• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crazy restaurant owners on "Kitchen Nightmares"

kennylogginsfan

Reaction score
A little background, chef Gordon Ramsey goes to failing restaurants and spends a week trying to help and make changes to help save the business on the Fox reality series "Kitchen Nightmares". This past Friday on the season finale he was at Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale Arizona. Things went from bad to worse and Ramsey left without helping the owners who while on camera fired an employee for asking a question, cursed out several customers and threatened to call the police if the customers did not pay. Did I mention the customers never even received their food? Anyway, here is a link to an article about the nut jobs that own the restaurant and their battle with Yelp, Reddit, and Facebook. An entertaining read.

http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/kitchen-nightmare-comes-true-for-arizona-restaurant-owners-182329445.html

And a link to the restaurant's Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/amysbakingco

And finally, reviews from Yelp

http://www.yelp.com/biz/amys-baking-company-scottsdale?sort_by=date_desc

There are "some" parallels in that video to Ron Wellman.

Bottom line. They're ALL nuts.

Lol. That lady is just . . . wow. The diatribe at the 7:45 mark - Ramsey looked scared.

Thanks to this thread, I'm watching this episode on demand right now and ...wow. Crazy, just crazy people.

this should go in the saddest video on the internet thread. i was cringing the whole episode.

My favorite part was when crazy chick said they had three little boys who just happened to be in cat bodies. I thought to myself, " Cats! Of course, She has cats!" What crazy chick doesn't have cats?

With their latest FBook update they're saying that all of their social media accounts have been hacked and that they didn't post any of those awful quotes:

Obviously our Facebook, YELP, Twitter and Website have been hacked. We are working with the local authorities as well as the FBI computer crimes unit to ensure this does not happen again. We did not post those horrible things. Thank You Amy &Samy

With their latest FBook update they're saying that all of their social media accounts have been hacked and that they didn't post any of those awful quotes:

Obviously our Facebook, YELP, Twitter and Website have been hacked. We are working with the local authorities as well as the FBI computer crimes unit to ensure this does not happen again. We did not post those horrible things. Thank You Amy &Samy

talk to RJ's contacts at Twitter, they'll sort it out.

Their Yelp page is spectacular.

I love this review
When i turned up to this restaurant I thought there was a nice atmosphere, the people seemed friendly and there was a wholesome feel to the place. I ordered myself and the wife the salmon cakes, which went down just fine. Pudding was well presented. Me and my wife had never been here before, we're from scotland, so this whole american dining experience was new to us. Anyways, the meal ends and i ask for the bill which was an even $30. After paying by card the owner came over to my table and asked for a tip. I said 'sure!' but being from Scotland I wasnt sure of how much to tip. I asked 'how much you want?' and you know what he said? he said 'imma need about tree fiddy'. It was around this time I realized the owner was 8 stories tall and a crustacean from the paleozoic era. That damned loch ness monster had gotten me again! I said, "DAMNIT MONSTAH, I AIN"T GIVIN' YOU NO TREE FIDDY!"

I got up with my wife and left and I ain't NEVER goin back there again.

:bowrofl: Damn, this is funny shit.

I ordered the ramen noodles prepared in a toilet and a baggie of pruno and couldnt have been happier.

Being a Marine Ive eaten some bad stuff in different parts of the world, Id rather eat a rat from a sewer than to have this woman cook for me.

I recently visited Amy's Baking Company. I asked for some onions due to my love for Shrek as everybody knows that ogres are like onions. Samy looks at me and calls me a cunt, I knew that he was just jealous that he worked in some shitty restaurant and also of my devotion to Shrek.

Last edited:
Part of me wants to assume they were just acting crazy for the "show" and thought it might drum up business (maybe like Dick's Last Resort where it's funny to have the wait staff make fun of you and yell at you?)...but I think it's probably more that they're just delusional.

I ate there a few years ago. It was good but it took FOREVER to get our food and we were the only people in the restaurant.

I ate there a few years ago. It was good but it took FOREVER to get our food and we were the only people in the restaurant.

I think he exaggerates about the quality of the food of the restaurants he features. I wonder if superstar level chefs just hate eating food that regular people cook?

Back