• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crawford

Not the first time, or the last. If he isn't making 3's, he's a little tough to watch IMO.

More of an And 1 Mixtape Tour player than an ACC basketball player. Sad to watch his regression after he won quite a few games even as a freshman.

I bet he played with more discipline in high school.

Most of this regression is due to JC early departure. Crawford is a good complimentary piece to a great player. Unfortunately we don't have a "great player" on this roster.

Crawford is good, but I think he plays with the perception that he is an elite athlete. He isn't. He's a very good college basketball player who makes questionable decisions and doesn't have the elite athleticism to bail himself out.

He does a lot of things well, but none at an elite (NBA prospect) level.

Love his swagger and desire to have the ball in big situations, but he's not good enough to just put a team on his back.

Most of this regression is due to JC early departure. Crawford is a good complimentary piece to a great player. Unfortunately we don't have a "great player" on this roster.

In addition to being a great player, Collins was the clear leader of the team, something the team is currently lacking. I don't think that Crawford can be the leader we need. Someone needs to step and take the reigns.

None of the guards are leaders. That is a big part of the problem.

When Crawford does the tuck-my-head-gonna-cross-you-up-1-on-1-and1-mixtape-style-and-never-pass-to-anyone-move, you know the entire fanbase is cringing. It's so obvious what's about to happen, and I'm sure other teams are coached on it.

More of an And 1 Mixtape Tour player than an ACC basketball player. Sad to watch his regression after he won quite a few games even as a freshman.

I don't remember that. Heck, we only won 2 ACC games that year. I have to say, if we are in a tight game with a minute or two to play, I have almost zero hope that we can pull it out. That is certainly not all Crawford's fault, but he is supposed to be the "floor general".

Posted this on the other thread but it probably goes here. Interested in thoughts.

Been thinking on things and while a lineup change may not make a difference, Danny and the staff HAVE to make a point. I know Craw is a Junior and is probably our most "talented" player on the team, I believe he has become a big time issue in regards to chemistry, effort and leadership. Hard to make a bold statement like this but if it's ever possible, he single handily lost us last nights game w/ lazy play, not blocking out on a KEY play, clanking shots, etc.

I, like a lot of folks here have been very vocal about Childress' lack of production, forcing shots, etc., but he DOES have the killer instinct. He's probably the only one on the team with that instinct. Others, like Doral, play with passion, but don't have the killer instinct and potential leadership ability. Now, I know he came off of a 17 point second half performance and that feels good and everything but it's deeper than that. Crawford has had all season to become a calming force, a vocal leader and a "team guy", in which he has failed. It's time to bench him and make him earn his minutes again through leadership. He needs to humble himself and realize that while he has god given talent, he has to play within a system and realize that he isn't all we got.

Give me a starting lineup of:

Childress -Craw(6th man)
Woods - Wilbekin(7th man)
Brown - Melo(9th man)
Sarr - Mitchell(8th man)
Moore - spot minutes to Thompson/Okeke/SJM(if he ever plays)

Sarr isn't completely ready but he is our future and he gets his hands on a lot of balls. He's active, quick and needs to learn the job as quickly as possible. The Thompson experiment must end. Play for our future. I like Melo in the game when we are running press/defensive lineup.

It is past time to shake some things up. Is anyone with me or do y'all think I'm way off?

Posted this on the other thread but it probably goes here. Interested in thoughts.

Been thinking on things and while a lineup change may not make a difference, Danny and the staff HAVE to make a point. I know Craw is a Junior and is probably our most "talented" player on the team, I believe he has become a big time issue in regards to chemistry, effort and leadership. Hard to make a bold statement like this but if it's ever possible, he single handily lost us last nights game w/ lazy play, not blocking out on a KEY play, clanking shots, etc.

I, like a lot of folks here have been very vocal about Childress' lack of production, forcing shots, etc., but he DOES have the killer instinct. He's probably the only one on the team with that instinct. Others, like Doral, play with passion, but don't have the killer instinct and potential leadership ability. Now, I know he came off of a 17 point second half performance and that feels good and everything but it's deeper than that. Crawford has had all season to become a calming force, a vocal leader and a "team guy", in which he has failed. It's time to bench him and make him earn his minutes again through leadership. He needs to humble himself and realize that while he has god given talent, he has to play within a system and realize that he isn't all we got.

Give me a starting lineup of:

Childress -Craw(6th man)
Woods - Wilbekin(7th man)
Brown - Melo(9th man)
Sarr - Mitchell(8th man)
Moore - spot minutes to Thompson/Okeke/SJM(if he ever plays)

Sarr isn't completely ready but he is our future and he gets his hands on a lot of balls. He's active, quick and needs to learn the job as quickly as possible. The Thompson experiment must end. Play for our future. I like Melo in the game when we are running press/defensive lineup.

It is past time to shake some things up. Is anyone with me or do y'all think I'm way off?

I believe there is merit in this. Couldn't hurt to try and it may result in a "team".

With the guards it seems like we're playing a video game where you can control only one guy at once and the stupid computer has the others mill around waiting for you to switch control. Last night it was like Crawford for five minutes, Wilbekin for five minutes, Brandon for five minutes...

With the guards it seems like we're playing a video game where you can control only one guy at once and the stupid computer has the others mill around waiting for you to switch control. Last night it was like Crawford for five minutes, Wilbekin for five minutes, Brandon for five minutes...

good metaphor. It was quite the contrast to watch VT execute their offense, which was similar at times. High screens but MUCH more motion from the remaining 4 offensive players. WF's ball handler dribbles, screener sets (occasionally a double screen) and the other three stand around. I know Manning can coach offense (see last year) but this year is dumbfounding.

and can we PLEASE stop letting teams hit open corner threes? It literally happens at least 5x a game, every game. Teams watch film on us and know our defensive switching is a major weakness and they exploit it. EVERY GAME.

Back