• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pop, you have a chance to make a real difference. The latest poll shows Jaime Harrison in a statistical tie with Lindsey Graham. Even a close race there would be a sign the GOP needs to change.

https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article244709757.html

This is what I was getting at, Pop.

Also, here's Biden's plan for combating COIVD: https://joebiden.com/beat-covid19/#

You see full well the disaster the current admin has let happen (among a thousand other things), so I'm not sure what you have to lose by voting Dem at this point. There's literally nowhere to go but up.

Well if Biden can’t solve Covid on day 1 what’s the point?

How many people does a party make for you? You cool under 10?

Also, young people are less likely to have or be a part of traditional families. For a lot of young people their close friends and group become their "family", you wouldn't judge someone for spending time with family, don't hate on young people spending time with people that they are close with.

But...you had covid! You actually had covid and you say this...

a much higher % of the protesters were wearing masks than those people at the local Cracker Barrel. that's important

Did the rubes at the local Cracker Barrel rob and assault the clerk behind the cash register in the general store and set fire to all of the rocking chairs???

That's important

Did the rubes at the local Cracker Barrel rob and assault the clerk behind the cash register in the general store and set fire to all of the rocking chairs???

That's important

Does every protester, for whatever cause, rob and assault the clerk behind the cash register? I do want to see exactly how you put the vastness of humanity into a vortex and spit out the smallest data-point to describe every protester. good to see your true colors, oops, didn't mean to open that Pandora's box of racism and hatred from deep inside you. I think we all understand your views on these issues and your limitations in life.

that's important

...and if they’re not members of your household then these gatherings are potential spread events.

Same as why people with families should generally not be mingling with extended family that don’t live in their homes.

Your original post reads like a denial of the risks/“it won’t happen to me”

That's important

Finally a reason to go to racist-ass Cracker Barrel

...and if they’re not members of your household then these gatherings are potential spread events.

Same as why people with families should generally not be mingling with extended family that don’t live in their homes.

Your original post reads like a denial of the risks/“it won’t happen to me”

So if you live alone you should be in isolation for the next year? I don't really see anything wrong with keeping a close social connections, especially if you are at low risk for serious complications.

Not advocating for parties or anything.

we've spent way more time with the 3 or 4 families with kids/friends of my daughter than either my or my wife's family since March. just made more logistical and social sense to pod-up with friends than family

So if you live alone you should be in isolation for the next year? I don't really see anything wrong with keeping a close social connections, especially if you are at low risk for serious complications.

Not advocating for parties or anything.

No, I’m not saying isolation but I’d advocate precautions like the same social distanced, preferably outdoor interactions like we’d have in our normal lives.

we've spent way more time with the 3 or 4 families with kids/friends of my daughter than either my or my wife's family since March. just made more logistical and social sense to pod-up with friends than family

SUPER SPREADER!@!!!11!!

How do you sleep at night?

Or the pod-like approach with similarly isolating families like ITC mentioned.

Just about minimizing connection points, not a complicated concept

We're talking about podding up with a few families who are working from home and social distancing as well. Problem is we're also thinking about asking my parents to come down and help with e-learning. We don't feel comfortable doing both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back