• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conspiracy Theories

I haven't read this thread all the way through but in my limited reading I was hoping at some point a doctor who knows more than me would chime in and explain how talking about a universal cancer "cure" displays some pretty solid ignorance of what causes cancer and the diversity in the types.

Every time I see someone post that there's a "cure" for cancer, but the government won't allow it because Big Pharma would make less money off a straight up cure on Facebook, it makes me want to punch a hole right in my computer screen. There's so much goddamned stupid in those posts it's staggering.

BTT with all the crazy Sandy Hook Crap out there, about parent’s acting about murdered children

BTT with all the crazy Sandy Hook Crap out there, about parent’s acting about murdered children

I posted about this in the CT but I watched part of a video "exposing" Sandy Hook that was the most reaching, pathetic, poorly done POS maybe on all of YouTube. It wasn't just bad because of how delusional it was. It could have been a video about something logical and still been a POS.

Yes this is the new thing going around facebook.

Bumping this thread as I read about MKUltra today in another book I'm reading. Weird, wild stuff.

The "Clinton Death List" and the "Mysterious Death of Vince Foster" and Mena Airport, etc. There was an entire cottage industry of Clinton conspiracy theorists.

The man who exposed the Mai Lai massacre and Abu Ghraib tortures, Investigative journalist Seymour Hersh, recently had this to say about the Navy Seals killing of Osama Bin Laden: "Nothing's been done about that story, it's one big lie, not one word of it is true"

http://www.theguardian.com/media/media-blog/2013/sep/27/seymour-hersh-obama-nsa-american-media

What does he think happened? Bin Laden long dead, puppet of US, or still alive? All 3 seem outrageous because the Taliban would go public and make US look stupid.

Bumping this thread as I read about MKUltra today in another book I'm reading. Weird, wild stuff.

Although a lot survived Richard Helms ordered the destruction of all MK Ultra files. There's no telling what nefarious stuff they were up to.
French bread spiked with LSD in CIA experiment
A 50-year mystery over the 'cursed bread' of Pont-Saint-Esprit, which left residents suffering hallucinations, has been solved after a writer discovered the US had spiked the bread with LSD as part of an experiment.
In 1951, a quiet, picturesque village in southern France was suddenly and mysteriously struck down with mass insanity and hallucinations. At least five people died, dozens were interned in asylums and hundreds afflicted.

For decades it was assumed that the local bread had been unwittingly poisoned with a psychedelic mould. Now, however, an American investigative journalist has uncovered evidence suggesting the CIA peppered local food with the hallucinogenic drug LSD as part of a mind control experiment at the height of the Cold War.

The mystery of Le Pain Maudit (Cursed Bread) still haunts the inhabitants of Pont-Saint-Esprit, in the Gard, southeast France.

On August 16, 1951, the inhabitants were suddenly racked with frightful hallucinations of terrifying beasts and fire.

One man tried to drown himself, screaming that his belly was being eaten by snakes. An 11-year-old tried to strangle his grandmother. Another man shouted: "I am a plane", before jumping out of a second-floor window, breaking his legs. He then got up and carried on for 50 yards. Another saw his heart escaping through his feet and begged a doctor to put it back. Many were taken to the local asylum in strait jackets.
Mr Albarelli came across CIA documents while investigating the suspicious suicide of Frank Olson, a biochemist working for the SOD who fell from a 13th floor window two years after the Cursed Bread incident. One note transcribes a conversation between a CIA agent and a Sandoz official who mentions the "secret of Pont-Saint-Esprit" and explains that it was not "at all" caused by mould but by diethylamide, the D in LSD.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/7415082/French-bread-spiked-with-LSD-in-CIA-experiment.html

Just watched this thing on Netflix about TWA Flight 800. Thoughts? The government definitely shot it down right?

Whoa. From the Wikipedia link...

Theodore Kaczynski, also known as the Unabomber, was among the twenty-two Harvard undergraduates used as a guinea pig in ethically questionable experiments conducted at Harvard by Henry Murray. In the experiment each student received a code name. Theodore John Kaczynski, who later became known as Unabomber, was given the code name "Lawful". Among other purposes, Murray's experiments was focused on measuring people's reaction under extreme stress. The unwitting undergraduates were submitted to what Murray himself called "vehement, sweeping and personally abusive" attacks. Assaults to their egos, cherished ideas and beliefs were the vehicle used to cause high levels of stress and distress to Murray's unwitting guinea pigs.

These experiments were conducted at Harvard University from the fall of 1959 through the spring of 1962.[78] and were part of the CIA-sponsored MKUltra experiments. During World War II, Henry Murray, the lead researcher in the Harvard experiments, served with the Office of Strategic Services (OSS), which was a forerunner of the CIA. Murray applied for a grant funded by the United States Navy, and his Harvard stress experiments strongly resembled those run by the OSS.[78] Beginning at the age of 16, when he had just started his undergraduate program at Harvard, Kaczynski participated along with 21 other undergraduate students in Murray's experiments, which have been described as "disturbing" and "ethically indefensible."

Just watched this thing on Netflix about TWA Flight 800. Thoughts? The government definitely shot it down right?

hah saw this thread bumped and came here to post this. Seemed like the FBI was doing sketchy shit

That's the problem with the documentary, which is compelling in presenting the case that there was a cover-up. It simply doesn't present any case for what really happened? Terrorists? Government? The 3 missiles would indicate that it's too organized for terrorists. The question then becomes why would the government shoot down the plane? I mean, was Osama bin Laden on it? Apparently not.

I remember when this happened. I was living in the DC area and would pick up a copy of the Washington Times every day to read during lunch. They were all about the Clinton conspiracy theories, from Mena to Ron Brown to TWA 800. As a kid in his 20s not completely jaded by politics at that point, I soaked that shit up like a sponge, yet I can't recall any viable explanations on the government shooting it down. Maybe a training exercise gone wrong?

When this whole MH370 thing started, someone on here made a post comparing it to TWA800. Upon reading that post, I remember thinking that this Malaysia Airlines thing is bad, but TWA800 was some next-level shit. Thank you kindly for affirming my beliefs.

My dad works for one of the major local news stations in the NYC/LI area, and he saw and heard some crazy stuff that never made it on air. I guess you can take that for whatever you think it's worth.

Back