• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Convince me to stay"

There are ways to get insider info without having to rely on the AD's scraps. There are plenty of students who can get info and Wake is so small, word of mouth goes a long way.

There are ways to get insider info without having to rely on the AD's scraps. There are plenty of students who can get info and Wake is so small, word of mouth goes a long way.

The foundation of our model. Well said.

:doofusbatsignal

Don't post their Premium info on here. We have our own insiders. They swear they aren't as close to the programs as Deman and some of the others, but judging by their performance this past week, I respectfully disagree.

Posting particular responses on this issue that happen to be on Premium seems to be fall in a gray area of their TOS. So I don't see this thread as an issue.

Further, this is a microcosm of why Scout's running a failing business model. Rountree broke his commitment news on Twitter - something that is available to anyone with an Internet connection. We live in an information age, and controlling/packaging messages is simply a relic of the past. We're not some e-revolutionaries over here, either - independent sports boards have been filling this vacuum for years now. It just took a perfect storm of Wellman/[Redacted]/Scout becoming an AD pawn to bring it out in the WF community.

I used the Rountree commit as an example of unacceptable "inside" information. It was on the free board less than 5 minutes later.

The people that think it is just cursing and insulting the coaching staffs are just incorrect. I think it is clear that they have not been over here. Of course there is more of a "Buzzout" slant over here, because that's what the pulse of the fan base is.

I am not necessarily "BuzzOut", because I think that we should give him some more time before we jump all over him. I do agree that this was completely unacceptable regardless of the circumstances, and to not take any accountability at all for that is also unacceptable for all sides.

I do believe you're taking my comment the wrong way. My point is that I don't want to post something from there over here and be facing an intellectual property suit. I don't want anyone else falling prey either.

I do believe you're taking my comment the wrong way. My point is that I don't want to post something from there over here and be facing an intellectual property suit. I don't want anyone else falling prey either.

I was 100% refering to the scout board and not you. my bad on the misunderstanding

Recruiting info is going to be the toughest to get on here.

Premium doesn't have anything about coach searches, inside info on teams, etc. that students, bloggers, or just anyone who's interested couldn't find out if they wanted to and did a little research.

I agree with this. Nobody should post info that is gotten from insider over there. If you feel like you can't do that, then you should probably stop paying for premium over there. We don't need to steal the information from over there.

My concern is whether this board will be able to attract and retain insiders due to this board's frontal assault on the AD. Where the inside information is, even if it's just a little bit, is where the bulk of the posters go.

This is why the mods on this board are looking to protect the identity of anybody that provides information here.

This is why the mods on this board are looking to protect the identity of anybody that provides information here.

yep.

I'll say this - we've had MORE people reach out to us since we launched. There's more discontent and willingness "to share" in Winston than I thought, from the outside looking in.

Again, I doubt we'll be able to compete directly w/ DS in terms of insider info. But if we're able to provide just 10% of what they have, and offer it for free on a superior platform in an open environment, I like our chances in the long-run.

Back