• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cryptozoology - Updates on Erickson Project/Ketchum Report

Excellent thread. Spent my 7am hour updating myself on all this stuff, interesting.

This stuff is just creepily fascinating to me. I try to be logical and rational about it, but I still have no doubt there's stuff out there that we have little or no clue about.

When the best evidence of Bigfoot's existence are the videos such as those in the original post, that does not say much for the existence of Bigfoot.

When the best evidence of Bigfoot's existence are the videos such as those in the original post, that does not say much for the existence of Bigfoot.

This isn't the best evidence. They are just interesting to look at. The best evidence by far is the tracks, and hair findings that could be bigfoot hair.

I agree. I say there's pretty much 0% chance that Bigfoot is real. I just don't think there's any way that in this overpopulated earth a massive creature like that could survive without being found (dead or alive). Love the videos and stories though!

My thoughts on this.

1. Extraterrestrial Life does exists. The concept that out of the entire universe life only exists on Earth is crazy. The real questions are how advanced are they and how far away are they?

2. UFOs have not come to Earth. ET life exists but it seems improbable that they have the technology to travel the distances it would require to come to Earth or if they did why would they care about us? I also think we have the technology to detect if any UFOs are entering or exiting our atmosphere.

3. Bigfoot doesn't exist. With billions of people on the planet to give us input all we ever seem to see is a shaky video or a fuzzy picture. I think if he existed we would have seen concrete proof by now.

4. The Loch Ness monster might exist or might have existed but probably not. Given that it lives in water the chances of it being seen is much less likely than Bigfoot. They find all kinds of new creatures in the Ocean every year. Seems possible that a unknown type of animal has survived in Loch Ness. I still think with as many people that have searched a relatively small area (21.8 sq miles) over a long period of time we would have seen much more convincing proof by now.

My thoughts on this.

1. Extraterrestrial Life does exists. The concept that out of the entire universe life only exists on Earth is crazy. The real questions are how advanced are they and how far away are they?

2. UFOs have not come to Earth. ET life exists but it seems improbable that they have the technology to travel the distances it would require to come to Earth or if they did why would they care about us? I also think we have the technology to detect if any UFOs are entering or exiting our atmosphere.

3. Bigfoot doesn't exist. With billions of people on the planet to give us input all we ever seem to see is a shaky video or a fuzzy picture. I think if he existed we would have seen concrete proof by now.

4. The Loch Ness monster might exist or might have existed but probably not. Given that it lives in water the chances of it being seen is much less likely than Bigfoot. They find all kinds of new creatures in the Ocean every year. Seems possible that a unknown type of animal has survived in Loch Ness. I still think with as many people that have searched a relatively small area (21.8 sq miles) over a long period of time we would have seen much more convincing proof by now.

1. 100% agree

2. 50% agree

3. 100% agree

4. 100% agree

My thoughts on this.

I think you're on point for most of this, except I don't think we would have a chance of spotting a sufficiently advanced craft (read:able to travel light years to get here)

Exactly. If they have been here then they have found how to overcome time and space.

I drove through the Redwood forests in Orgeon and Northern CA, and there are a few Bigfoot souvenier stands scattered about. These peeps usually live in trailers and spend most of their time tracking him and collecting samples. Then, they sell the footprint moldings, hair samples, and t-shirts at the souvenier stands to finance their further investigations. Pretty sure none of this could exist if Bigfoot wasn't for real. Plus, I bet all the doubters live in realitvely urban areas on the east coast, or otherwise removed from ground zero. You don't find many haters out in the sticks because they live that shit. Just another day out on the back 40.

I've heard speculation that we don't find big foot remains because they, like us, burry their dead. Thought that was a cool, plausible concept.

I drove through the Redwood forests in Orgeon and Northern CA, and there are a few Bigfoot souvenier stands scattered about. These peeps usually live in trailers and spend most of their time tracking him and collecting samples. Then, they sell the footprint moldings, hair samples, and t-shirts at the souvenier stands to finance their further investigations. Pretty sure none of this could exist if Bigfoot wasn't for real. Plus, I bet all the doubters live in realitvely urban areas on the east coast, or otherwise removed from ground zero. You don't find many haters out in the sticks because they live that shit. Just another day out on the back 40.

They must be pretty crappy Bigfoot trackers if they can't even get a good photo or video of it. STEP UP YOUR GAME, HILLBILLIES.

My thoughts on this.

1- Why is it crazy to think life doesn't exist outside our own planet? Life, particularly sentient life, is an anomaly.

2- If ETs exist, and they are intelligent, why wouldn't they be interested with us, much in the same way we are fascinated by them?

3- Yes there are billions of people, but 98% of the population lives on 2% of the area on earth (semi made-up statistics). There's a lot left to explore and it's not out of the realm of possibility that bigfoot does in fact exist.

4- Same with bigfoot. There's a lot of ocean / lakes / water, etc to rule out anything.

1- Why is it crazy to think life doesn't exist outside our own planet? Life, particularly sentient life, is an anomaly.

I don't think we have enough evidence to say that sentient life is an anomaly. Or vice versa.

2- If ETs exist, and they are intelligent, why wouldn't they be interested with us, much in the same way we are fascinated by them?

Conceivably, if there is an intelligent race that can make it here, they probably won't find much interesting about a small planet in a distant arm of the Milky Way with some upjumped primates.

Or, in Star Trek fashion, you could just look at the Prime Directive.

They must be pretty crappy Bigfoot trackers if they can't even get a good photo or video of it. STEP UP YOUR GAME, HILLBILLIES.

Do you know how many hair samples and footprint moldings and t-shirts you gotta sell in order to afford a fancy picture machine? This shit ain't exactly flyin off the shelves out in the middle of Sasquatchville. Factor in the cost of reefer, hamburger helper, and the cable bill, and there ain't exactly a lot of scratch left in that bag, if you know what I'm sayin. Maybe you need to spend more time with the comman man and learn about his problems dude.

Last edited:
Back