• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID-19 Mafia - Its OFFICIAL - MAF WINS

You know Knight had a semi for like 75% of this game. Dude has to be crazy chafed right now.

alas gg all, i am still way better as civ than mafia but learning more every game

i don't blame mako for not following my leads but gooner so help me god bro

Reactions: tic
03 was playing much differently (I think anyway) this game. I think he’s a very insightful player - he just seemed to sit out posting the first 3 rounds.

my guess on this was that his power unlocked N3 so the Indy could have a head start. Tempting to try to go overly conservative until the power starts

I thought dv7 did a great job and despite his self deprecation, play well down the stretch to lead the charge, with some nice assists by rommy.

Didn't understand 2 of our kills: damo and sd3. I had been putting duff's name forward every round since night 2 or 3.

da did a great job as the indy but a piss poor job characterizing me.

gooner - all love brother. It's not your fault.

knight - this was the best game I've ever seen you play.

Reactions: tic
I thought dv7 did a great job and despite his self deprecation, play well down the stretch to lead the charge, with some nice assists by rommy.

Didn't understand 2 of our kills: damo and sd3. I had been putting duff's name forward every round since night 2 or 3.

Nothing but love parlay, was literally upset in indy chat when you rolled to die and everyone else lived.

Sorry about myself.

who was the person that was upset about Gooner faking chatzy /choose results? i found that shit hilarious

We discussed this a bit in dead chat, but I think it's worth bringing up here too since two of the worst culprits made it to the end game. Getting people to post is critical (bern, blue, etc.), but not shitclouding the thread if you're a civ is also critical.

There's a solid chunk of people who want to play but can't spend hours each day refreshing the thread and reading everything. If you're a civ and you post so much useless crap on days 1 and 2 that people basically give up rather than trying to read everything, that's just as big a problem as hiding. While you might personally be able to get better reads with mountains of posts, if it means that the rest of you civ team can't keep up with the flow of posts, that's a negative EV play. Turning the mafia thread into a pseudo chat thread is not helpful at all.

All that being said, for Da as the indy in this game, it's perfectly reasonably. He wants as much confusion as possible and he typically plays very talkative. Gooner I think could have toned it down, particularly earlier in the game.

tldr; there needs to be a happy medium between verbal diarrhea and hiding all game. Players should target both camps until play changes.

Also, I tried to soft claim my role because I was 100% positive that GAT wouldn't have made an indy role with an indy hunter that didn't have a vig hit to take out the indy hunter. I believed that once I revealed, I was dead and would be useless to the civs or mafia. Whoops.

We discussed this a bit in dead chat, but I think it's worth bringing up here too since two of the worst culprits made it to the end game. Getting people to post is critical (bern, blue, etc.), but not shitclouding the thread if you're a civ is also critical.

There's a solid chunk of people who want to play but can't spend hours each day refreshing the thread and reading everything. If you're a civ and you post so much useless crap on days 1 and 2 that people basically give up rather than trying to read everything, that's just as big a problem as hiding. While you might personally be able to get better reads with mountains of posts, if it means that the rest of you civ team can't keep up with the flow of posts, that's a negative EV play. Turning the mafia thread into a pseudo chat thread is not helpful at all.

All that being said, for Da as the indy in this game, it's perfectly reasonably. He wants as much confusion as possible and he typically plays very talkative. Gooner I think could have toned it down, particularly earlier in the game.

tldr; there needs to be a happy medium between verbal diarrhea and hiding all game. Players should target both camps until play changes.

I disagree with some of this, not all, but some. More posting is generally better.

Also, I thought you were a civ this game.

meh sour grapes. if you can't find the time to play don't play. you can skim the banter.

I also wasn't actually mad, but I figured I had to try something to get people to see I was serious. I thought if I flipped out, people would see it as more civ than mafia. That didn't work. At all.

meh sour grapes. if you can't find the time to play don't play. you can skim the banter.

Exactly the opposite. Not sour grapes at all.

I just think it's an important meta discussion. If people really disagree, that's fine. Mafia games can be played very differently. This is just my viewpoint, but it was shared by a few people in dead chat.

I posted a lot, probably too much. I will grant that.

Back