• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

aee9ab61d95f505dec481e3c0191e4a1.jpg

Isn't Ron Filipkowski the clown who resigned his appointment to a circuit judicial nominating committee out of protest over the treatment of the Tunnels favorite "FL Covid Scientist" Rebekah Jones?
Man GOPers that stop drinking the kool aid really get your goat!

Looking at an interactive map of COVID in Florida, I presume it's not a coincidence that the highest per 100k rate county in all of Florida is Liberty county in the panhandle.

Anecdote: I know of a female physician, vaccinated. Her husband, not vaccinated. Child, not vaccinated. Everyone generally healthy. Child goes off to summer camp. Returns feeling fine. Within a few days, child gets sick…turns out to be Covid-19 and at same time they get word other kids from camp coming down with it.

Mom and dad both get sick, miss work. Dad much sicker as maybe expected, but so far nobody requiring hospitalization.

Gonna be a fun time, this back to school season. Probably.

Anecdote: I know of a female physician, vaccinated. Her husband, not vaccinated. Child, not vaccinated. Everyone generally healthy. Child goes off to summer camp. Returns feeling fine. Within a few days, child gets sick…turns out to be Covid-19 and at same time they get word other kids from camp coming down with it.

Mom and dad both get sick, miss work. Dad much sicker as maybe expected, but so far nobody requiring hospitalization.

Gonna be a fun time, this back to school season. Probably.

Just did a Google Search of covid outbreaks in schools around the country. Some schools are already back to virtual learning (temporarily, they say) due to covid outbreaks at their school, some high schools are already cancelling football games due to outbreaks, and many red-state rural/suburban districts are "reconsidering" whether to make wearing a mask mandatory instead of optional (it's a little late once the school has already opened). Yeah, the first couple of months of school this year are certainly going to be interesting to watch, to say the least.

EVANSTON, Wyo. — Steven was finally getting his Covid-19 shot because Mama told him to. And nobody crosses Mama.

Standing between the fried bread and slushie stands at the Uinta County fairgrounds in southwestern Wyoming, the 42-year-old in the Trump 2020 hat said “Mama” — his wife — forced him to get vaccinated because of the Delta variant.

“The missus is worried about me going out on a trucking trip,” said Steven, who declined to give his last name. “I don’t need it. I have red hair and blue eyes and the blood type that says I probably won’t get it. But number one rule? Mama’s always right.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/10/wyoming-delta-rural-coronavirus-503057

Oh, goodness, my mistake. Would you like to address your dear governor's executive order banning school systems from mandating masks? Seems like that's a much bigger issue, no?

Yo Highland - Any updated tweets today from Derenic Byrd?

The governor's EO in FL didn't ban the wearing of masks in schools. It simply left the decision in the hands of the parents.

Any parent who wishes to send his or her child to school wearing a mask is free to do so. And any parent has the ability to opt out and send their child to school without a mask.

When you actually look at the data (instead of misinformation and activism - two pillars of the Tunnels), the EO makes sense. There have been 8 COVID deaths in FL for children under 16 which is a mortality rate of 0.2 out of every 100,000 of population or 0.00020%.

The governor's EO in FL didn't ban the wearing of masks in schools. It simply left the decision in the hands of the parents.

Any parent who wishes to send his or her child to school wearing a mask is free to do so. And any parent has the ability to opt out and send their child to school without a mask.

When you actually look at the data (instead of misinformation and activism - two pillars of the Tunnels), the EO makes sense. There have been 8 COVID deaths in FL for children under 16 which is a mortality rate of 0.2 out of every 100,000 of population or 0.00020%.

We have no idea what the long term health effects will be on these kids though, other than that they may be significant. I know of one healthy teenager who didn't have a bad bout of COVID at all, but now has debilitating neurological side effects months after the illness. And it should be just as much about getting the pandemic under control so we can resume our normal lives - masks in schools would obviously help that.

So much dumb in this post. Highland didn't claim that masks were banned. He said "governor's executive order banning school systems from mandating masks".
Tell me your qualifications to look at the data. There are way more considerations than past death rate in this population when making these decisions. What else did you take into consideration beyond that? Assholes with no research background doing their research and thinking they know better than the experts, who can actually interpret the data, is getting exhausting. Especially when they are arguing with people that actually know what they are talking about, yet accuse others of activism.

No.

Banning mask mandates does not make good sense.

At least not from a public health standpoint.

Politically…? I guess it could make sense for the brain damaged modern GOP.

Tobacco Road said it better than I could, but for a guy who likes pointing out other people's mistakes you certainly seem to ignore your own. I didn't say his executive order banned wearing masks in schools - it prevents school systems from mandating students and teachers and other school personnel wear them. Allowing parents to decide defeats the whole purpose of wearing masks to school in the first place. As for the rest of your post others have already pointed out what gibberish it is. But I'm sure that DeSantis appreciates your vigorous defense of his honor - maybe someday you can get his autograph on a poster or something.

Just did a Google Search of covid outbreaks in schools around the country. Some schools are already back to virtual learning (temporarily, they say) due to covid outbreaks at their school, some high schools are already cancelling football games due to outbreaks, and many red-state rural/suburban districts are "reconsidering" whether to make wearing a mask mandatory instead of optional (it's a little late once the school has already opened). Yeah, the first couple of months of school this year are certainly going to be interesting to watch, to say the least.

I have a lot of friends back in the Phoenix/Tempe area and it's a complete shit show. One high school already has 4 classes that had to be quarantined/stay home due to infections.

I have a lot of friends back in the Phoenix/Tempe area and it's a complete shit show. One high school already has 4 classes that had to be quarantined/stay home due to infections.

My son's daycare class is closed for 2 weeks due to a positive case. Thankfully my son wasn't exposed since we were on vacation. I fear this is the first of many, but I don't know what to do other than get a nanny.

Anecdotal - my brother's fiance is 4 months pregnant. They are both vaccinated. They have a vacation planned up in Alaska in 2 weeks and their doc is advising that she not travel while pregnant due to the increase in Delta cases.

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

The more the virus spreads, the more damage it does to EVERYONE. Vaccines and masks help to prevent the spread. You understand this right?

Not masking your child is an incredibly selfish decision because it could directly lead to people getting sick and dying.

Why are you making your child an accomplice to those outcomes? Just to own the libs? To make political point? Do you understand how fucked up that is?

Last edited:
The more the virus spreads, the more damage it does to EVERYONE. Vaccines and masks help to prevent the spread. You understand this right?

Not masking your child is an incredibly selfish decision because it could directly lead to people getting sick and dying.

Why are you making your child an accomplice to those outcomes? Just to own the libs? To make political point? Do you understand how fucked up that is?

#livefreeordie

Masked children protect unmasked children.

Unmasked children endanger everyone.

It’s not hard to understand.

Back