• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crawford

100% with Creamy. I may watch another game this year if that happens. If not, we'll see

I'd love to try your lineup, Creamy, but can't imagine the fallout that would result from Crawford if he was moved to the 6th man role. Wouldn't be good, IMO. I believe he's playing for his future right now, not his last season at Wake, or 2nd to last.
I think our team, and specifically Doral, would benefit from a move like that. I like the balance of Woods and Crawford not in the same unit. Solid.

I'm generally an optimist, and I presume the best in people until they prove otherwise.

That said, I think Crawford has become an issue. I've suspected this for a while now. Got nothing substantive to go on other than what I see. But it's pretty obvious that Bryant Crawford is all about some Bryant Crawford. Perhaps his predicted early departure is by design (and not entirely his own). He certainly isn't showing much NBA caliber anything this season.

I was a bit miffed that he didn't get any more All-ACC love than he did last year, but maybe there's a reason for that.

I suspect that if Crawford were benched, the only one that would be upset is Crawford (and his family, of course).

I don't think you bench a player for one shitty game. Shitty games happen.

Refer to Coaching 101 guide, written by Sir John Wooden.

You either are a coach who constantly tinkers with the starting lineup and it is more palatable, or you are coach who tries to lock in a rotation and tweak it as needed. Manning is the latter. I expect a huge game from Crawford at Duke, but that was his worst game in a long time. I am okay with crap games - it's his decision making that trouble me. I feel like Crawford plays better on the road which indicates some complications on campus with friends/girl, etc...

Way to make a statement with no factual backing, at all.

You and 22fan are real winners.

You might want to temper your holy rage a bit by recognizing that I used the word "suspect". That denotes uncertainty. It is not an absolute statement. It is a guess, an opinion.

I believe that message boards are all about the expression of opinions! (unless you don't like those opinions and then you attack the one who would be so brazen as to express an opinion that you find objectionable).

I feel like Crawford plays better on the road which indicates some complications on campus with friends/girl, etc...

I think it just indicates that he ain't never scurred, which is why I am glad he is on our team.

There is a lot of "Fuck You" in his game. I think that's a good thing in hostile environments.

You either are a coach who constantly tinkers with the starting lineup and it is more palatable, or you are coach who tries to lock in a rotation and tweak it as needed. Manning is the latter. I expect a huge game from Crawford at Duke, but that was his worst game in a long time. I am okay with crap games - it's his decision making that trouble me. I feel like Crawford plays better on the road which indicates some complications on campus with friends/girl, etc...

Crawford is a REALLY good basketball player. This was his second game in a row that he has played severely undisciplined. I love the guy and am very glad he is on our basketball team but he needs to figure out how to play basketball with more discipline than he has shown lately. A lot of this may stem from there being more pressure on him to produce with the losses of Collins, Dinos, and Arians though.

Did you see the Tennessee game?

Crawford is a REALLY good basketball player. This was his second game in a row that he has played severely undisciplined. I love the guy and am very glad he is on our basketball team but he needs to figure out how to play basketball with more discipline than he has shown lately. A lot of this may stem from there being more pressure on him to produce with the losses of Collins, Dinos, and Arians though.
A lot more of it has to do with having a coach that does not stress discipline with the ball.

Crawford's lack of discipline is a direct result of coaching. Coaches have the ability - by instruction in practice or ultimately by withholding playing time - to correct the problem FAST. This is not happening obviously.

And the blame doesn't just lie with Manning. Where are Woodberry and Childress - both accomplished Division 1 guards?

Our assistant coaches seem to be as inept as Manning at getting the most out of Crawford.

You might want to temper your holy rage a bit by recognizing that I used the word "suspect". That denotes uncertainty. It is not an absolute statement. It is a guess, an opinion.

I believe that message boards are all about the expression of opinions! (unless you don't like those opinions and then you attack the one who would be so brazen as to express an opinion that you find objectionable).

Its a shitty thing to post. Own it.

A lot more of it has to do with having a coach that does not stress discipline with the ball.

I disagree with this. It's just the offense that Manning runs - which has been really good for two seasons in a row. I will never complain about an offense as a whole that has spent the last two years in the top 2% of total offense and just bordering the top 10% of total offenses. I just believe there is a lot of pressure on the point guards to make plays this year because of our losses and team make-up.

When Crawford does the tuck-my-head-gonna-cross-you-up-1-on-1-and1-mixtape-style-and-never-pass-to-anyone-move, you know the entire fanbase is cringing. It's so obvious what's about to happen, and I'm sure other teams are coached on it.

this. it's also essentially a turnover because he ends up bricking the shot and it is rebounded by opponent.

No, but this isn't the case here. Not even close. We need a leader who can help create team chemistry. Crawford isn't that guy, plain and simple.

Way to make a statement with no factual backing, at all.

You and 22fan are real winners.

What, would it hurt your feelings too?

I disagree with this. It's just the offense that Manning runs - which has been really good for two seasons in a row. I will never complain about an offense as a whole that has spent the last two years in the top 2% of total offense and just bordering the top 10% of total offenses. I just believe there is a lot of pressure on the point guards to make plays this year because of our losses and team make-up.

I have no real problem with the offense that we run... But you have to admit the last few games have been flat-out awful on that end of the floor. And it's not just the turnovers... Though many of those have been completely avoidable, not a result of being aggressive.

It was oddly comforting to just be able to say, "Welp, we suck because we can't play defense." Now, we can't seem to find good shots (or any shots) on many possessions. And the tendency to slow it down while still somehow ignoring our post players is not pleasing.

Bryant Crawford's offensive efficiency has taken a steep decline this year compared to last. That is because of less supporting cast and more pressure to make plays.

Back