• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

Just have the T&L industry require an immunity passport. Want to take your redneck kids on a vacation that involves staying at a Marriott/Hilton/etc? Or flying on any domestic air carrier? Or cruise? Or theme park? See how quick these anti-vaxxers line up to get a shot when they find out they can't take junior to the Hilton in Myrtle Beach or to Disney World.

And to get corporate buy in, just offer them a tax break for signing on. Give them a massive competitive advantage over companies that don't.

There are many things that could be done to encourage vaccination. Thinking outside the box can be helpful in finding them.

So...seeing some reports of 3100 deaths yesterday. This is starting to resemble every bit of the grim predictions for the winter months. I’m frightened by how high this could go.

So...seeing some reports of 3100 deaths yesterday. This is starting to resemble every bit of the grim predictions for the winter months. I’m frightened by how high this could go.

Yeah. Some estimates have been off but overall the science has been right about when things would get bad to worse.

Anecdotally I know two people who weren’t fully socially distancing, that started showing symptoms in the past two days.

A week ago or so the stats were 1 in 135 people were currently infectious in Los Angeles

Last edited:
Did you get the rona over Thanksgiving?

Daughter tested positive this morning. We only got her tested because we had notification yesterday that one of her hockey teammates tested positive. She has had a bit of a sore throat since Monday, but she figured it was because the humidity in the house was going down from using the heater more. They said protocol is for the rest of the family not to get tested unless we get symptoms, but to quarantine regardless. Hockey is the only vector for her to have gotten it, unless I'm an asymptomatic carrier. When the two of us went to Nashville, she wore her mask except immediately prior to and during games (face mask, that is... obviously she wore her goalie mask during games). She didn't participate in any extracurriculars aside from pre-game warmups, and stayed in the room while I picked up meals. I wore my mask at all times except in the car and hotel room. Thankfully, she is old enough to isolate in her room and bathroom. We set food outside her door and pick up the dishes afterwards. Hopefully, this will just be an inconvenience and we can move on in a couple weeks.

Daughter tested positive this morning. We only got her tested because we had notification yesterday that one of her hockey teammates tested positive. She has had a bit of a sore throat since Monday, but she figured it was because the humidity in the house was going down from using the heater more. They said protocol is for the rest of the family not to get tested unless we get symptoms, but to quarantine regardless. Hockey is the only vector for her to have gotten it, unless I'm an asymptomatic carrier. When the two of us went to Nashville, she wore her mask except immediately prior to and during games (face mask, that is... obviously she wore her goalie mask during games). She didn't participate in any extracurriculars aside from pre-game warmups, and stayed in the room while I picked up meals. I wore my mask at all times except in the car and hotel room. Thankfully, she is old enough to isolate in her room and bathroom. We set food outside her door and pick up the dishes afterwards. Hopefully, this will just be an inconvenience and we can move on in a couple weeks.

Do people really think there isn't going to be wide Covid spread within amateur athletics?

Do people really think there isn't going to be wide Covid spread within amateur athletics?

We knew there was a risk, but we didn't want to take all of her social opportunities away. The only thing she does away from the house is hockey. And there are protocols in place, but obviously nothing is foolproof. Honestly, I was hoping that someone else would have been the canary in the coal mine, since she is a bit separated as the goalie.

Sucks that her chosen sport is played in the optimal environment for the virus.

Godspeed.

The risk is way higher with indoor sports.

Sorry about your daughter, RW. Hope she’s the only one in the family and her symptoms don’t get worse.

A family I know all got it. One case probably isn't counted. Younger kid had everybody in his middle school grade sick with it. Very mild symptoms. Dad and Mom with more symptoms and positive tests. HS kid with symptoms. Pediatrician said don't bring him in for testing. Just assume he has it.

Grandma, who was in the house at the time is quarantining elsewhere and waiting on test results. No symptoms so far.

The situation described above probably results in one uncounted case. I wonder how many more are there?

Back