• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CP3 takes on Trump

Riley Cooper said "I will fight ever n***** here" and his drama was not too much for the league. The response specifically to Kaepernick, in contrast to all the other players in the league, can't just be easily swept away as "drama."

Riley Cooper was under contract with the Eagles when he said that. 1.5 years later (when the contract was up) he was out of the league and no one else signed him. He was a 28 year old WR that had shown some level of success in his past. He clearly was not signed by anyone because of the drama that he would have brought. Bad example.

I think the problem is people are fine with police brutality because they believe "those people deserve it", just see bkf posts from this board. They get to hide in a group of people that manipulate any argument to some cause they can rally around, which might be just as bad as the people that openly support police brutality. That problem has many causes, people not wanting to address issues because they are hard, people that support the issue making a single action like police brutality into some long thesis on race and white privilege and so on. It's the world we live in apathy, over explanation, group think and support through the Internet no matter how deplorable the thought/action is, and a president that hums along as a cheerleader for chaos.

Tebow sucks, Kaep is mediocre. Neither of their talent levels can overcome the media storm they bring to a team. That is why neither are signed right now. It isn't because Tebow is a Christian, and it isn't because Kaep is black. It is because they simply don't bring enough to the table to warrant the headache each would cause ownership. Kaep is right to protest, but by doing so, he knew the price he would probably pay. There is always a cost in something like this, and I think that is why I have a lot of respect for Kaep. He measured the cost, he still spoke his conscience, and he did it in a manner that was respectful to his fellow teammates and to our nation. As Steve Kerr said (paraphrase) - 'he is protesting racial injustice and police brutality....how can you be against that?'

If one has a problem with Kaep kneeling the better approach is to address the issue, and not the action of kneeling. Open up dialogue with something who has a different point of view and discuss. It is wearisome to hear the tone deaf on both sides of the aisle use this as an opportunity to dismiss one another instead of engage one another.

Every post college sports related chance Tebow has gotten is because he is a good White Christian who isn't afraid to talk about it. He got several more chances than he should have because owners knew there was a large subset of fans who would tune in to watch him play because he had John 3:16 on his eye black.

Some people hated him because he was an outspoken Christian. Most people hated him because he received far more PT and media attention than a quarterback of his stature should have. Sports and right-wing media outlets created a narrative that became a distraction. That and Tebows poor play eventually outweighed the boost in ratings and ticket sales. None of that was Tebow's fault but he benefited nonetheless.

In other words, Tebow got several chances because he stood up for what he believes in. Kap lost his for the same reason. I wonder what the difference is.

Riley Cooper was under contract with the Eagles when he said that. 1.5 years later (when the contract was up) he was out of the league and no one else signed him. He was a 28 year old WR that had shown some level of success in his past. He clearly was not signed by anyone because of the drama that he would have brought. Bad example.

Cool, my bad. Kaep was "under contract" too, but yes, I know the financial circumstances are different.

Yes or no, are there dozens of players in the NFL with worse off-field or on-field behavior? Kaepernick's teammates have largely said he was a leader and not a distraction in the locker room.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. I just don't understand the difference between what you are describing the outcome of his protest to be, and blackballing.

Riley Cooper said "I will fight ever n***** here" and his drama was not too much for the league. The response specifically to Kaepernick, in contrast to all the other players in the league, can't just be easily swept away as "drama."

Riley Cooper also apologized to anyone who would listen for saying it to try to reduce the drama. Kaep kept going with the protests. I'm not saying he should have stopped to try to push whatever his message is, and I personally am fine with him kneeling, but teams don't want the ongoing drama for a backup, so the consequence is that he is unlikely to be signed. Similar to Tebow.

Tebow had more chances than average. Not less.

Captain racism strikes again. The average NFL QB career is 4.4 years, and overall player is 3.3 years, and average for someone who makes an opening roster their rookie year is 6 years. Tebow played in 3 regular seasons and then 2 training camps / preseasons following which he did not make a team. So no, he did not have more chances than average. His career was pretty average or below average, especially considering his Heisman and college pedigree. But it's racist man, racist.

Captain racism strikes again. The average NFL QB career is 4.4 years, and overall player is 3.3 years, and average for someone who makes an opening roster their rookie year is 6 years. Tebow played in 3 regular seasons and then 2 training camps / preseasons following which he did not make a team. So no, he did not have more chances than average. His career was pretty average or below average, especially considering his Heisman and college pedigree. But it's racist man, racist.

lol, good job good effort

Riley Copper was a well below average WR and that is one of the easiest positions to replace. He barely caught 50% of the passes thrown to him. He's out of the NFL, because he isn't good enough.

Plus, he played three season AFTER making his statement. Kaep would kill to be treated the same way.

Last edited:

This isn’t true. Cooper made his statements in the summer of 2013 and signed a five year extension in February 2014.

Riley Cooper also apologized to anyone who would listen for saying it to try to reduce the drama. Kaep kept going with the protests. I'm not saying he should have stopped to try to push whatever his message is, and I personally am fine with him kneeling, but teams don't want the ongoing drama for a backup, so the consequence is that he is unlikely to be signed. Similar to Tebow.

yeah let's not make that comparison.

Wow.

How many QBs who won in the playoffs were out of the league a year later? Tebow did not get "more chances" in football. He is in baseball.

The "both sides" thing is still confusing.

I think it takes little to no effort to grasp what the protesters are and are not protesting.

And mere willful ignorance to assign to them some nefarious or unpatriotic motivation.

Am I understanding both sides?

The "both sides" thing is still confusing.

I think it takes little to no effort to grasp what the protesters are and are not protesting.

And mere willful ignorance to assign to them some nefarious or unpatriotic motivation.

Am I understanding both sides?

Sure, but #alllivesmatter

A comparison of Kap's stats last year to Tebows best year and the most recent seasons of a sampling of quarterbacks that have started games this year.

Why did you compare them to starters? Nobody has made the argument that either for or against them starting. The issue is whether either is worth the headache as a backup. That said, the best record among those you cherrypicked is Bortles at 3-13, with Kaep at 1-10. Tebow's year was 7-4.

Back