• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Convince me to stay"

My concern is whether this board will be able to attract and retain insiders due to this board's frontal assault on the AD. Where the inside information is, even if it's just a little bit, is where the bulk of the posters go.

I'm just curious. I have never subscribed to premium because I always thought that information in the internet age would get out. Could you use an old example of "inside" info from the AD that was not otherwise know shortly thereafter.

If recruiting information is the draw of scout premium, then they are in big trouble.

And the idea that you have to PM people to get inside information is laughable. Isn't that why you sign up for premium so you don't have to PM people to get inside information?

If recruiting information is the draw of scout premium, then they are in big trouble.

And the idea that you have to PM people to get inside information is laughable. Isn't that why you sign up for premium so you don't have to PM people to get inside information?

The whole thing is pathetic.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Bunch of adult diaper wearers and face painting basement dwellers who couldn't get laid if they paid for it.

Come to think of it, for what they're paying for premium, they are getting fucked.

Well it is a good thing I pay super premium here

I gots info on all you fools

I agree with the board founders here that the Scout model is a relic of the past, run by folks who don't understand the internet and how information will be distributed in the coming decades. The idea that you pay a few bucks a month for scraps of often incorrect information that you then have to promise not to share with people who don't pay a few bucks a month is completely non-sensical today. Ten or 15 years ago they may have been on to something, but not in the age of Twitter, Facebook, blogs, etc. It's the same reason why virtually every newspaper has scrapped efforts to develop paywalls. You can't control it.

Add in the fact Wake is a small place, and there are plenty of people willing to share what they know, and the Scout model will be completely dead within a couple of years. The only reason it's still around today is because there are a few douches over there who enjoy knowing something others don't, and in a way lording that information over others, even if it's only information about what 17 year old boys may or may not do. Pretty inconsequential stuff in the grand scheme of things, really. That and some people just simply don't like, or are threatened by, change.

This board may or may not be the straw that breaks the camel's back for Scout. It's too early to tell, but this place is off to a good start.

I'm just curious. I have never subscribed to premium because I always thought that information in the internet age would get out. Could you use an old example of "inside" info from the AD that was not otherwise know shortly thereafter.

Oh I'm sure there's been stuff, but not something I ever really kept track of per se. Scout Premium does have benefits, mostly the discussions are MUCH more agreeae and people close to the program provide some fairly candid analysis.

Some things are better left unsaid in public.

Depends on what you consider "public". Premium costs $8 a month. Any idiot can sign up for it, including journalists who cover the school. The information on there is not private.

Depends on what you consider "public". Premium costs $8 a month. Any idiot can sign up for it, including journalists who cover the school. The information on there is not private.

In all honesty, it's not worth the $8 either. That is not said to denigrate the people that work hard to provide information.

In all honesty, it's not worth the $8 either. That is not said to denigrate the people that work hard to provide information.

The real benefit is that sensible people like Chrispy post there far more frequently. That, and you get some candid discussion and less conspiracy theories.

Recruiting info is out there in public for people that work hard to find it.

The real benefit is that sensible people like Chrispy post there far more frequently. That, and you get some candid discussion and less conspiracy theories.

Recruiting info is out there in public for people that work hard to find it.

You love you some Chrispy.

I'd rather eat rocks than pay $8 a month to talk to people who have sensible opinions. You hang out here long enough, you'll find the exact same thing.

OK, but then people who purchase premium should admit they're doing so because they want to be more selective about who they communicate with, and are paying to keep out folks with whom they disagree. What's funny is that's pretty much the circle-jerk those folks were saying this place would be.

OK, but then people who purchase premium should admit they're doing so because they want to be more selective about who they communicate with, and are paying to keep out folks with whom they disagree. What's funny is that's pretty much the circle-jerk those folks were saying this place would be.

Agree to a point. But I'm not a member to avoid those I disagree with, it's to avoid the knee jerk crazies.

The hero worship of Chrispy is a bit much, and I think he is a great poster.

The hero worship of Chrispy is a bit much, and I think he is a great poster.

There aren't many great posters, though dozens of prolific ones. Arlington, Sey Hey, Chrispy, and Baby Deac come to mind for great sports posts.

Yep, I just used Chrispy as an example since he was first to come to mind. I'd throw Pilchard in as well.

Hero worship is a bit much. No one thinks he's a hero. He just crafts particularly good posts to shut up people with particularly bad opinions.

Back