• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crawford

I think he's trying too hard. I do not thing he has checked out. He never quits.

I feel like I remember sportsnut once posting that there have been rumblings about Keyshawn leaving, too. He gets his degree in May. Wouldn't fault him if he wants to start getting paid, but hope everyone comes back.

Way to make a statement with no factual backing, at all.

You and 22fan are real winners.

He said he SUSPECTS something. A suspicion rarely has a factual basis. And fuck you Sig. I’m calling you out, dude. These personal attacks from you are getting old. If you disagree with a post, that’s fine. But state your opinions without the ad hominem crap.

You might want to temper your holy rage a bit by recognizing that I used the word "suspect". That denotes uncertainty. It is not an absolute statement. It is a guess, an opinion.

I believe that message boards are all about the expression of opinions! (unless you don't like those opinions and then you attack the one who would be so brazen as to express an opinion that you find objectionable).

This.

If he leaves, next year we'll have a lot of problems. He is much, much better than Chill. Sharone could become a really good player but asking to start at PG next year is too much.

If you are going to be honest, we often have two empty holes on the court with Craw. Thompson was not good at Marshall and we are getting that level of play out of him this year. Wilbekin is totally one dimensional which limits what the rest of the team can do. Chill would be a very good D2 PG but is limited in the ACC. Doral can score, but is totally one dimensional on offense and basically only Craw gets him the ball.

Chaundee is improving. I wish Danny would get in Chaundee's ear and tell him he's going to play 25-30 mpg no matter what. If he makes a mistake, he won't get yanked. I think this would help everyone around him as well.

Agree and not sure what DM is waiting on. This season is already in the crapper.

He said he SUSPECTS something. A suspicion rarely has a factual basis. And fuck you Sig. I’m calling you out, dude. These personal attacks from you are getting old. If you disagree with a post, that’s fine. But state your opinions without the ad hominem crap.

Spends tons of time talking shit about Wake players, but can't handle it when it is turned on him.

Like I said- you're a real winner.

One of the big differences in the decision making this year compared to last is that the decision making in this year's Wake offense is more fundamental: who is going to make the play? That is a much harder question for Crawford to answer in the context of the current Wake lineup. Unfortunately, all too often, Crawfords answer is ME!

Last year that question was answered as soon as everybody was on the court. The first answer to who should try to score was John Collins. That was probably second and third choice as well. The decision process was about the best way to get Collins the ball and have him with less than triple coverage. There was no question about the focus of the Wake offense. The rest of the offense was shooting wide open shots when Collins drew multiple coverage.

Last night's game should have been played under the same philosophy of engagement. Get the ball to Doral Moore. He was 6 inches taller and had much more reach than anybody VaTech could put on him. Make them double or triple team him, or watch him dunk. Rack up the fouls on their bigs.

Bryant Crawford Credibility Watch

Will he be good Crawford, or bad Crawford today?

It would have been good if Wilbekin makes that open 3 down 63-67 with 3:23 to play. In fairness, Moore was blocking ou the sun in front of him.

I also liked Wilbekin’s left handed finish for the And 1.

He was making mid range shots earlier this year.

I also like how he has run point a few times this year moving Craw to SG.

As for Craw, whoever said he is trying too hard is right on. Some of these passes are lasers into traffic. I’d be happier with him just going all the way to the rim and see what happens, instead of driving and then firing some pass into traffic, which is always bad for us.

Crawford at times, seems to be trying to make up for the loss of Collins and Dinos all by himself. He needs to understand that he still has four team mates on the court. And they are actually pretty good at basketball. He should let them play with the ball from time to time. He also needs to better understand that they have their limitations. And as noted above, they can't catch some of the lasers he throws. And they aren't necessarily on the 14th level of strategy he thinks he is on with respect to where they should move to. Thus, passes to no one. or the other team.

We've made excuses for Crawford's dumb plays for three years. Yes, he's a good player. But he has a propensity for making dumb turnovers in crunch time. Last year, the excuse was "he's pressing, no one else on the perimeter can make plays. Wait until we get Chaundee and you'll see the defenses can't focus on him." This year, it's "he's trying to hard without Collins." He's a JR who started all his games his freshman year. The only accurate conclusion is that he's just one of those guys that makes dumb plays.

You can see it on every basketball court in the country. There is always a guy who is really athletic and can make jaw dropping plays. And then then, in crunch time, will make absolutely idiotic plays whether it be taking a long, crazy shot (maybe a 2 when you just need a 1), driving to the hole on 4 guys, or making a hair brained pass. Crawford's play with a couple minutes to go last night to pass the ball somewhat up the court to Wilbekin/Chill? (not sure who) just over the halfcourt line resulting in a TO, was one of those types of plays. There was nothing to gain from the pass. It was dumb. And it was critical.

I love Crawford. But his decision making is really suspect sometimes.

I feel like I remember sportsnut once posting that there have been rumblings about Keyshawn leaving, too. He gets his degree in May. Wouldn't fault him if he wants to start getting paid, but hope everyone comes back.

Or he could be a post grad somewhere else next year.

I disagree with that completely. Of course any kid would love to play in the NBA, but few aspire to G-League.

He is not having a good season, but he's playing hard and looking for his teammates. If you watch many of his drives, throwing up a shot is his last recourse when his teammates don't move at all.

His lack of discipline on offense is telling. He often goes in the air hoping to pass then has to create a shot. Playing within himself with other good players and he would excel.

Or he could be a post grad somewhere else next year.

It would be good if that post grad year was at Wake. Key has been a good player during his time at Wake. Would be great to have him as a 5th year senior/grad student next year.

BC has 14 more games plus the ACC Tourney to turn things around. Hope he proves the doubters (including me) wrong.

We have had PGs who were turnover machines because they simply did not possess the skills to play the position, especially in the ACC. It was frustrating but only to a point because the poor kids really could not do much better and they were all we had.

Crawford is not one of those players. He has virtually everything it takes to be above average, even in the ACC. But, he lacks the patience and self-control (or something) to let the game come to him. If he would just keep his head in the game and make the solid, smart play instead of trying to force the spectacular low percentage play!

Whatever...I truly hope he gets it together very, very soon.

Crawford at times, seems to be trying to make up for the loss of Collins and Dinos all by himself. He needs to understand that he still has four team mates on the court. And they are actually pretty good at basketball. He should let them play with the ball from time to time. He also needs to better understand that they have their limitations. And as noted above, they can't catch some of the lasers he throws. And they aren't necessarily on the 14th level of strategy he thinks he is on with respect to where they should move to. Thus, passes to no one. or the other team.

Crawford had heated exchange with baby chill last night when Craw was being subbed out. Definitely some stuff stewing around with those guys.

Back