• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

-Hovers over link to see the domain.
-Sees "lifesitenews.com"
-big fat "nope" from me.

It has a Standard Edition and a Catholic Edition.

Went to Home Depot in Aiken, SC today. Several shoppers not wearing masks, even when talking to sales associates for help. I asked the person at checkout if they had a mask policy. She said yes, they have a sign. However, they are not supposed to confront people without masks for fear of confrontation and safety. What about the safety of other shoppers? Oh, the city mandate is a $25 fine for not wearing a mask in stores. It’s sad an employee has to be afraid of enforcing policies bc a customer may become enraged by being forced to wear a mask in a store according to store and city policy.

Went to Home Depot in Aiken, SC today. Several shoppers not wearing masks, even when talking to sales associates for help. I asked the person at checkout if they had a mask policy. She said yes, they have a sign. However, they are not supposed to confront people without masks for fear of confrontation and safety. What about the safety of other shoppers? Oh, the city mandate is a $25 fine for not wearing a mask in stores. It’s sad an employee has to be afraid of enforcing policies bc a customer may become enraged by being forced to wear a mask in a store according to store and city policy.

It’s been the case for a long time that regular retail employers aren’t supposed to stop a customer from doing something illegal (I.e. shoplifting). The pandemic has just made a lot more customers do something illegal.

It’s been the case for a long time that regular retail employers aren’t supposed to stop a customer from doing something illegal (I.e. shoplifting). The pandemic has just made a lot more customers do something illegal.

True/not true. Retailers are concerned about liability in lawsuits regarding untrained workers. If you have proper training (ie Assets Protection at Target), then you can stop shoplifters and hold them until law enforcement arrives.

I am more concerned about them not enforcing their own store policy. Policy says you have to wear a mask. In California they won’t let you in a store without one. If you take it off after the fact, they will ask you to put it back on or leave. Easy peasy.

True/not true. Retailers are concerned about liability in lawsuits regarding untrained workers. If you have proper training (ie Assets Protection at Target), then you can stop shoplifters and hold them until law enforcement arrives.

I am more concerned about them not enforcing their own store policy. Policy says you have to wear a mask. In California they won’t let you in a store without one. If you take it off after the fact, they will ask you to put it back on or leave. Easy peasy.

In high school I worked at Old Navy and the official policy was you could not do anything about shoplifting. You could just offer them assistance and hope the extra attention made them put it back.

I watched multiple customers walk out of the store with entire shopping carts of clothes because they knew we wouldn’t do anything.

I had a part time at Lowe's working for a company that provided all their plants, and people would steal stuff all the time. They would basically put generators, leaf blowers etc in their cart and just mosey on out, and none of the associates could do anything

Dude you spent enough time in South Carolina to know it’s not easy peasy in non-California states. Store employees have literally been shot and killed trying to tell people to put on a mask. It’s not theoretical, it has actually happened.

Dude you spent enough time in South Carolina to know it’s not easy peasy in non-California states. Store employees have literally been shot and killed trying to tell people to put on a mask. It’s not theoretical, it has actually happened.

That's what I was thinking. Even excluding the shootings there are plenty of incidents on video of people going ballistic at just being told that they need to wear a mask on some poor hapless employee. I've seen some disgruntled people who were asked to leave a fast-food place because they didn't have a mask on. They didn't look happy but at least didn't make a scene. I'm sure there are plenty of incidents where people did make a scene. It's literally crazy, but here we are.

Interesting; I shop at that Home Depot and always seems people have masks on. In fact most of Aiken has been pretty decent about it even though only the City limits have a mandated mask policy. In the last 6 months only once did I see someone get shouted down when he came in without a mask. It on line at the Post Office.
But I agree; in SC I’m not going to be the one approaching anyone and insisting they wear a mask.

Interesting; I shop at that Home Depot and always seems people have masks on. In fact most of Aiken has been pretty decent about it even though only the City limits have a mandated mask policy. In the last 6 months only once did I see someone get shouted down when he came in without a mask. It on line at the Post Office.
But I agree; in SC I’m not going to be the one approaching anyone and insisting they wear a mask.

Every time I go to Home Depot it’s about 50/50. And that’s in noted liberal bastion Cobb County.

It’s almost always the pros not wearing them.

This is fascinating. Amazon reviews of scented candles have been steadily going down in 2020 seemingly due to complaints of "lack of smell."

Of course you casually observe that it always seems people have masks on. 🙄

deacspop’s narrow perception is reality and once again we’re all idiots for pointing out that’s not the case.

That's what I was thinking. Even excluding the shootings there are plenty of incidents on video of people going ballistic at just being told that they need to wear a mask on some poor hapless employee. I've seen some disgruntled people who were asked to leave a fast-food place because they didn't have a mask on. They didn't look happy but at least didn't make a scene. I'm sure there are plenty of incidents where people did make a scene. It's literally crazy, but here we are.

a6e872a3a830f127c07f0e3c045c40d100ffbdd699a8c3a854648097f0226bee.jpg

This is fascinating. Amazon reviews of scented candles have been steadily going down in 2020 seemingly due to complaints of "lack of smell."

I hate scented candles (and artificial fragrances, generally)...may they die a well-deserved death.

Back