• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Country Dan's Version of the Debacle @ Clemson

For the record, I didn't compare CMM and Madison to Ish and Teague. Simply stated next year will be the first time we've had 2 capable non freshman-PGs since those two.

I also think putting Washington on the passer wasn't a terrible idea. He was more likely to get lost trying to guard a man than standing in front of the passer. Refs missed a 5 sec call and probably an illegal screen, but still, that shouldn't have happened. I don't disapprove of a tall and long player guarding the inbounder. It just didn't work.

I think Devin will average 10 pts and 9 boards the rest of the season. He's starting to look very comfortable out there. I thought he got jobbed on several of those foul calls and that won't happen every game.

Just rewatched it - they were obviously supposed to switch all screens and it was Chase that left CJ out to dry. CJ's look back at him was pretty telling. Of course, a defensive set that leaves those two defending Booker is probably a bad move. Then again, it doesn't take much for even a small guy to prevent an alley-oop - Chase just wandered off.

Really want to see us beat down VA Tech after that one.

Which games did you like watching our players play the most? Was it vs: Iona (L 94-68), Nebraska (L 79-63), the Seton Hall collapse, keeping it under 3 touchdowns against Duke AND Clemson? Or maybe our moral victories against UConn and A-10 power Richmond? Or our super bowl victories against perennial ACC powers Boston College and Virginia?

I've liked watching every game since the Nebraska game basically. Til Tuesday. I have liked watching our entire defense progress from awful to average. We have played the doubles very efficiently. Our on the ball defense has been much better specifically rountree and Madison. Liked watching devin grow into a rebounding force. Watching Travis and cj find their game. I have not had that moment where I jump up and scream 'why does that guy have a scholly'. Well, I think one chase turnover made me say that but I was still sitting down

Sorry to respond to your sarcasm with earnestness turd. Hope it's not a disappointment

I've liked watching every game since the Nebraska game basically. Til Tuesday. I have liked watching our entire defense progress from awful to average. We have played the doubles very efficiently. Our on the ball defense has been much better specifically rountree and Madison. Liked watching devin grow into a rebounding force. Watching Travis and cj find their game. I have not had that moment where I jump up and scream 'why does that guy have a scholly'. Well, I think one chase turnover made me say that but I was still sitting down

Sorry to respond to your sarcasm with earnestness turd. Hope it's not a disappointment

I'm a little disappointed but I'll live. It was a serious question masked in sarcasm, anyway. I think it points out different perspectives of being entertained by the game of basketball. I actually enjoyed watching the athletic, fast-paced teams of the Skip/Dino era. Sure we needed to fine-tune that for deeper post-season runs, but it sure was fun to win and beat good teams.

Basically, it is much easier for me to enjoy watching games when we win alot and beat other good teams. How you manage to find ways to enjoy watching us now with what everyone agrees is mediocre ACC talent at best is beyond me. I appreciate losing with style about as much as I enjoy losing with class.

Last edited:
I loved those teams too. I think our talent is better than you think. But mostly I just hated watching the last two years. We gave out some stupid schollys before bzd got here

I loved those teams too. I think our talent is better than you think. But mostly I just hated watching the last two years. We gave out some stupid schollys before bzd got here

I just don't see this at all. I think this is you reading to much into "like watching these guys." I like these guys too, but they are not top half ACC talent, and the ACC is not very good right now.

I usually look at who would get regular playing time for our good Wake teams from the past.

Only CJ and maybe Travis would start for any of our NCAA teams in the last 10 years. None of the freshmen would play more 10 minutes or so at the most.

Last edited:

Then why are you waiting for it to be mathematically impossible for us to win 18 games before you declare yourself buzz out? BTW, by my count the earliest we'll be eliminated from possibly winning 18 games is March 14 (since, technically, we could win 11 post season games if I'm counting right).

Because he actually believes this team could run the table and he wants to be on the right side of history if it happens.

I think the whole damn team is in denial. CJ said "we didn't attack the rim like we usually do". First of all, this team doesn't attack the rim. Secondly, I can think of 6 or 7 specific times when we did "attack" the rim, and Clemson smacked that shit to the cheerleaders. I know Madison Jones got at least 2 foolish layup attempts blocked. The problem is that our team is weak, small, and can't finish at the rim against a more athletic team.

+1

Because he actually believes this team could run the table and he wants to be on the right side of history if it happens.

You can be such a putz. I could see us getting to 15 wins end or season, winning a game in the ACC tournament and getting a bid to that silly tournament and winning a few games. That's how I see us possibly getting to 18. Would I put money on it? Christ no.

So you said that you wanted to wait until we were mathematically unable to win 18 games without taking into consideration that it wouldn't happen until the season was over.

And I'm the putz?

huh? i think historically team's records have included post season, but no, if we are at 10 wins with two games left in the regular season I am not going to factor in the possibility of an ACC tourney run NCAA tourney bid and 4+ wins there. Don't eat late night, pizza boy.

But if we're at 10 wins with 8 games left in the regular season, you're going to factor in the possibility of winning 8 straight games to finish out the season.

OK, that makes sense.

I just don't see this at all. I think this is you reading to much into "like watching these guys." I like these guys too, but they are not top half ACC talent, and the ACC is not very good right now.

Amen, brother. If bzz is still around next season, it could be really brutal.

Once Devin becomes the force offensively that he's on his way to becoming, CJ and Travis will become the reapers instead of the sewers.

I do hope that neither of them ever becomes a sewer, or even falls into one.

Last edited:
Back