• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Convince me to stay"

I wonder if the mods that banned Deacvision7 and IrishSlim had a do-over if they would have handled them differently?

I'm not so sure...DV7 was going pretty wild for a while.

I didn't mean premium. There are some things that the fanbase just doesn't need to know about for a number of reasons. For example, James Wilson may have been a Deac if reports about his possible transfer to Wake didn't surface when they did.

Let's rephrase it.

For example, James Wilson may have been a Deac if a few posters with some insider information that should have been kept inside for legit reasons didn't tease it to make themselves feel superior to the peons.

The problem isn't what we don't know. It's what is teased. It's like paying for a whore and getting a lap dance.

Didn't we lose Devon Downey to South Carolina because of the same sort of thing?

Didn't we lose Devon Downey to South Carolina because of the same sort of thing?

I heard that was because a Wake assistant coach started recruiting Downey too early. I think that coach was Tim Fuller and he subsequently left our staff. He's at Louisville now.

They accused us of tampering and barred his transfer to Wake Forest. May have been because we actually did contact him too early or were at least perceived to have been tampering because his name got out.

I heard that was because a Wake assistant coach started recruiting Downey too early. I think that coach was Tim Fuller and he subsequently left our staff. He's at Louisville now.

Working hard to get Woods.

They accused us of tampering and barred his transfer to Wake Forest. May have been because we actually did contact him too early or were at least perceived to have been tampering because his name got out.

Good point. That's the fault of people giving out information (coaching staff and insiders), not the people who want the information.

Good point. That's the fault of people giving out information (coaching staff and insiders), not the people who want the information.

Not really blaming anyone. Of course fans want to know who we're recruiting or who might transfer into the program but giving that info out can actually cause our program real harm in some situations.

I said that I've received more "inside info" over here in the past 3 days than I have on premium in the past 3 months.
I then said that what I've heard over here regarding the behind the scenes happenings during the coaching search were never discussed on premium. People are telling me I could have found stuff out if I would PM more.

I thought Packpride's premium was a little weak, but that's just pathetic

Not really blaming anyone. Of course fans want to know who we're recruiting or who might transfer into the program but giving that info out can actually cause our program real harm in some situations.

The idea that our coaches are giving people info and saying, "But don't post it on the boards" and then getting mad when the info gets posted is comical.

I said that I've received more "inside info" over here in the past 3 days than I have on premium in the past 3 months.
I then said that what I've heard over here regarding the behind the scenes happenings during the coaching search were never discussed on premium. People are telling me I could have found stuff out if I would PM more.

link to the thread on here talking about the coaching search, please? :D

The idea that our coaches are giving people info and saying, "But don't post it on the boards" and then getting mad when the info gets posted is comical.

I imagine the request is don't post it on the board until such and such happens like the kid requesting to be released. The fact that has caused problems for both football and basketball is why the staffs are more tightlipped with info than they used to be.

The reason for teasing the fans with info like a transfer but not giving the name is to placate the fans that are demanding why the staff isn't addressing whatever perceived need the team has be it rebounding or three point shooting a few years ago.

After reading those, I think I'm going to be sick. :tear:

I think the list is fine (except for #5), but the actual results are not. It was silly to waste time on Smith if they weren't willing to spend big bucks; I really would have thought Alford would have shown more interest, and it was borderline incompetent to let Brownell walk over assistants.

I imagine the request is don't post it on the board until such and such happens like the kid requesting to be released. The fact that has caused problems for both football and basketball is why the staffs are more tightlipped with info than they used to be.

The reason for teasing the fans with info like a transfer but not giving the name is to placate the fans that are demanding why the staff isn't addressing whatever perceived need the team has be it rebounding or three point shooting a few years ago.

I'm sure it is the request. But the coaches should have the judgment to know they're putting their own work in danger if that's the case.

It's just silly to blame the fans in those situations.

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214
http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237

If the posts on those two threads are combined then this is the order
1. Stevens
2. Smith
3. Alford
4. Brownell (reached negotiations)
5. [Redacted]

Billy Donovan is another name that's been bandied about - but I'd put him right there with Tubby, in the "No Wai, we don't have the $" category.

Also don't understand the jump from Brownell to [Redacted]. It seems like 3 or 4 rungs on the proverbial ladder are missing.

Back