• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Good explanation why following epi it doesn’t make sense for boosters, also helps to show how Florida can be so fucked even with 50% of the population vaccinated.

https://slate.com/technology/2021/08/delta-variant-covid-masks-vaccines-boosters.html

The original nonvariant COVID-19 virus had an R0 of about 3, and we know from randomized controlled trials that the mRNA vaccines are about 95 percent effective at preventing severe death from the nonvariant virus.

What about non-severe death?

Misinformation and an attempted doxxing all wrapped up neatly in one tweet???

OTOH...nice to see that some folks can own up to their unintentional (presumably) offerings of mis/disinformation.

Republicans...not so much. Because it's mostly intentional in the first place.

The. Point. Still. Stands.

Go get ‘em, Tiger! You are Ron’s motherfuckin’ muscle, yo!

Just correcting the misinformation, my man.

And sadly, but not surprising, there is quite a bit to clean up over here which seems odd for a board with so much self-proclaimed intelligence and laser-like focus on the facts and truth.

It's dirty work... but someone's got to do it. Just like fielding calls, emails, and issuing tickets on an IT helpdesk.

the bigger issue to Angus is some Dem FL school board member getting something wrong, and then apologizing for it.

OTOH...nice to see that some folks can own up to their unintentional (presumably) offerings of mis/disinformation.

Republicans...not so much. Because it's mostly intentional in the first place.

Lulz - I don't think the "at least Dems own up to and correct all of their disinformation" is quite the burn you think it is.

It's also important to note the woman (a school board member) who initially posted the misinformation tweet was so brave she deleted her initial tweet as well as the correction.

How heroic!!!!

It's also important to note the woman (a school board member) who initially posted the misinformation tweet was so brave she deleted her initial tweet as well as the correction.

How heroic!!!!

She's also probably going to have to go into hiding because you or one of yer kin will or has threatened to kill her or will actually try to kill her.

How much further along do we get once we vax the under 12 population in coming months?

Population is roughly 50 million but that’s 0-12, I think vaccine approval is going segmented again and next will be 5-11 year olds, so like 30 million. Even assuming it’s 50 million, going off current vaccination rates, the fact it’s kids I think you will see greater pushback from adults who got the vaccine themselves. I would predict the rate falls below 50% unless mandated for school, so really maybe a 5-7% change in overall population level vaccination coverage.

How do those who've had COVID but are anti-vaxx affect these numbers? Some sort of "efficacy" should be assigned there right? While they should definitely still get vaxxed, they do have some level of protection against re-infection, at least for a period of time. Some of these numbers may be a bit less bleak/out of reach when accounting for non-vaccine antibodies.

Lulz - I don't think the "at least Dems own up to and correct all of their disinformation" is quite the burn you think it is.

How heroic!!!!

I didn't mention Democrats. I don't know her party affiliation. I'm not trying to "burn" anyone. Just stating some sad truth about Republicans.

Oh, goodness, my mistake. Would you like to address your dear governor's executive order banning school systems from mandating masks? Seems like that's a much bigger issue, no?

ETA: It's also telling that whether DeSantis' kids go there or not, a private school in Tallahassee is making masking mandatory, yet your hero won't allow nearby public schools to do so. Yet you really got me, Angus! Keep up the good work on things that are actually important!

Last edited:
the bigger issue to Angus is some Dem FL school board member getting something wrong, and then apologizing for it.

Apologies, like kindness, caring about others, and unselfishness, are kryptonite to the GQP.

So the problem is not that they didn't take the vaccine and then died from covid, the problem is other people judging them and other unvaccinated people for not getting vaccinated and dying. The problem is not being unvaccinated, the real problem is all those snooty folks looking down on them for not being vaccinated. The thought processes of these people is something to behold.

Back