• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cryptozoology - Updates on Erickson Project/Ketchum Report

Maybe the old man saw another old dude in the woods cranking it.

I do find the level of hubris present among the human race to be pretty amusing (my own included).

In reference to "alien" life, how do we know we're not the least-advanced set of planetary life forms in the universe? For all we know aliens are cruising through worm holes and simply pass us by because we're so unbelievably boring.

I'm hypothesizing based on how little we know about our own earth, and even our own bodies. I know some women who are not multi-orgasmic, so therefore we are must be boring to aliens.

There was a story about 10 years back about this guy who got caught fucking a pig in the woods down in Sampson County. When he got caught, he said his wife was on crack, and he was afraid to sleep with her due to fear of AIDS. He also didn't want to cheat on his wife. Hence, the pig.

Maybe that is what the granddad saw.

Either that or maybe the guy was banging the pig, the pig's spouse found out, and he got the gun to make sure the pig husband didn't come to the house for revenge.

^ That sounds way less realistic than a mysterious 7-foot tall species of forest ape whose habitat apparently spans the entire globe, yet has never actually provided any solid physical evidence of its existence.

^ That sounds way less realistic than a mysterious 7-foot tall species of forest ape whose habitat apparently spans the entire globe, yet has never actually provided any solid physical evidence of its existence.

Technically, there are several different types depending on the region ;)

New thought:

WHAT IF BIGFOOT IS AN ALIEN??

dramatic-chipmunk.gif

If I saw the man-pig action I'd probably run back and be like OMG OMG OMG you're not gonna believe this! as opposed to pulling 5 days of silent guard duty with my 12 gauge. But that goes for running across the ape-man too.

In reference to "alien" life, how do we know we're not the least-advanced set of planetary life forms in the universe? For all we know aliens are cruising through worm holes and simply pass us by because we're so unbelievably boring.

first the holden's BBQ mention, then this. do i know you?

The Alaskan Cadborosaurus footage will air on Discovery next month. This could be pretty groundbreaking. Check the end of this video.

It is hard to tell from the preview, but it is supposed to be pretty convincing.

It is probably a good idea to temper your excitement for this stuff, though. As Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet will tell you, these networks are out to make money and they won't pass up an opportunity to cash in on the recent monster craze.

The footage has been discussed at length for the past several months and there is a palpable buzz around the cryptozoological(lol) community.

Definitely looking forward to the cadborosaurus footage. If its not convincing, it will at least be entertaining.

I'm not biologist, but for a population of bigfoots to survive, how many would you need to have to prevent inbreeding and developmental issues? Seems you'd have to have a decent size population for them to continue to survive.

Definitely looking forward to the cadborosaurus footage. If its not convincing, it will at least be entertaining.

I'm not biologist, but for a population of bigfoots to survive, how many would you need to have to prevent inbreeding and developmental issues? Seems you'd have to have a decent size population for them to continue to survive.

Absolutely no idea. I know I've seen estimates in the 1,000 before, but who knows.

RE: The Erickson Project I mentioned at the end of the first post.

Apparently there is DNA evidence from a bigfoot that was shot by a hunter. Here is a small excerpt of his account.

He was a complete skeptic. Because of his unfamiliarity with the Bigfoot subject he had no idea of what he was looking at through his riffle site. He assumed that it was a very strange looking bear that was standing on it’s hind legs. In his mind that’s all it could have been, a bear. When the bullet hit its mark, it started to become apparent that it wasn’t a bear. It did not drop right there, it ran off. They thought they heard it crash in the brush but did not see it go down. Things started getting very weird at this point. Two smaller creatures appeared from the brush, sometimes on two feet, and sometimes on all fours. In his description they looked like a cross between an ape and a bear. They got very close to him and at one point one positioned itself above him on a outcrop. He shot it out of fear of being attacked. Probably the same thing I would have done in the given circumstance. When I’m in the wilderness I always pack a gun to protect my self from wild, sometimes unpredictable animals. There are a few times I thanked God I had it.

This was starting to feel like a nightmare to him and he quickly left trying to wrap his mind around what had just happened. It’s very important to note that he doesn’t feel good about this incident. As a matter of fact he felt terrible. This was a case of miss-identification plane and simple.

At a later date a search was carried out at the site and a piece of flesh was recovered. NOT A BODY, only a small piece of flesh witch was later cut in two pieces, hence the cut line. I’ll say it one more time, no body’s were found or recovered.

No body being found makes me skeptical, obviously. I'm anxiously awaiting this as well though.

There is a lot of disinformation surrounding this project, I just hope this isn't as bad a hoax as the freezer bigfoot from last year.

With the drop in price of trail cams over the years, dont you think that someone with a cam pointed over a bait pile, gut pile, food plot, etc, might actually find some pics of a bigfoot?

I have seen trail cam pics of DEA agents who were looking at a food plot of alfafa or winter wheat meant for deer in the middle of woods, because it looked out of place from a helicopter...

Back