• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the best thing that could happen here is that Trump gets really sick for about 2-3 weeks then recovers and finally starts taking this fucking thing seriously.

Already dreading the "this is the moment he became President" coverage.

I hope his fucking head is splitting and he feels absolutely miserable and shits himself in his bed a few times at the very least

If someone’s death would lead to a greater good for most people... is it morally wrong to root for their death?

Going to need a ruling on this one. If you paid $250K for a philosophy degree, this is your time!

Somebody didn’t read 12/22/63.

Just shows you’re a hypocrite because you make fun of other people for being too sensitive.

How’s this for your delicate little ears. It would be a net positive for the country if Trump died.

It doesn't offend me to my core that Brasky wished death on someone. I'm stating that it's amoral to wish death upon another human being.

Your statement is perfectly fine - it's a value judgment on Trump's presidency and I can take it for that. You're not wishing it happens, you're just saying the outcome. I'd point out that your statement wouldn't really lose impact if you typed, "It would be a net positive for the country is Trump steps down because of getting sick."

You can call me gay, late for dinner, or whatever. Words matter, but I get to chose how they impact me. However, actively wishing death on someone reflects on a person's character - it's not that the statement offends me personally, but it's just a reflection of bad character.

My feefees and your feefees don't come into it.

It doesn't offend me to my core that Brasky wished death on someone. I'm stating that it's amoral to wish death upon another human being.

Your statement is perfectly fine - it's a value judgment on Trump's presidency and I can take it for that. You're not wishing it happens, you're just saying the outcome. I'd point out that your statement wouldn't really lose impact if you typed, "It would be a net positive for the country is Trump steps down because of getting sick."

You can call me gay, late for dinner, or whatever. Words matter, but I get to chose how they impact me. However, actively wishing death on someone reflects on a person's character - it's not that the statement offends me personally, but it's just a reflection of bad character.

My feefees and your feefees don't come into it.

your feefees are totally coming into it

If someone’s death would lead to a greater good for most people... is it morally wrong to root for their death?

Going to need a ruling on this one. If you paid $250K for a philosophy degree, this is your time!

You rooting for their death has no ability to impact the outcome you seek. It just reflects on your character.

DF09 brought up Hitler. Hitler is a perfect example of, "just wishing death on someone won't kill them." Hundreds of thousands of people probably wished death on Hitler, but it was the fight and his subsequent failure that got him.

Why is this hard for you guys?

because you're not really saying anything except you're offended that people don't give a fuck about Trump

unless you believe in a metaphysical power that allows brasky to kill trump because he said we'd be better off

My actual point was actually that Trump isn't really deserving of empathy I reserve for most human beings because he has shown time and time again how bereft he is of humanity.

To be fair, I also got a history degree.

It's pretty gay that you can't tell the difference between a joke and someone sincerely wishing death on another human. Your momma should have handed down her sense of humor; she was as adept at taking a joke as she was taking a dick.

Trump is *directly* responsible for the deaths of conservatively thousands of Americans. The world and our country would be much better off without him. If nature and fate decide that it’s his time to go, that’s excellent.

unless you believe in a metaphysical power that allows brasky to kill trump because he said we'd be better off

My request that Brasky reflect on his character has a chance of causing the action that I wrote/requested. I wrote words that hope to create a non-physical response.

Brasky wishing death on the president has zero chance of causing the wish.

My actual point was actually that Trump isn't really deserving of empathy I reserve for most human beings because he has shown time and time again how bereft he is of humanity.

Again, this is way better than, "I hope X dies."

Seems like this makes it hard for Trump to avoid two big talking points:

1. You say things are getting better, yet you, your wife, and a bunch of you aides just got it. It's clearly not getting better.

2. With all of the resources available, you can't even protect yourself. How the hell can you be expected to protect the country?

But at the end of the day, can we all agree he is a hero? He has risked his life to bring back Big 10 football!

My request that Brasky reflect on his character has a chance of causing the action that I wrote/requested. I wrote words that hope to create a non-physical response.

Is it OK to not send thoughts and prayers?

Trump has nobody to blame but himself and his own hubris and avarice.

He made his bed and now he can sleep in it.

"you can call me gay... words matter"

I think you made a point you didn't mean to make

why?

Nice the trolley dilemma.

Scenario A there is a trolley moving down the tracks headed for a group of trapped people consisting of Donkey Doug, ITC, MDMH, Brasky, and Mako, you can divert the trolley and on the other track is a trapped Trump, what do you do?

Scenario B there is a trolley moving down the tracks headed for a group of trapped people consisting of Trump, ITC, MDMH, Brasky, and Mako, you can divert the trolley and on the other track is a trapped Donkey Doug, what do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back