• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a big deal in that by the time most people get it I think that it will be properly vetted since enough time will have passed. Obviously still extremely accelerated in comparison to the normal path but not a here take this vaccine, trust us it works, pandemic over before the election vaccine.

Not a big deal in that by the time most people get it I think that it will be properly vetted since enough time will have passed. Obviously still extremely accelerated in comparison to the normal path but not a here take this vaccine, trust us it works, pandemic over before the election vaccine.

The NPR stories that I’ve listened to recently are saying that the vaccine is likely to continue to evolve over the first few years. That the first one approved may not give full immunity (ie it helps reduce the severity of infections) and it may only work in 60% of cases. But, given the speed at which this is being developed that is a pretty reasonable goal. We also won’t know how long it works and we may find out a year after it’s first release that 2 doses are required.

People often interpret that kind of uncertainty to mean that scientists don’t know what they are doing. But the goal of science, in this case at least, is to reduce the uncertainties that affect epidemiological management as quickly as possible. The uncertainties that will remain when the vaccination first roles out will be about subsequent decisions, not whether the vaccine provides some benefit that out weigh the possible negatives. Most people just can’t handle uncertainty or don’t understand it.

The NPR stories that I’ve listened to recently are saying that the vaccine is likely to continue to evolve over the first few years. That the first one approved may not give full immunity (ie it helps reduce the severity of infections) and it may only work in 60% of cases. But, given the speed at which this is being developed that is a pretty reasonable goal. We also won’t know how long it works and we may find out a year after it’s first release that 2 doses are required.

People often interpret that kind of uncertainty to mean that scientists don’t know what they are doing. But the goal of science, in this case at least, is to reduce the uncertainties that affect epidemiological management as quickly as possible. The uncertainties that will remain when the vaccination first roles out will be about subsequent decisions, not whether the vaccine provides some benefit that out weigh the possible negatives. Most people just can’t handle uncertainty or don’t understand it.

Sounds like you're saying you can't fit the entire GPS tracker and autism in with one vaccination?

Oh boy, sounds like a guy at Sturgis had C-19 and "was able to transmit the virus while attending the massive Sturgis Motorcycle Rally (460,000 vehicles)."

stupid people

Oh boy, sounds like a guy at Sturgis had C-19 and "was able to transmit the virus while attending the massive Sturgis Motorcycle Rally (460,000 vehicles)."

stupid people

Well, sure. With hundreds of thousands of people there, chances were good that at least one person would have it based on numbers alone. Then when adding the likely precautions that a person attending a massive public event would (or would not) be taking...

Why do I feel like anyone that went to Sturgis was also, being extra dumb on purpose while there to own the libs just a little extra?

That vaccine number goes up significantly if Biden is elected. People will trust that vaccine coming from the Biden administration after the election than the Trump administration before the election.

I guess that explains why he won't allow any mask ordinances.

come on now. There's nothing criminal about owning the libs.

Also, objectifying sombrero wearing coeds is perfectly normal.

Wait... when did rising star Gov Stacey Abrams lose?

EFh0XxHU8AEIa5F.jpg

White House takes away authority from the FDA to regulate Covid tests. Get your unproven home test today!

Remember when people were asking how many deaths it would take to get Republicans to turn?

How many deaths from Ebola were acceptable? Whatever helps the party.

How many deaths from gun violence are acceptable? Whatever helps the party.

How many deaths in Benghazi were acceptable? Whatever helps the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back