• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

I continue to be amazed at some of the totally insufferable individuals who post on these Boards, starting with the "Founder" or is it the "gatekeeper".
Like an attack dog, instead of doing something useful like fixing the edit function, all he does is continue his annoying onslaughts.
It amazes me these guys have anyone in their lives who even put up with them. Then again, they probably don't.

I continue to be amazed at some of the totally insufferable individuals who post on these Boards, starting with the "Founder" or is it the "gatekeeper".
Like an attack dog, instead of doing something useful like fixing the edit function, all he does is continue his annoying onslaughts.
It amazes me these guys have anyone in their lives who even put up with them. Then again, they probably don't.

You seem to suffer the insufferable frequently.

Source: Pa. lawmaker gets a positive test at Trump meeting

A Pennsylvania state senator abruptly left a West Wing meeting with President Donald Trump after being informed he had tested positive for the coronavirus, a person with direct knowledge of the meeting told The Associated Press on Sunday.

Republican state Sen. Doug Mastriano had gone to the White House last Wednesday with like-minded Republican state lawmakers shortly after a four-hour-plus public meeting that Mastriano helped host in Gettysburg — maskless — to discuss efforts to overturn president-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the state.

There was some anti-vaccine banners hanging from a high way overpass in the triangle too. Guessing it was coordinated.

These people are idiots:
"Sounds like coronavirus parties might be a good idea! Fight the virus head on, let it run its course! It can’t effect anyone if there all immune to it! And not by government chemicals"

There was some anti-vaccine banners hanging from a high way overpass in the triangle too. Guessing it was coordinated.

For the past four years all we've heard from Republicans, and even some Democrats, is how the election and presidency of Trump doesn't really represent a dangerous and radical break with the American past. He's just a clown and entertainer and when he leaves office everything will go back to normal. I think we're definitely going to put those assumptions to the test very quickly next year. He'll be out of the White House, but he'll very much remain in the public eye, will continue to dominate Republican politics and thus much of the national political conversation, and most importantly (and ominously) the grassroots movement he's spawned may very well make Biden's job nearly impossible, as the nation may be virtually ungovernable. Suppose Biden tries to issue a national mask mandate - will Trumpites support it or contemptuously dismiss it and make an even bigger deal of out not wearing one than they did under Dear Leader? When a vaccine becomes widely available, how many Trumpites will refuse to take it because they read on some social media site or blog that the vaccine is really a secret government attempt at mind control or some similar bullshit? If the Biden administration tries to pass a law to require vaccinations, how many Republicans will automatically oppose it on partisan, and not medical or scientific, grounds? I know that many people voted for Biden hoping for some kind of return to normalcy, but Trumpism isn't going away, and may in some ways get even worse under a Democratic administration.

Last edited:
If the vaccine is as effective as currently described, I am more than happy for those idiots to infect each other once everyone that wants one has received it.

There we go again. You’re convinced (finally) that the SOB is going to leave Office and now we’re going to spend the next 4 years obsessing what his influence will be. F Him; don’t give him the satisfaction.
Who cares who doesn’t want to take the vaccine. F them too. Everyone I know is waiting in line and can’t wait to get it in their arms. If you don’t want it, that’s your right; more for the rest of us.
If Biden issues a National mask mandate (which I doubt he will) you have the police issue summons based on their identification and handle it thru the IRS. $100 Fine, first time, $500 second. Won’t be the easiest thing to enforce but it will get everyone’s attention.
The best way to deal with Trumpism is to ignore the bastards. We dealt with it (barely) for 4 years because we had to.
That is no longer the case. Washington will still be a battle of ideologies but let’s hope Trumpism dies on the vine.

Not a chance.

Because it’s a symptom of established deranged Republicanism. Not a or the cause.

Not a chance.

Because it’s a symptom of established deranged Republicanism. Not a or the cause.

This.

Republicans want to control a government that they believe should not be involved in solving America's problems with the exception of maintaining white Christian rule (and tons of gritting and corruption).

Democrats, meanwhile, see the purpose of government as finding solutions to help the American people.

COVID Thread 2: Why Aren't More Democrats Getting Infected?! (Super Political!!!)

Who cares who doesn’t want to take the vaccine. F them too. Everyone I know is waiting in line and can’t wait to get it in their arms. If you don’t want it, that’s your right; more for the rest of us.

I don't think you understand how vaccines work.

There we go again. You’re convinced (finally) that the SOB is going to leave Office and now we’re going to spend the next 4 years obsessing what his influence will be. F Him; don’t give him the satisfaction.
If Biden issues a National mask mandate (which I doubt he will) you have the police issue summons based on their identification and handle it thru the IRS. $100 Fine, first time, $500 second. Won’t be the easiest thing to enforce but it will get everyone’s attention.
The best way to deal with Trumpism is to ignore the bastards. We dealt with it (barely) for 4 years because we had to.
That is no longer the case. Washington will still be a battle of ideologies but let’s hope Trumpism dies on the vine.

Just pure, simple-minded naivety.

This.

Republicans want to control a government that they believe should not be involved in solving America's problems with the exception of maintaining white Christian rule (and tons of gritting and corruption).

Democrats, meanwhile, see the purpose of government as finding solutions to help the American people.

Wow, now that's a total crock of shit.

I'm not buying for a second your "good vs. evil" scenario.

What I will buy is that there are good politicians (very few and far between) Dems and Pubs who, while they have their differences, are focused on serving their constituents.

The balance of the politicians, of both parties, are power mongering scum bags who care nothing but ripping off the electorate that they "serve".
Thus, until we get term limits and true campaign reform; we the people will continue to live in a dysfunctional political atmosphere.

What I will buy is that there are good politicians (very few and far between) Dems and Pubs who, while they have their differences, are focused on serving their constituents.

The balance of the politicians, of both parties, are power mongering scum bags who care nothing but ripping off the electorate that they "serve".
Thus, until we get term limits and true campaign reform; we the people will continue to live in a dysfunctional political atmosphere.

Name 5 or even just 3 of these Republicans

One side is against campaign reform, Pop. One side wants more money in politics. One side wants less government or government to help the rich and one things government is to help those who need help.

The both sides BS is like an official who goes into a game with a mission to call the same penalties on both teams whether they commit them or not.

As long as there are people like you who casually normalize Trumpism, there need to be others who call out that bullshit.

I can't imagine why Trump supporters would be in such a hurry to get people to stop talking or worrying about Trump. 🙄

Name 5 or even just 3 of these Republicans

Govs Hogan, Baker, Scott and Dewine. In congress, that's tougher. Those who stood up to Trump were primaried and are now gone. The overwhelming majority of congressional Pubs have been enablers. Occasionally, a Romney, Sasse or Murkowski will say they disagree or are disturbed, but they're pretty safe from a primary challenge. And Sasse is deluding himself if he thinks he's going to beat Trump in a 2024 primary. Although I hope I'm wrong. I had this same debate with an establishment Pub friend a week or so ago.

Back