• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you built a moat around your house yet?

BTW, tickets in the area we had lunch at Keeneland are going for $705 for the Breeders Cup.

Yes there is. The virus is foreign. Our enemies deliberately brought it to America to harm us. Retribution must come swiftly so no one ever again thinks they can mess with the United States without risking God's own wrath.

The Trump rubes will eat it up. Just watch, in the coming weeks, we are going to attack someone and then Trump wil........oh shit. He already did.

True, but I was vigorously assured just the other day that not all Republicans hate foreigners and immigrants. Surely Trump & Company would not play on the fears and prejudices of these fine folks for their own political benefit.

Amazing self-own by Greg Fenves, University of Texas president, explaining why he suddenly and unexpectedly ordered today's classes cancelled this morning at 7am:

"We took this action because the first case of COVID-19 (coronavirus) within our UT community was confirmed this morning.

It is difficult for me to write this because the person who tested positive is my wife Carmel. And a second member of my family (who works at UT) is presumed to have COVID-19 as well. I have now been tested for the virus, and the three of us are in self-isolation."

idiots doing idiot things.

also it's so great how the richer and less normal-American you are, the more likely you are to just be given a test.

That's actually a good take. Add in that Trump also has Andrew Jackson's bigotry towards various minority groups, hatred of elites and experts, and tendency to rash and reckless decisions, and it's the Trump trifecta.

Front page of the Charlotte Observer says there's only 3 test kits available in Meck County. Fucking ridiculous. 1M people in the county.

Good insurance/bad insurance/no insurance isn't going to make a difference in a couple of weeks. If we get to Italy-levels, treatment decisions will be made to prioritize the young and sacrifice the old.

Sure, those with good insurance might pay less later if they make it, but it's not going to determine who lives and dies.

You have more faith in the fairness of our healthcare system than I do. Rich people ain’t getting denied care.

My mom thinks no one has died from it because they haven’t released the names.

When’s this fucker gonna talk to help assuage my fears?

Ohio had 5 cases as of yesterday - all closer to Cleveland. 4 people just tested positive for it in Cincinnati.

And my sister texted me that one of her employees in Columbus tested positive for it today. This is obviously out there a lot more than people realize. And the spreading rate posted from the Department of Health is probably accurate. It may double every 6 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back