• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COVID Thread 2: Operation Ludicrous Speed ! (Super Political!!!)

I can’t imagine having to deal with COVID pain and death on a daily basis. Many of them probably have friends and family who don’t think it’s real.

Agreed; the healthcare workers on all levels who are treating patients day in and day out are the real heroes of this pandemic. Not a day goes by I’m not speaking with WF04 of the challenges he and his colleagues are facing treating patients and then returning home to their young families and hoping they’re ok to go back for another day of work.
So glad these individuals are going to be first in line for the vaccination that can’t come soon enough.
F 2020; this year can’t go away soon enough.

Agreed; the healthcare workers on all levels who are treating patients day in and day out are the real heroes of this pandemic. Not a day goes by I’m not speaking with WF04 of the challenges he and his colleagues are facing treating patients and then returning home to their young families and hoping they’re ok to go back for another day of work.
So glad these individuals are going to be first in line for the vaccination that can’t come soon enough.
F 2020; this year can’t go away soon enough.

On all of that I heartily agree - including that 2020 can't end soon enough. What a year.

There seems to be a lot of potential resistance to a vaccine. If I'm on the Biden Covid response team, I'm getting every football and basketball coach I can to ne filmed getting the vaccine and telling. Everybody to get vaccinated.

Get Saban, Dabo, Kirby Smart, K, Roy Williams et al. Behind the "wear a mask until we get a lot of people vaccinated" campaign. Make people choose between following their football and basketball coaching heroes and an ex-president.

There seems to be a lot of potential resistance to a vaccine. If I'm on the Biden Covid response team, I'm getting every football and basketball coach I can to ne filmed getting the vaccine and telling. Everybody to get vaccinated.

Get Saban, Dabo, Kirby Smart, K, Roy Williams et al. Behind the "wear a mask until we get a lot of people vaccinated" campaign. Make people choose between following their football and basketball coaching heroes and an ex-president.

Should definitely work with the #sticktosports crowd.

They tried that this summer with mask wearing. Didn’t work.

They tried that this summer with mask wearing. Didn’t work.

That was a massive uphill slog against a president who fought it every inch of the way. It will take consistent and persistent good messaging from many sides to undo the damage to public trust that has happened on this issue.

The White House, medical experts, sports figures, gamers, entertainers, religious leaders et al. all need to be on the same page to make this happen.

The messaging needs to be persistent, consistent and done well. What little I've seen has been none of that.

United States Senator Tommy Tuberville is most certainly not going to do that.

Decent chance Trump turns against vaccination sometime in the next months...he'll do whatever he can to distract, destroy, and keep the attention of his loyal and deluded fans/supporters.

COVID Thread 2: Why Aren't More Democrats Getting Infected?! (Super Political!!!)

The speed of the vaccines is the one positive outcome of 2020. He will take credit for it.

The speed of the vaccines is the one positive outcome of 2020. He will take credit for it.

And blame all distribution hiccups on Biden as he launches his campaign for the 2024 GOP nomination.

Decent chance Trump turns against vaccination sometime in the next months...he'll do whatever he can to distract, destroy, and keep the attention of his loyal and deluded fans/supporters.

I mean before all the other shit he was an anti-vaccine person.

I mean the man that thinks his body has finite energy seems like the type of person that thinks vaccines cause autism.

"Under my leadership, we had a fantastic situation with the vaccines...it was beautiful...nobody thought we could do it so fast and so well...now, Biden and the Democrats have messed it up so badly...I don't think we can trust them or the vaccines at this point..."

I can hear it now.

Of course it doesn't have to make sense. He rarely does.

Last edited:

Just have the T&L industry require an immunity passport. Want to take your redneck kids on a vacation that involves staying at a Marriott/Hilton/etc? Or flying on any domestic air carrier? Or cruise? Or theme park? See how quick these anti-vaxxers line up to get a shot when they find out they can't take junior to the Hilton in Myrtle Beach or to Disney World.

And to get corporate buy in, just offer them a tax break for signing on. Give them a massive competitive advantage over companies that don't.

Back