• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus: How's It Affecting Your Work/Income?

Coronavirus: How's it affecting your work/income

• I am working and being paid as mostly as before.

Votes: 36 39.1%
  • I am working a lot more from home with same or nearly same pay.

Votes: 41 44.6%
  • My salary/income has been or is likely to be cut but I think my work/business will survive.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • I’ve lost or expect to lose my job/my business is going under.

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
...which is sad, because I truly was/am interested to see the various effects people are feeling - especially on a university board, where we're presumably all college educated.

Wrong again. I asked to get rid of it saying it doesn't matter.

I'm sorry but this is not factually correct. You had repeated conniption fits over being negrepped, also about the actual numeric value of your rep.

Because I know it doesn't matter what I say or do with assholes like you. NEVER, not once have you EVER been civil. EVERY time you blame others for your actions.

But you are too arrogant and stupid to see that. It's NEVER your fault.

I take full responsibility for being an asshole towards those act like assholes like you. If you and your brethren stop acting this way, the board will be much better off.

I can stop right now, but you refuse and blame me. It's you who doesn't take responsibility.

Trump or RJ?

I am working much harder but for the same pay

I responded without reading the thread. I thought it was a good topic. I had no idea the greatness it would contain with a full on alzy+alcy rage sesh from RJ.

in my head i imagine trump reading rj’s posts

This board would be a much better place if everyone put rj on ignore. If nobody responds to his posts, he can't derail threads.

I tried to put rj on ignore but the ignore feature on this software is bad

everyone has to do it. like social distancing.

I'm going to work every day, but am forced to work from my vehicle outside the station. I can use a live truck, which we have rigged with an ethernet cable to help with the show editing if there is little news to chase. I'm happy to be working, but our overtime is gone for the time being. For me, that is sports and politics...this time of year, a minimum of 10 overtime hours a week. That is a hit to the paycheck.

My company has frozen annual raises for one year, eliminated bonuses and there is a TBD amount of salary cut coming for senior employees.

For me personally, I was literally our first remote non-sales employee 17 years ago and have worked that way ever since. I was already cutting way back on my travel responsibilities the last couple years and I'm hoping that aspect remains the same going forward.

So we’re going to see some deflation, right?

That could be a help...but only if to a limited degree...yes?

I was fortunate to get several new cases in early March, so I have been busier than usual. Working 100% from home and doing things like case analyses, motion practice, and written discovery (where possible). All depositions have been pushed into May/June, so when things open back up, it’s going to be super busy.

One thing I have learned in all of this is that working from home works for me. Saves 30-45 mins a day on commute, shower every other day, no wasted time on bullshit water cooler talk, and gym clothes to work. I’m going to try to continue working from home as much as possible from here on out.

I hope it becomes standard. People who want to work from home and can do it effectively shouldn’t be dragged into some office.

My company has frozen annual raises for one year, eliminated bonuses and there is a TBD amount of salary cut coming for senior employees.

For me personally, I was literally our first remote non-sales employee 17 years ago and have worked that way ever since. I was already cutting way back on my travel responsibilities the last couple years and I'm hoping that aspect remains the same going forward.

How much of your weekly travel work could be accomplished remotely?

Quick scan of google results for “Coronavirus deflation” suggests some concerns for both inflation and deflation. Initial deflationary pressures and later inflationary ones may dominate.

I think we’ll just have to see.

Back