• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deaths per day in Florida and Texas are dropping so that’s good news I guess. It seems like the the timing between case spikes and now should have the death rate peaking about nowish. Hopefully that trend continues, but who knows?

Deaths per day in Florida and Texas are dropping so that’s good news I guess. It seems like the the timing between case spikes and now should have the death rate peaking about nowish. Hopefully that trend continues, but who knows?

Da fuq?

Are you using a single day of reporting (on a weekend, no less) to determine a trend?

How in the world is this 'dropping'?

ZznhvP8.jpg

I was thinking the same. I thought I recalled 3 consecutive days of high number of deaths in Florida this week. I must have missed something. I went to look for the good news. Nope.

The rube is strong in whatamount.

257 deaths in Florida on Friday. Down from a previous peak of 216 on Wednesday...oh wait.

Weird... maybe I was looking at the wrong chart this morning or something?

Oh well... more bad news.

Weird... maybe I was looking at the wrong chart this morning or something?

Oh well... more bad news.

There were 62 deaths reported yesterday. Yes that’s low. But I feel like every few weeks I have to remind you that there are fewer reports on the weekend. Given that last week had a day over 250, the Tuesday and Wednesday report will probably make up the difference and we will see a day over 300 next week. Florida deaths are over 7000.

Last edited:
There were 62 deaths reported yesterday. Yes that’s low. But I feel like every few weeks I have to remind you that there are fewer reports on the weekend. Given that last week had a day over 250, the Tuesday and Wednesday report will probably make up the difference and we will see a day over 300 next week. Florida deaths are over 7000.

Where are you seeing 62? Google is saying there were 179 COVID deaths in Florida on August 1st.

Florida deaths by date of death also showing the lag to reporting time

Eeb0gwKVAAAF-yl

note that because this graphic shows deaths by date of death, and illustrates the lag in reporting, one shouldn't simply look at the rightmost part of the chart and conclude deaths are declining

of course due to the lag in reporting there will always appear to be a decline in a chart showing date of death; catamount may have found a version of this somewhere

@zorinaq has been putting out some pretty good analysis of Florida IFR and predicted deaths and is worth a view

All that says is more of this week’s deaths will be reported next week.

Translation - kids have zero self discipline and he didn't socially distance and rubbed his eyes for minutes on end after touching a bunch of covid laden surfaces.

Translation of your translation, opening schools and universities is going to be a COVID disaster.

Translation of your translation, opening schools and universities is going to be a COVID disaster.

Yup. I appreciate all of the planning that our local schools are doing, but at the end of the day, I think they're gonna bag in person classes. At least with college it's mostly kids with other kids, and profs can distance themselves. My sister feels much safer with my 20 year old niece at college than having her at home. But el-hi kids are bringing home the virus to many at risk folks. One of my friends, for example, has 2 teens and an 82 year old mom on oxygen living with them.

Goddamn. My entire work schedule is dependent upon the health of 2 people, and everytime one of them has multiple symptoms I miss a couple days of work at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back