• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

I thought deacspop already covered the reason for the discrepancies between Asian cultures and here. One has a tradition and expectation of wearing masks to slow the spread of communicable disease and one is a nation of stupid assholes.

Family has all had the Covid, and 2and2's post made me think to ask y'all experts. We cool to go to Myrtle Beach for the weekend next week to get away for a bit since we've all had it? Need to get away for a while and let the kids have some fun with stupid tacky shit.

I mean I wouldn't go out to a restaurant or anything but if you have a place in Myrtle and are going to the beach I don't think it's a big deal. I wouldn't be interested in going out in public too much.

Agree...we're going to the beach (not Myrtle) in January.

Just keep to yourselves mostly, keep your distance from others, and wear a mask when unable to properly distance.

Avoid crowds.

Enjoy the beach!

With respect to the current thread title:

An Associated Press analysis reveals that in 376 counties with the highest number of new cases per capita, the overwhelming majority — 93% of those counties — went for Trump, a rate above other less severely hit areas.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coro...0201105-zmkrvcttqrerhnemp5xk7owo4m-story.html

Polling, too, shows voters who split on Republican Trump vs. Democrat Joe Biden differed on whether the pandemic is under control.

Thirty-six percent of Trump voters described the pandemic as completely or mostly under control, and another 47% said it was somewhat under control, according to AP VoteCast, a nationwide survey of more than 110,000 voters conducted for the AP by NORC at the University of Chicago. Meanwhile, 82% of Biden voters said the pandemic is not at all under control.

The pandemic was considered at least somewhat under control by slim majorities of voters in many red states, including Alabama (60%), Missouri ( 54%), Mississippi (58%), Kentucky (55%), Texas (55%), Tennessee (56%) and South Carolina (56%).

Yeah I mean just pretty much sums up what we already knew. Also confirms Trump = killed a lot of people.

The county election authority in St. Charles came under scrutiny in September when it sent an email to poll workers aimed at deflecting complaints from voters about not wearing masks.

“Judges and Supervisors, you must keep a face mask near you (on your ear or on a lanyard) but when a voter” complains, the email instructed, “You may act surprised that you don’t have a face mask on properly and then apologize as you put the mask on. Wear your mask correctly until the voter leaves the polling place. Please do this every time a voter says something to you.”

Mr. Bahr said the email had been “very poorly worded,” and that once it came to light, the rules were changed and a full mask mandate was implemented for all election workers.

Sounds like they were taking COVID-19 precautions quite seriously. :rolleyes:

Chief of Staff Mark Meadows tested positive for coronavirus.

Yes. This asshole.

Sounds like Meadows positive was known and covered up.

Meanwhile, in conspiracy land

Back