• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID-19 Mafia - Its OFFICIAL - MAF WINS

who was the person that was upset about Gooner faking chatzy /choose results? i found that shit hilarious

I ranted on him but I think someone else got tilted by that particular thing.

It's not gooner's fault. It's how he plays. I'd go away for 2 hours and return to 12 pages and my head would be spinning by the end of it.

also those people who shared your viewpoint should share it in the thread and not just be known as "a few people in dead chat"

all of the chatzy things were jokes from last game where I was using chatzy as a sidekick while modding

I definitely have been yelled at by my wife on more than one occasion over the last two weeks for reading and posting on the thread while I should've been doing something productive. Legit posted multiple times while riding the tractor.

beginning of day 6 or 7 -- like first post out of the gate he listed blue, bbd, and myself.

i remember telling the maf chat to chill because townie didn't have any coattails. (at least not yet, great deciphering townie, just nobody listened to you. you'll gain cred quickly, i feel)

because i own your soul (i dont)

you kept listing me but never investigated me. why?

i wish, but gonna take advantage of the game ending early and actually do work

I didn’t investigate you for a few reasons.

I felt stronger about redwing and parlay. numbers was getting more heat so I wanted to get info on him especially if he was the Indy. And it’s usually not hard to get a run going on you so I figured I could do it later.

Last edited:
meh sour grapes. if you can't find the time to play don't play. you can skim the banter.

It's not that simple for me. I don't just skim anything. Gooner has dickstepped during banter. I'm glad you can weed out which posts to pay attention to, I can't.

all of the chatzy things were jokes from last game where I was using chatzy as a sidekick while modding

You notice I had your back there. I was thinking, "He's asked Chatzy so many questions that he can do it without even being in Chatzy now."

meh sour grapes. if you can't find the time to play don't play. you can skim the banter.

To clarify my response on this. It's more of a question about how much time is a reasonable amount of time to play. That basically helps everyone if we have a better understanding.

If that means 30 minutes a day, 2 hours a day, or 5 hours a day, all could be reasonable. But it helps if everyone is on the same page. To pick two extremes, if Blue thinks it should be 30 minutes a day and Gooner thinks it should be 5 hours, it's hard for those to to play the same game even if both are playing in good faith.

There's a second issue about playing in good faith and whether Blue's play was great play, great play but in bad faith, terrible play with luck involved, etc. But that's a different topic.

And thanks to GAT and toogs for running it. I thought the mechanic was really interesting and a nice wrinkle to try to figure out.

It's not that simple for me. I don't just skim anything. Gooner has dickstepped during banter. I'm glad you can weed out which posts to pay attention to, I can't.

This. And if you don’t wait until you’ve caught up before you post, you could miss a claim, a dickstep, or even a majo.

I meant the all love when I said it. You know I'm generally #teamgooner but this one wore me out (and I've grown to despise being mafia)

I meant the all love when I said it. You know I'm generally #teamgooner but this one wore me out (and I've grown to despise being mafia)

I apologize to you. And only you.

tic - I have no idea how you sent that but hello and back at ya. You are missed brother. Good to see you. Sorry your run was so brief in this game.

To clarify my response on this. It's more of a question about how much time is a reasonable amount of time to play. That basically helps everyone if we have a better understanding.

If that means 30 minutes a day, 2 hours a day, or 5 hours a day, all could be reasonable. But it helps if everyone is on the same page. To pick two extremes, if Blue thinks it should be 30 minutes a day and Gooner thinks it should be 5 hours, it's hard for those to to play the same game even if both are playing in good faith.

There's a second issue about playing in good faith and whether Blue's play was great play, great play but in bad faith, terrible play with luck involved, etc. But that's a different topic.

On the good faith topic, all i will say on this is that the engagement level in the maf chad exceeded the engagement level in the thread itself for some. Some of that is natural as you work together to figure out a strategy, some of that is intentional. The intentional part is less than ideal.

so my buddies and i have been holding some online poker tournaments on pokerstars' free site (we venmo/zelle to the winner).

we play again tonight at 9pm Eastern

right now its looking like 5 min blinds and either 5k or 10k starting chips (tbd)

PM me if interested in joining. I'll take the risk of you joining and you not paying once (if you lose), as I'll cover your buy-in. But I will name and shame you here.

Right now Winner gets about 75% of pot, but that depends on numbers. Full payouts known before first cards dealt and you can back out, no hard feelings.

or just stop worrying about everyone else and play the game. vote for and try to get followers on your vote for the people you think are bad.

its not hard at all, IMO.

On the good faith topic, all i will say on this is that the engagement level in the maf chad exceeded the engagement level in the thread itself for some. Some of that is natural as you work together to figure out a strategy, some of that is intentional. The intentional part is less than ideal.

this i agree with

avoiding the thread just to avoid the thread and not try to say anything is a lame move. especially consistently.

I would say blue was consistent with both. I don't post in the thread just to post. I post when I have something to say. In chat, I like to try to talk thru other players roles and get thoughts. Rommy's reasoning on damo was that damo was on him hard. rommy wasn't seeing himself spiraling down the hole. That said, killing eaglez there may have saved rommy and pulled him out of his death spiral. I wish I said more. Thought I would make it back to discuss further but didn't.

fair enough

Hey, we won. Sweet. You're welcome.

Seriously, though, thanks for running the game GAT and Toogs. Sorry I wasn't more involved this time around. Just poor timing for my kid to forget how to sleep, and that threw my schedule way off.

Back