• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Could Childress be HC someday?

Does anyone even know if he wants a job that keeps him on the road and away from his family after living a similar life in Europe for many years already?

Most players (see Joe Bryant and many others) take their families to Europe with them. Once again you show you don't have aclue what yo uare talknig about.

Most players (see Joe Bryant and many others) take their families to Europe with them. Once again you show you don't have aclue what yo uare talknig about.

Taking the family to Europe does not equal never travels without them. Considering how much you boast about what others don't know, when's the last time you spoke with Chill? How about one of our current players? From what source does your omniscient information come?

Do they not have away games in Europe?

It's not at all like the OP on this subject made. his fam ily WAS with him not left behind.

In Europe they don't play 100+ game seasons (preseason, regular season and playoffs) like they do here.

I didn't say a damn thing about leaving his family in the states. You read as well as you type. Once again, you make a rjkarl of yourself.

In Europe they don't play 100+ game seasons (preseason, regular season and playoffs) like they do here.

In Europe, they also don't have the same travel budgets or pay scales, so I'd wager that families travel less with the players. And travel, from what I understand, is done more by bus/rail as opposed to air, which results in more time on the road.

That said, the life of a head coach would probably keep him on the road and away from his family even more than his basketball career did. I'll let him chime in if he wants, but at least one poster who has talked to Chill, came away with the feeling that he wasn't looking for a life on the road.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for rj to post an article, any article, where Childress claims to want to be a head coach, as rjkarl has repeatedly claimed to have been the case. I suspect that won't be happening, as rj just likes to talk out of his ass to make himself appear to be some big shot.

When Bz leaves, we need to start fresh with a whole new coach who brings in his own staff. Putting another Deacon great on this staff just makes that much more difficult.

If Childress wants to be a head coach, he can get on as an assistant somewhere and work his way up like everybody else.

I didn't say a damn thing about leaving his family in the states. You read as well as you type. Once again, you make a rjkarl of yourself.

In Europe, they also don't have the same travel budgets or pay scales, so families travel less with the players, and travel, from what I understand, is done more by bus/rail as opposed to air, which results in more time on the road.

That said, the life of a head coach would probably keep him on the road and away from his family even more than his basketball career did. I'll let him chime in if he wants, but at least one poster who has talked to Chill, came away with the feeling that he wasn't looking for a life on the road.

families RARELY travel with players or coachs in the NBA or college coaches.

families RARELY travel with players or coachs in the NBA or college coaches.

I never indicated any differently. But nice job picking that out of my reply as the one thing you reply to. :golfclap:

Could Childress be HC... 01-20-2012 12:17 PM I had left you alone in rep. In spite of all your ignorance-RJ

Ha. Is that some sort of negrep threat? :eek:hnoes::willynilly:

Last edited:
I will say, I have been extremely surprised and impressed by Childress as an analyst when he does the ESPN3 games. He is a total natural. I was expecting something more like Ricky Proehl and Chuck Ramsey, but Childress is great.

I'm still waiting for rj to post an article, any article, where Childress claims to want to be a head coach, as rjkarl has repeatedly claimed to have been the case. I suspect that won't be happening, as rj just likes to talk out of his ass to make himself appear to be some big shot.

In case he has you on ignore...

I never indicated any differently. But nice job picking that out of my reply as the one thing you reply to. :golfclap:

Could Childress be HC... 01-20-2012 12:17 PM I had left you alone in rep. In spite of all your ignorance-RJ

Ha. Is that some sort of negrep threat? :eek:hnoes::willynilly:

This is what yo usaid:

"so families travel less with the players, and travel, from what I understand, is done more by bus/rail as opposed to air, which results in more time on the road."

Families DON'T travel less in Europe than they do in the US. Vurtually NO famileis travel with NBa players. to be less it would be zero.

Secondly, because the season in Europe is MUCH shorter thna in the US, here ISN'T "more time on the road".

If you knew ANYTHING about basketball, you'd know this.

YES, I gave you neg rep. I shoudl have many times before. Your ignorance and stalking deserves it every time I am able to do so, but I haven't.

QUOTE=Say Hey Deac;535699]I will say, I have been extremely surprised and impressed by Childress as an analyst when he does the ESPN3 games. He is a total natural. I was expecting something more like Ricky Proehl and Chuck Ramsey, but Childress is great.[/QUOTE]

I :heart: Chill.

While Chill doesn't have the head coach resume most of us would hope for, I have to say I wouldn't be altogether devastated to see Chill dubbed our HC(unlike how I felt when I heard about Bzzzz's hire.) Part of me would be curious to see if he just might be able to pull it off...I mean, he's a legend for a reason, right?

SOMEbody's missed the whole point of Racer's comment. We get it, Racer. Move on.

Ther's no sense copying anything DV7 says. I won't respond to him or anything he asks.

Back