• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CP3 takes on Trump

Trump was involved with pro football right? And it didn't pan out for him. He's on a personal vendetta with this one, and most ones.

He wanted to buy the Bills a few years ago (assume owners didn't approve). I think he had a USFL team at some point too?

Uninviting Steph was about the least offensive thing he's done in office. Dude kept saying he didn't want to go and called him an ass. But calling NFL players sons of bitches was incredibly unnecessary and over the line. I don't blame the extra guys who will protest today

Yeah. The USFL 30 for 30 portrays Trump as a wannabe who tanked a successful second tier league because he wanted to eventually merge into the NFL like the AFL did.

Sorry missed this post earlier.

Everything Trump touches dies.

Steelers returning to the old format and not coming out of the locker room until after the national anthem.

Someone reach out to Charlie Davis and sign him up for the board. He should read BKFs asinine remarks and comment on them.

Steelers returning to the old format and not coming out of the locker room until after the national anthem.

I think this is a shame personally. I kind of like the kneel + hand over heart. Shows respect but acknowledges the struggle. Avoiding the issue doesn't move the discussion at all.

I honestly feel the kneel is exactly what makes our country great. They aren't turning their back, they aren't making vile gestures, they are basically visualizing the weary struggle that they feel. Whether you agree with the protesters or not, they are behaving exactly as they should.

They are peaceful, they can explain their position with clarity, and they are relentless. I think the fact that Kap has not been signed is a non-issue (I don't think he is that good), but I respect the dialogue he has advanced. He did it the right way imo and the vitriol with which this demonstration has been responded with pretty much confirms why they are protesting in the first place.

The president should celebrate their right to peacefully protest (as he attempted to do with the Neo Nazis) and if he feels differently, explain his position and discuss why he feels they should stand. Instead he does what he does. When confronted with an alternative world view he resorts to bullying. He is a complete embarrassment to our country.

Last edited:
I think this is a shame personally. I kind of like the kneel + hand over heart. Shows respect but acknowledges the struggle. Avoiding the issue doesn't move the discussion at all.

I honestly feel the kneel is exactly what makes our country great. They aren't turning their back, they aren't making vile gestures, they are basically visualizing the weary struggle that they feel. Whether you agree with the protesters or not, they are behaving exactly as they should.

They are peaceful, they can explain their position with clarity, and they are relentless. I think the fact that Kap has not been signed is a non-issue (I don't think he is that good), but I respect the dialogue he has advanced. He did it the right way imo and the vitriol with which this demonstration has been responded with pretty much confirms why they are protesting in the first place.

The president should celebrate their right to peacefully protest (as he attempted to do with the Neo Nazis) and if he feels differently, explain his position and discuss why he feels they should stand. Instead he does what he does. When confronted with an alternative world view he resorts to bullying. He is a complete embarrassment to our country.

I knew I liked you Wrangor.

Helluva post, Wrangor. Clearly the NFL corporate strategy of co-opting the protest and blunting it by spinning it into a vague message of "unity" is much more effective than Trump's strategy of insults and threats. A few more weeks of Jerry Jones's kneeling with the whole team before the anthem will kill it.

I think this is Trumps first significant blunder. He won cause the black vote didn't show up for Hillary. He can't take on every black athlete in the country and win.

There's no one in the protect the flag/anthem corner that didn't already vote for him, he just woke up the opposition.

The apathetic don't care about Russia or North Korea. That's what WakeForestRanger and NewEnglandDeac never understood with their endless twitter barrage. But they care about football and basketball.

Last edited:
I think this is Trumps first significant blunder. He won cause the black vote didn't show up for Hillary. He can't take on every black athlete in the country and win.

There's no one in the protect the flag/anthem corner that didn't already vote for him, he just woke up the opposition.

The apathetic don't care about Russia or North Korea. That's what WakeForestRanger and NewEnglandDeac never understood with their endless twitter barrage. But they care about football and basketball.

This is clearly not his first significant blunder. But it is the first one that his followers will distance themselves from eventually. You will have a better success rate asking southerners to give up sex than football. So all the blustering about boycotting the NFL is just that. The 'football urge' is going to return and secretly or openly these boycott the NFL people will be return.

This was a dumb fight for trump to choose, but hat really shouldn't be surprising for anyone paying attention.

A white buddy of mine had a good post about this.

9ec59d07efa178b0db0226a10975a090.jpg

d08dc492f264f4da7ac1740d43b9c938.jpg

I am like Michael Jordan. No problem here.

I don't think he's that good either. But he's still a borderline starter and solid backup. The only reason he's not on a roster is that he took a knee during the national anthem. Period.

The disparity in treatment, both in the media and by NFL teams and fans, between Kap and another mediocre quarterback, Tim Tebow, is telling. And Tebow was far worse as a QB.

I don't think he's that good either. But he's still a borderline starter and solid backup. The only reason he's not on a roster is that he took a knee during the national anthem. Period.

The disparity in treatment, both in the media and by NFL teams and fans, between Kap and another mediocre quarterback, Tim Tebow, is telling. And Tebow was far worse as a QB.

How is it a disparity in treatment? Tebow is not on an NFL roster because he is a distraction. He is better then plenty of current backups and third-stringers. It is literally the exact same treatment.

And then Tebow got a legit shot at baseball when every talent evaluator said he was garbage.

And then Tebow got a legit shot at baseball when every talent evaluator said he was garbage.

He is hitting .226 with 8 HRs and 52 RBIs in A-ball. He may never make the majors, but he also isn't garbage and is playing about where he should be.

Back