• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Coronavirus !!! Very Political Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that Kemp basically said his suit is pro-economy and the mask ordinances were anti-economy. Because of course, nothing is better for the economy than restaurants and stores having to close for multiple days while spending $5K plus to do a professional deep clean of their premises when employees come down with the virus. But on the other hand, he strongly "encourages" people to wear masks and says that mask wearing "is effective." So the only conclusion I can come to is that he is just a stupid redneck.

Age is not the sole indicator of buffoonery. Brian Kemp is 57 and he’s a total idiot.

Im begging to think that Kemp doesn't care about my safety.

It's like Republicans saw the list of potential VP nominees and had a meeting and said, "OK Tucker, we need you to mess with Tammy Duckworth on the week of July 6. Brian, are you free the next week? You've got Keisha Lance Bottoms."

I see that Kemp basically said his suit is pro-economy and the mask ordinances were anti-economy. Because of course, nothing is better for the economy than restaurants and stores having to close for multiple days while spending $5K plus to do a professional deep clean of their premises when employees come down with the virus. But on the other hand, he strongly "encourages" people to wear masks and says that mask wearing "is effective." So the only conclusion I can come to is that he is just a stupid redneck.

That's the crazy part to me. If he doesn't believe masks work, then why encourage people to wear them? If he does believe they work, then why not either implement a state wide measure or, at a minimum, not block the local measures?

Even if this is purely a political decision, I'm not sure how he thinks this will make him look good. For the people who hate masks, they'll be annoyed that he encouraged people to wear them. Everyone else just thinks he couldn't care less about their health. Lucky for him, he's not up for reelection any time soon.

Republicans have with hard work over time crafted an environment where their leaders are able to stoke passion amongst their base without having to make any sense at all.

Nice.

Other Georgia cities have mask orders. It's about Keisha Lance Bottoms. (And the fact that she went on TV and said that Trump violated the law by not wearing a mask in the city.)

Other Georgia cities have mask orders. It's about Keisha Lance Bottoms. (And the fact that she went on TV and said that Trump violated the law by not wearing a mask in the city.)

His executive order preempted all of the local mask ordinances, not just Atlanta's. Or at least he tried to. We'll see how it shakes out in the courts, but I imagine he'll win.

Savannah's mayor has said he's ignoring the executive order for now though.

How the fuck can elected leaders actively work against keeping the public safe during a deadly pandemic? The GOP has really gone beyond any comprehension. I wish JH would post one last time to explain the lesson of 2016 cause I am simply not smart enough to understand the GOP.

From WRAL's story about the lawsuit: The lawsuit was filed “on behalf of business owners, their employees and hardworking Georgians throughout the region who continue to struggle to make ends meet,” Kemp said.

“Mayor Bottoms’ mask mandate cannot be enforced, but her decision to shutter businesses and undermine economic growth is devastating,” Kemp said.

Got a rare positive update from a local infectious disease expert. The 7 day new cases have gone flat in the county over the last three weeks since the mask ordinance went into place. He thinks it will peak in about 3-4 weeks and we will be in a decline in September. It supports starting school online for the first 9 weeks then reevaluating.

We had 75K new cases nationally yesterday. We're soon going to be topping 100K per day at this rate.

Don’t care if you use this to make any money or not & not plugging anything. Just trying to show you a way to make a shit ton of money mainly because of Covid for the next few quarters. Will get back to you though when it hits $10 in the fall.

OPK. Check on this one again before it rockets thru $5. Getting ready to be announced their BioReference Labs has gotten the contract for the NFL to go along with the MLS & the NBA. Jumped up .57 on Friday to $4.60 on 27 million shares & up another .19 after hours. Just trying to help you guys that love capitalism make some money here on a little drug stock that is doing a shit ton of Covid tests--was 40,000 per day @ $100 each & now geared up to do 90,000 per day as ALL the labs in the U.S. are reaching their capacities. They are also doing even more than that on the antibody testing side of things!

You might have missed the YUGE news that Trump is actively working to limit testing because COVID is a hoax out to destroy him.

Fuuuuuuck. Things are getting very bad in Texas. This is a twitter thread about the abhorrent conditions in a Texas/Mexico border city where the Covid cases are being sent to a hospice converted into a makeshift hospital, inorder to keep the main hospital "clean" (as to keep performing elective procedures and making profit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back