• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its crazy that people really dont grasp the concept of temporal associated factors. States decide ok everyone can go to a crowded bar, people get infected, there is no set timepoint but assume averages you are looking at onset of symptom in 5 days, you wait to get tested two days or so and its now a week since infection. Your results come back in 2 days and are then reported on the following day or two. So its been 9-11 days since infection. If you are sick enough you go to the hospital at now almost two weeks since infection, you have a bad outcome and enter the ICU, possible death average 3 weeks since infection.

This is if you ever were sick enough to show symptoms, you were young and less at risk that's why you were at the bar. You got infected but its asymptomatic or very mild, you see your parents the following weekend, you infected them and everything above is shifted another week. The things that are reported now are from choices made at the beginning of June everything is a lagging indicator. Its a huge mess because by the time you realize there is a problem you are 2-3 weeks too late and will need to overcome that just to get back to the beginning. So if you change policies now look towards the middle of July for relief.

If you can’t celebrate and gloat before the games over then what’s the point of anything? Measured nuance is for sissies, winners gloat when it’s 7-0 in the first quarter.

Its crazy that people really dont grasp the concept of temporal associated factors. States decide ok everyone can go to a crowded bar, people get infected, there is no set timepoint but assume averages you are looking at onset of symptom in 5 days, you wait to get tested two days or so and its now a week since infection. Your results come back in 2 days and are then reported on the following day or two. So its been 9-11 days since infection. If you are sick enough you go to the hospital at now almost two weeks since infection, you have a bad outcome and enter the ICU, possible death average 3 weeks since infection.

This is if you ever were sick enough to show symptoms, you were young and less at risk that's why you were at the bar. You got infected but its asymptomatic or very mild, you see your parents the following weekend, you infected them and everything above is shifted another week. The things that are reported now are from choices made at the beginning of June everything is a lagging indicator. Its a huge mess because by the time you realize there is a problem you are 2-3 weeks too late and will need to overcome that just to get back to the beginning. So if you change policies now look towards the middle of July for relief.

But New York is worse than Florida, right? I mean that’s obvious to any MENSA member.

Republicans, or so-called conservatives, don’t know stuff with great pride.

And long ago decided it’s far easier and to destroy the efforts of and chide them damned do-gooder libruls than to understand or do anything decent themselves.

I'm always on your side, bro, but it seems to me like you want them to conform to your personal ideas of taste and style. But then again I'm hella fit and get regular pedicures so I'm a delight to view in my airport attire.

or just have some taste and style. Nylon shorts and flip flops and oversized printed Tshirts and sports jerseys is no way to go through life, or an airport. There is some weird notion now in America that if you expect a higher standard out of people you are judgmental or sweating the small stuff. hell I don;t know wear whatever you want rednecks

or just have some taste and style. Nylon shorts and flip flops and oversized printed Tshirts and sports jerseys is no way to go through life, or an airport. There is some weird notion now in America that if you expect a higher standard out of people you are judgmental or sweating the small stuff. hell I don;t know wear whatever you want rednecks

I think the key here is just make sure you are sitting in economy + or better. You fly all the time right, you should be able to upgrade your way out of the rube section.

Also good to know you are an expert on taste and fashion. I will come to you for all future fashion advice, especially stylish travel ware.

i'm a little more hip than some, but I rock All Birds for travel footware when I can.

Big game weekends my ass is in a jersey tho. Also know tons of affluent young people that rock jerseys. Seems to be a divisive topic with the borings and the pearl clutchers firmly against. People that like to have a good time and or party are strongly in favor.

I think the key here is just make sure you are sitting in economy + or better. You fly all the time right, you should be able to upgrade your way out of the rube section.

Also good to know you are an expert on taste and fashion. I will come to you for all future fashion advice, especially stylish travel ware.

i'm a little more hip than some, but I rock All Birds for travel footware when I can.

Big game weekends my ass is in a jersey tho. Also know tons of affluent young people that rock jerseys. Seems to be a divisive topic with the borings and the pearl clutchers firmly against. People that like to have a good time and or party are strongly in favor.

I'm happy to help.

I don't like to party and have fun? :dumb:

The best way to ramp up testing would be randomized pools of samples. It's not as easy as it sounds because you need to tweak the testing assay so that it works with the additive effect of more and more non-specific and inhibitory junk. It also will only work as long as the percentage positive test results remains low. If a state is at 20+% percentage positive there might not be a need to pool samples because a pool of 5 samples will statistically speaking be positive. In states where the rate is 5% it seems like a great idea and that way you can try to get ahead of things for once and prevent those states from taking off.

with a sense of humor like yours, who needs intellect amiright my man?

tenor.gif

Coronavirus / Worse than RJKarl's Breath !!! (Not Really)

Obviously there's exceptions. Are you anti jersey on game day?

If you’re not at the game, or on the way to game, wearing a jersey makes you look like a child playing dress up.

Obviously there's exceptions. Are you anti jersey on game day?

man, I'm just an old guy rustling jimmies, don't pay me any attention. I think it's a funny bit to rag on the super casual and/or careless way a large majority of people dress nowadays. I'm old and when I flew as a kid everyone intentionally dressed up a little bit, tried to look nice, thats just how it was. Times have changed and I'm trolling on it. Ive got tigerswood all mad at me too. I'm really sorry

That said, I had a guy working for me back in NC who on Fridays wore a Cam Newton jersey, shorts, and flip flops to work and sat in meetings and worked in group settings and it struck me that he looked out of place and just not good dressed that way in that setting. As his boss and friend I told him in a professional way that while he technically wasn't in violation of the dress code, he looked unprofessional and his attire took away from his accomplishments and hard work. He got all upset and said I was being uncool and a square or whatever like you are saying, but I was just trying to help the guy out. He looked stupid, I don't know what else to say. Since that encounter I have really noticed the way people dress in certain settings, and wondered are they putting their best forward or are they losing respect and credibility just to either 1) be lazy about their attire, or 2) to wear something they think is cool at home or with friends or when they were a kid but in the entirely wrong setting. But nowadays pointing out the "dress down" culture gets you labeled as uncool or lame or boring. I'm not, I'm really fucking cool man I promise. I like cool stuff and having fun is my number one favorite thing no doubt, yo! I have a Tim Duncan WF jersey that I wear sometimes when I play basketball with my friends or when I mow the lawn. I have an Iron Maiden Number of the Beast shirt I got at the concert last year that I wear around my house, and a couple of Grateful Dead tees that I have had for years. See im fun

man, I'm just an old guy rustling jimmies, don't pay me any attention. I think it's a funny bit to rag on the super casual and/or careless way a large majority of people dress nowadays. I'm old and when I flew as a kid everyone intentionally dressed up a little bit, tried to look nice, thats just how it was. Times have changed and I'm trolling on it. Ive got tigerswood all mad at me too. I'm really sorry

That said, I had a guy working for me back in NC who on Fridays wore a Cam Newton jersey, shorts, and flip flops to work and sat in meetings and worked in group settings and it struck me that he looked out of place and just not good dressed that way in that setting. As his boss and friend I told him in a professional way that while he technically wasn't in violation of the dress code, he looked unprofessional and his attire took away from his accomplishments and hard work. He got all upset and said I was being uncool and a square or whatever like you are saying, but I was just trying to help the guy out. He looked stupid, I don't know what else to say. Since that encounter I have really noticed the way people dress in certain settings, and wondered are they putting their best forward or are they losing respect and credibility just to either 1) be lazy about their attire, or 2) to wear something they think is cool at home or with friends or when they were a kid but in the entirely wrong setting. But nowadays pointing out the "dress down" culture gets you labeled as uncool or lame or boring. I'm not, I'm really fucking cool man I promise. I like cool stuff and having fun is my number one favorite thing no doubt, yo! I have a Tim Duncan WF jersey that I wear sometimes when I play basketball with my friends or when I mow the lawn. I have an Iron Maiden Number of the Beast shirt I got at the concert last year that I wear around my house, and a couple of Grateful Dead tees that I have had for years. See im fun

i have a Tim Duncan WF jersey too haha.

Just work in a hospital so you can wear scrubs and a t-shirt every day. Working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back