• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 101 - Virginia Can Eat A Bag Of Dicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that rtq and E have the same initials (though probably not middle). But his is definitely not to attract Canadians.

Nope. Just soy.

The amount of soy we consume as a nation/species scares the crud out of me because of all the phytoestrogens. I am convinced it would be better to avoid it altogether, but also damn near impossible. I mean, studies show that babies drinking soy formula consume the equivalent of several birth control pills a day. that's insane.

The amount of soy we consume as a nation/species scares the crud out of me because of all the phytoestrogens. I am convinced it would be better to avoid it altogether, but also damn near impossible. I mean, studies show that babies drinking soy formula consume the equivalent of several birth control pills a day. that's insane.

You could choose a myriad of things about our diets to be scared of.

I just realized that rtq and E have the same initials (though probably not middle). But his is definitely not to attract Canadians.

I hadn't thought of that either. I'm EEH. And I don't think mine is to attract Canadians either, sadly.

Well, we can't have our babies having babies.

Chic and Matt,

After much deliberation and soul searching, I want to inform you that I'm going to pass on the rice cooker. Thanks anyways though.

Chic and Matt,

After much deliberation and soul searching, I want to inform you that I'm going to pass on the rice cooker. Thanks anyways though.

you'll be sad when we sell it for $5 to someone at 2pm on Sunday.

agreed. i don't have an allergy, but i've tried hard to cut it out of my diet. it's not easy. absolutely anything processed is almost certain to have some form of soy in it.

though from what i hear, for those of us without an allergy, anything fermented is still ok. so like miso soup and soy sauce. i wouldn't put money on that bet because i haven't read a lot about it (i just avoid those as well), but i think they're supposed to be ok.

Exactly. There have been studies linking it to cancers as well, but those are often debated.

We were in Trader Joe's the other day wandering aimlessly in the produce section trying to decide what to make for dinner. One of the girls comes up to my husband and begins making boxed dinner suggestions, which we don't eat and I won't touch with a 10 ft pole. She was praising how there are no additives in them and they are "super healthy". He looked at every box and every single one of them contained soy and most of it was the the hydrogenated soy.

Exactly. There have been studies linking it to cancers as well, but those are often debated.

We were in Trader Joe's the other day wandering aimlessly in the produce section trying to decide what to make for dinner. One of the girls comes up to my husband and begins making boxed dinner suggestions, which we don't eat and I won't touch with a 10 ft pole. She was praising how there are no additives in them and they are "super healthy". He looked at every box and every single one of them contained soy and most of it was the the hydrogenated soy.

Come on. Let's at least admit where the real problem is. :)

For reals, what's the problem with soy besides the phytoestrogens and allergies?

Come on. Let's at least admit where the real problem is. :)

For reals, what's the problem with soy besides the phytoestrogens and allergies?

Ha. She was not at all his type. That was not a concern.

REX-RYAN-RUBS-STOMACH.gif

so, what's everyone's specialty dish? i make this ballin' cod with a soy gla-

oh, nevermind. what's everyone else cooking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back