this as they are tired of losing games in Winston-Salem and believe they can have a homefield advantage in Durham. This may prove to be incorrect as long as Elko is there; we shall see

But there's an uneven number of teams now at 17. I'm not sure how pods would work. Or divisions. Or Pacific teams in an Atlantic Conference. Or Bitcoin. Or Law School tiers. I'm getting old.
Surprise UConn entrance to round it out at 18!

Two rivals
Don't play two teams

But what about UNC-UVa? Apparently it is supposed to be some kind of big deal.

Back