• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Consolidated Bracketology Thread 3/12/23 updates

Exactly fuck em all. Duke and UNC no explanation needed. ND shit as team and their half assed ACC affiliation plus all the dumb catholic rubes that just latch onto anything ND, throw in that Biff like manlet Rudy and no shot at cheering for them. VT and their shit ass fans, never forget counterfeiting tickets so yeah fuck them. Miami might be alright but they beat us twice so yeah screw all the ACC teams in the tournament, I hope they all lose the first round.

Exactly fuck em all. Duke and UNC no explanation needed. ND shit as team and their half assed ACC affiliation plus all the dumb catholic rubes that just latch onto anything ND, throw in that Biff like manlet Rudy and no shot at cheering for them. VT and their shit ass fans, never forget counterfeiting tickets so yeah fuck them. Miami might be alright but they beat us twice so yeah screw all the ACC teams in the tournament, I hope they all lose the first round.

This, I will casually watch the tourney and end up pulling for a feel good underdog story. The rest of the ACC can go fuck themselves.

re: next year's schedule, Forbes comments on this a bit here:

Les Johns 247

Forbes: Last 3 years WF had 10-12 Quad 1 opportunities in the ACC; this year we had 4. Tough to discern how many we will have within the league next year.

The OOC will improve next year, but we are locked into some contracts for some buy games that we are trying to get out of. We are locked into an MTE which is a bad MTE (he is referring to the Jamaica Classic, originally scheduled for 2020 but pushed to 2022, which as of right now features WF, Missouri State, UMass, and 5 teams TBD. Barf)

We hope to get some neutral-site games against top 50 teams. It is hard to get a top 30 team to come in here. Will use an outside consultant to help with scheduling.

Last edited:
I totally forgot Danny signed us up for the Jamaica Classic right before he got canned. The other two teams they have listed (besides us) are….UMass and Missouri State. Holy crap that is bad.

Outside consultant? Doesn’t ESPN setup these matchups?

Sad that it’s tough to get a home and home with a ranked team.

Outside consultant? Doesn’t ESPN setup these matchups?

Sad that it’s tough to get a home and home with a ranked team.

ESPN does not set the WF OOC schedule. We will use a consultant to help us with this.

Have no choice on B1G challenge and appear to be locked into Manning's Jamaica trip.

ESPN does not set the WF OOC schedule. We will use a consultant to help us with this.

Have no choice on B1G challenge and appear to be locked into Manning's Jamaica trip.

I mean, we'll get a better draw in the B1G challenge and the tournaments are fine as long as we actually win the games.

Right. Can’t complain about Oregon State when a Quad 1 win over LSU was right there.

It would be nice if our kids could win a tournament any tournament.

I mean, we'll get a better draw in the B1G challenge and the tournaments are fine as long as we actually win the games.

I disagree with you, and luckily, so does Forbes, so we will play better schedules in the future.

I disagree with you, and luckily, so does Forbes, so we will play better schedules in the future.

what do you disagree with? i'm just saying that the B1G challenge and tournament slates we're locked into shouldn't hurt us in the future now that we'll draw a better B1G team than Northwestern (and have a team better equipped to win the championship game, e.g., this year's loss to LSU)

(you come off as a weirdly aggressive dude, just fyi)

I totally forgot Danny signed us up for the Jamaica Classic right before he got canned. The other two teams they have listed (besides us) are….UMass and Missouri State. Holy crap that is bad.

Not necessarily. Missouri State actually was good this year, KP#63, their coach seems to have them on the up.

UMass yeah they've sucked, but from what I've gathered their AD is going to be ambitious with their hire. Kinda hard to believe someone like Archie Miller would go there, but if they grab somebody like Bryant's coach they could turn things around quick

Honestly, I don't like depending on MTEs to get quality major conference wins. Maybe I'm old school, but I'd rather just play home-and-homes. In this day and age playing an MTE a year and 20 conference games, teams just need just one major conference home-and-home (SEC or Big East) and one mid-major (Davidson or Richmond) to replace the duds on the schedule.

Hopefully something will come out of this Big Ten-P12-ACC alliance, seems a perfect use for it. Games against some P12 teams would be cool and different

In this day and age playing an MTE a year and 20 conference games, teams just need just one major conference home-and-home (SEC or Big East) and one mid-major (Davidson or Richmond) to replace the duds on the schedule.

yep

i mean, we should just play the good schools in our backyard

even scheduling furman this year would have been a boost (ironically, richmond probably wouldn't have helped us much)

eta: really, we just have to quit playing so many low majors. they'll never help our OOC numbers, even if they end up being okay (which they rarely ever do)

That would be cool but I don't see much coming out of it for football much less basketball. Developing some Big East and SEC rivalries would be more fun. Play some drivable SEC schools (Tennessee again, Vandy, Georgia, SC) and get back to playing Xavier and throw in Georgetown and Villanova.

I don't see any reason to play a low major outside of NC. NC has plenty of low-major schools with alumni who will show up and they won't demand a home and home (although I wouldn't mind giving one to J Gray at WCU or to UNC-G or A&T at the Coliseum). Helping in-state low major programs helps Wake and helps the state.

Last edited:
what do you disagree with? i'm just saying that the B1G challenge and tournament slates we're locked into shouldn't hurt us in the future now that we'll draw a better B1G team than Northwestern (and have a team better equipped to win the championship game, e.g., this year's loss to LSU)

(you come off as a weirdly aggressive dude, just fyi)

for next year, I'm not excited about a tournament field of Missouri St, UMass, and 5 teams TBD (UNCG was rumored to be in it; not sure if they will be or not; they are not the same team post-Miller). Not excited that Manning left that as a parting gift for Forbes.

In the 3-year history of the Jamaica tournament, here is who has played there (I am subbing in KP ratings for NET ratings as they are easier to sort):

Quad 1: 13% of teams (one per year)
Quad 2: 13%
Quad 3: 39%
Quad 4: 35%

Looks like WF (hopefully!) may be the Quad 1 team next year. Potentially that tournament could burn three OOC games and give us zero opportunities for a Q1 win. I presume we have to play a certain number of home games to pay bills, and Forbes says it's hard to get top teams to come to the Joel. I'll take his word for it. That means creating a quality schedule for next year may be a challenge.

and yeah, I've posted here and elsewhere that Davidson, Richmond and Furman should all be strongly considered.

not into getting into pissing matches on the boards. Life is too short. Maybe we'll have an adult beverage at a WF game sometime. Hopefully not in Jamaica.

Last edited:
Back